The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th Dec) - Leeds given green light to sign Meslier from Lorient

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th Dec) - Leeds given green light to sign Meslier from Lorient

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 12th December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds retain top perch

Leeds remain top of the table after West Brom were held by Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium. Charlie Austin rescued a point for Slaven Bilic's men after Wigan took an unlikely lead via an own goal. It means that Leeds lead the Baggies but a goal difference of +1.

Untitled-10.jpg

Sky Sports Duo cast doubt over Leeds firepower

Jeff Stelling and Tony Cottee both raised concerns about the lack of firepower at Leeds disposal following their 2-0 win over Hull City. Stelling said...

If I can just cast one dark cloud – well not really a dark cloud, but a cloud anyway – on Leeds, is there a concern that they just lack a bit of firepower? Which they certainly did last season.

Cottee replied...

They’ve got [Patrick] Bamford and they’ve got [Eddie] Nketiah, who’s done well when he’s come on as well, he’s a good young prospect. Sometimes they overplay it a bit. Get the ball into the box and give them a bit of service. Bamford can be a little bit hit and miss. He had one of those nights tonight and it wasn’t quite happening for him, but you do get 100 per cent effort. You’re probably right to question it because in terms of pure centre-forwards, they’ve not got that many options.

Do they have a point?

Leeds first shot on target was not until the 82nd minute when Alioski neted. Obviously Leeds first goal came courtesy of a Hull defender, Leeds fourth own goal of the season.

Can Casilla break the Championship record for most clean sheets in one season

Kiko Casilla kept his 12rh clean sheet of the season on Tuesday evening. He is half way towards equaling the Championship record for a single season. How inspirational has he been this season? Has your opinion changed of him?

For those of you who may be thinking that the FA / EFL had forgotten or had but the Casilla racism charge on the back burner - think again. The worse aspect of this is that unlike a Court of law ever evidence has to be overwhelming, Casilla can be convicted on probability!

According to Phil Hay, in all likelihood, a decision will not be made until the New Year. If Casilla is banned, he will miss between 6 and 12 games. Meslier has to be called upon to make his senior debut, how will that effect the mechanics of the team?

Leeds given green light to sign Meslier from Lorient

It has been revealed that Leeds have been given the option to buy Meslier from his french parent club Lorient for 4.5m. Whilst many will think its a huge amount of money for someone who hasn't played for the first team yet, let's not forget that Monaco offered £9m for Meslier 18 months ago.

It is believed that the French U20 shot stopper had a big falling out with the club in the Summer when he was told that new signing Nardi was going to be first choice keeper!

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th Dec) Leeds given green light to sign Meslier from Lorient - because he's wort

Post by HarryofOz »

LOL if Leeds dominate a match and our opponents get one chance and score, they get praised for it.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th Dec) Leeds given green light to sign Meslier from Lorient - because he's wort

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks.

Leeds do lack firepower. Two elements to this, our tendency to try and score te perfect goal on the pitch when as we have found the direct approach is they way of this league. There is nothing wrong with strengthening when you are in a strong position. Either via the U23s if possible or in January.

We cant expect our luck to continue.

Kiko. Shocking that the FA can allow a players named to be blackened? using such a low threshold of evidence.
But let's look at probability.. Despite a long career playing in a multinational, multiracial competitions he has NO history of this offence. Sad that it is hanging over his head for so long.

He has won me over, I will never be convinced he wasnt at fault last May but he has earned us 12 points this season. Winder if having White in there instead of PJ has helped too..

Messier. Not arguing he us a decent player but that is a lot if dosh for a bench player, unless he will inherit Kikos mantle for one reason or another. Promote and maybe buy him.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Irish Ian wrote:

Morning folks.

Leeds do lack firepower. Two elements to this, our tendency to try and score te perfect goal on the pitch when as we have found the direct approach is they way of this league. There is nothing wrong with strengthening when you are in a strong position. Either via the U23s if possible or in January.

We cant expect our luck to continue.

Kiko. Shocking that the FA can allow a players named to be blackened? using such a low threshold of evidence.
But let's look at probability.. Despite a long career playing in a multinational, multiracial competitions he has NO history of this offence. Sad that it is hanging over his head for so long.

He has won me over, I will never be convinced he wasnt at fault last May but he has earned us 12 points this season. Winder if having White in there instead of PJ has helped too..

Messier. Not arguing he us a decent player but that is a lot if dosh for a bench player, unless he will inherit Kikos mantle for one reason or another. Promote and maybe buy him.
Agree
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th Dec) - Leeds given green light to sign Meslier from Lorient

Post by BGwhite »

Kiko has definitely win me over . He now brings a calm assurity and is proving to be a bloody good shot stopper to boot !
Who the f*** do the FA/EFL think they are ? Based on probability he will be tarred with being racist for the rest of his life ! He and the club need to go as high as possible to get this judgement reversed... take the Wendies as an example. This is not just a slap on the wrists for bad behaviour it is a slur on him and a nasty one too! Based on hard evidence the football authorities are absolute w*****s and they need to be taught a lesson or 2!
I'm expecting them to ban kiko on New Years Eve with a nice Happy New Year message and a ' Oops, sorry you'll miss the Baggies game tomorrow' .
Who gives a toss, we'll be 20 clear by then anyway !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 12th Dec) - Leeds given green light to sign Meslier from Lorient

Post by mothbanquet »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:20 am Kiko has definitely win me over . He now brings a calm assurity and is proving to be a bloody good shot stopper to boot !
Who the f*** do the FA/EFL think they are ? Based on probability he will be tarred with being racist for the rest of his life ! He and the club need to go as high as possible to get this judgement reversed... take the Wendies as an example. This is not just a slap on the wrists for bad behaviour it is a slur on him and a nasty one too! Based on hard evidence the football authorities are absolute w*****s and they need to be taught a lesson or 2!
I'm expecting them to ban kiko on New Years Eve with a nice Happy New Year message and a ' Oops, sorry you'll miss the Baggies game tomorrow' .
Who gives a toss, we'll be 20 clear by then anyway !

This is what racism and anti-racism have in common - both believe the worst in people upfront, facts be damned.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Well lets see if kiko isn't charged. Regardless..the FA and EFL are as corrupt as they come ...250k fine for doing nothing wrong !