Beeb Article. For those into FFP worth a read

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Beeb Article. For those into FFP worth a read

Post by Irish Ian »

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Beeb Article. For those into FFP worth a read

Post by BGwhite »

I think the bubble will burst eventually on football in general. Its just a matter of time before the elite clubs in Europe form their own league and leave the rest to crumble.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:04 pm I think the bubble will burst eventually on football in general. Its just a matter of time before the elite clubs in Europe form their own league and leave the rest to crumble.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I don't know that that will happen.

Imagine a league made up of Barca, Real, Atletico, Juventus, AC Milan, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, Ajax, City. Scum, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham, etc...

More than one of them would have to start losing lots of games. If there was no relegation model, they might lose lots of games for lots of years. The Champions League model makes them all a tremendous amount of money; as long as it continues to do so I don't think they will change.

This is probably my heart talking more than my head, but I hope not.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Money , well figures are like women , once you get them tied down you can do anything you want....the banks and governments can minupulate them to what they want , it's all bull crap for you to believe