The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 9th December) - Leeds create eight point gap as they chalk up 6 in a row

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 9th December) - Leeds create eight point gap as they chalk up 6 in a row

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Monday 9th December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds create eight point gap as they chalk up 6 in a row

Leeds 2-0 win at the John Smiths Stadium at the weekend not only stretched their winning run to six games but has created an eight point gap between the Whites in second place and Fulham / Bristol City in 3rd / 4th.

Bielsa's men didn't have it all their own way. The Terriers more then held their own in the first half, forcing a string of fine saves from Casilla. As the game went on, Leeds found their rhythm and gradually began to dictate.

Alioski opened the scoring five minutes into the second half. The Macedonian latched on to a clearance from a corner amd volleyed the ball from the edge of the penalty area through a crowd of players with what can only be described as a Yeboah-eque strike.

The game was wrapped up twelve minutes from time when Harrison delivered a peach of a ball to tee up Hernandez on the far post.

Post match reaction

Arsenal U-turn - Nketiah stays at Leeds

Leeds have received a massive boost with the news that Arsenal have changed their minds and are happy to allow Eddie Nketiah to stay at Elland Road until the end of the season. Multiple reports last week were claiming that Arsenal 'were not thrilled' with the lack of game time the 20yo was making, but after discussions have changed their stance. The Nketiah camp will sort out terms on bonuses and perks to make sure Nketiah gets the most out of his stint at Leeds. Recently, when the subject arose, Bielsa was quoted as saying;

I hope he continues and I wish he wants to stay with us,” the 64-year-old said last month. I think Eddie’s integration into Leeds is going to be good if he stays in January and one more year. Him and Leeds be able to show with confidence we are looking for him.

Who is the most improved player this term, compared to last season?

Casilla
Harrison
Alioski
Dallas

In what order would you put them in?

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 9th December) - Leeds create eight point gap as they chalk up 6 in a row

Post by HarryofOz »

Very good win against Hudders. We did what so many praise other teams for, took out chances. Hudders did what so many criticise Leeds for, failed to take their chances.

Good news about Eddie, all those worries were for nothing.

Bamford.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 9th December) - Leeds create eight point gap as they chalk up 6 in a row

Post by rrfierce »

Thats great news about Eddie - made my day!

I think Casilla is most improved (although i still think he's got a error or 2 in him)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Eddie staying NO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE
We were told categorically by the pundits and everybody in social media that he
would be heading back to Arsenal and then shipped out to Bristol City.
It was on the cards. It was written in the stars. We were not giving him
enough game time.

What is the reason for the turn around? Can't be Leeds second in the league.
Can't be Bielsa as coach. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE won't somebody on social media
tell me what is going on. I'M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW

:lol: :hi5: :rol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:36 am Eddie staying NO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE
enough game time.

Hey Rab, I dare say there has been a meeting between Arsenal and Leeds. Arsenal now believe that Leeds have Nketiah's best interest at heart
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:36 am Eddie staying NO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE
enough game time.

Don't worry about the pundits Rab, they'll soon find another bad thing to predict that will happen.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:47 am Don't worry about the pundits Rab, they'll soon find another bad thing to predict that will happen.
Yeah there will be a media meltdown if Kiko gets sanctioned
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Fake News ..mate we live in uncertain times.
Tomorrow will be Tuesday..but afterthat comes Thursday I think. :!:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

rab_rant wrote:Eddie staying NO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE
enough game time.

Image :hi5: :rol:
The reason is his bonuses & perks were too low so now they will be adjusted...tough life innit !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Afternoon Folks

Nice to hear Leeds have retained the services of His Eddieness. I hope that means he sees some game time as well!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Good place to be in this week. I'm interested in Bielsa's words re Eddie, and that he hopes for another 18 months with him. Good to know Bielsa himself would like another 18 months with us at least!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:29 pm Good place to be in this week. I'm interested in Bielsa's words re Eddie, and that he hopes for another 18 months with him. Good to know Bielsa himself would like another 18 months with us at least!
Would make zero sense for him to walk away early, he's putting this 3-5 yr plan in place why walk away after 2?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Order of most improved for me:
Harrison
Casilla
Dallas
Alioski

It's a difficult choice between Casilla and Harrison though. Both of them have taken it to another level this year. Such a pleasure watching them play at the moment whereas last term Casilla made me uneasy and Harrison left me frustrated. The other two haven't shown as great a leap imv. Dallas has come out of the shadows to seize a role among the starters while Alio looks like the same player only more efficient.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

faaip wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:39 pm Would make zero sense for him to walk away early, he's putting this 3-5 yr plan in place why walk away after 2?
Didn't say he would, just nice to hear his commitment reaffirmed in his own words.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Forshaw was the right up there in terms of improvement for me before he got injured. Looked a totally different beast altogether from last season. A real shame about his injury but looking forward to seeing him come back in and regaining that form and scoring some goals.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:08 pm Didn't say he would, just nice to hear his commitment reaffirmed in his own words.
And I was agreeing with you
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

faaip wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:35 pm And I was agreeing with you
Sorry mate, misjudged the response there. I'm also intrigued as to how Nketiah would look after two seasons of being coached by Bielsa. No doubt if he can get Eddie performing off the ball to as high a standard as his finishing, he will be one of the top strikers in the country.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:51 am The reason is his bonuses & perks were too low so now they will be adjusted...tough life innit !
Are you saying that footballers are monetary mercenaries?
As Victor would say "I don't believe it"
Meldrew not Orta
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I wonder if Eddie would like to stay at Leeds if we went up ?

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

rab_rant wrote: Are you saying that footballers are monetary mercenaries?
As Victor would say "I don't believe it"
Meldrew not Orta
Me ? Noooo .never.Image