January Transfer Window And Squad Discussion-No More signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: January Transfer Window And Squad Discussion

Post by BGwhite »

Cjay wrote: Has Radz done a cracking job though?

From what I can see his business plan is on the brink of failing and leaving us in a mess.

Radz got Orta in on the basis that Orta is meant to be able to find gems cheaply who will be sold at a profit to help run and fund the club, that hasn't happened.

None of the kids Orta has found have done that, the ones who have properly broken through were all here before Radz and before Orta, Clarke, Shacks even Gotts.

Not one signing Orta has found has been sold for good money, Vieira, Roofe, Jansson, all here before.

The money the club have wasted is astronomical, Nketiah, Brown, Baker, De Bock, Cibicki, Grot, Anita, Ideguchi, Ekuban, Blackman, Wiedwald, Bouy, Gomes, Lassie, Halme, Pennington, Borthwick- Jackson, the list goes on and on of players who we lost money on.

Even Saiz we sold at a loss.

The wage bill has gone through the roof, the club is close to ffp limit despite Radz officially having the lowest net spend of any Chairmen in recent memory (and refusing to put money in to allow us to raise the ffp limit), that doesn't sound like a well run club to me.

The club have currently got 3 key players who were here before Radz and Orta that they haven't replaced.
Roofe- not replaced
Vieira- not replaced
Jansson - not replaced (Ben White is a loan, we don't own him so he cant count as an actual replacement for an asset imo)

If the club isn't promoted the club will still have a far higher wage bill then before, less assets then they had before Radz arrived and seemingly no money to buy more partly because the club have wasted so much money (something radz himself has admitted).

The best thing Radz has done is get in Bielsa, 100% credit for that.

But we don't seem to be a well run club if we need to bring in £30mil to survive.
We don't have many assets left because we now run a buy to loan policy
We have lost a lot of money and so far not one of the pet projects of Orta has paid off to help us bring some money in.

radz gets a lot of credit for MB but imo people are ignoring the absolute mess we could be in at the end of the season.

Very few assets left, a massive wage bill and a squad that will be beyond paper thin.
We will be in a mess without promotion . Can't see Bielsa staying and why would he !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm Has Radz done a cracking job though?

From what I can see his business plan is on the brink of failing and leaving us in a mess.

Radz got Orta in on the basis that Orta is meant to be able to find gems cheaply who will be sold at a profit to help run and fund the club, that hasn't happened.

None of the kids Orta has found have done that, the ones who have properly broken through were all here before Radz and before Orta, Clarke, Shacks even Gotts.

Not one signing Orta has found has been sold for good money, Vieira, Roofe, Jansson, all here before.

The money the club have wasted is astronomical, Nketiah, Brown, Baker, De Bock, Cibicki, Grot, Anita, Ideguchi, Ekuban, Blackman, Wiedwald, Bouy, Gomes, Lassie, Halme, Pennington, Borthwick- Jackson, the list goes on and on of players who we lost money on.

The wage bill has gone through the roof, the club is close to ffp limit despite Radz officially having the lowest net spend of any Chairmen in recent memory (and refusing to put money in to allow us to raise the ffp limit), that doesn't sound like a well run club to me.

The club have currently got 3 key players who were here before Radz and Orta that they haven't replaced.
Roofe- not replaced
Vieira- not replaced
Jansson - not replaced (Ben White is a loan, we don't own him so he cant count as an actual replacement for an asset imo)

If the club isn't promoted the club will still have a far higher wage bill then before, less assets then they had before Radz arrived and seemingly no money to buy more partly because the club have wasted so much money (something radz himself has admitted).

But we don't seem to be a well run club if we need to bring in £30mil to survive.
We have lost a lot of money and so far not one of the pet projects of Orta has paid off to help us bring some money in.

radz gets a lot of credit for MB but imo people are ignoring the absolute mess we could be in at the end of the season.

Very few assets left, a massive wage bill and a squad that will be beyond paper thin.
Yes he has..Can't think of a single owner whose done a better job for the club since the early nineties..There's context needed here and we shouldn't be judging ourselves alongside those that have benefited from the Premierships generosity.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I know everyone can't wait to whore themselves out to QSI but I'm hoping that doesn't happen..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

so eddie cost us nearly 500k per goal?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:06 pm Just drawn a rune for this transfer window, and ultimately its effect on the rest of our season:

Dagaz - we're going up!
Who does he play for? With a name like that he must be Croatian... another Luka Modric :lol: :rol:
Yes lets start a rumour that we are getting Dagaz, and see how long it takes before social media
goes into meltdown over the new player that Bielsa has uncovered.

Dagaz who can transform the negative into the positive.
Dagaz who transforms something into its opposite... a losing team into a winning team.
Dagaz who changes things for the better.

Sign him up this is the player we need.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote:I know everyone can't wait to whore themselves out to QSI but I'm hoping that doesn't happen..
And if promotion isn't achieved this year we carry on scratching around bargain basement hoping for that lucky signing to fire us up , in the meantime the rest of the squad has gone back to their parent club so we scratch around again. AR doesn't want to put his money where his mouth is anymore, his plan has so far failed so that's it. Even with promotion he will still be the tight arse that he is and God help us. I'd rather get back in the PL with owners who will at least put the money in to make this club great again instead of creaming it off and then charging us to rent the ground when he decides to bugger off having stripped all the assets. Phillips is the last big asset so we'll see what happens after that .

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I know, I'll be in the minority as I was when I said GFH's takeover would be a disaster.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:16 pm I know, I'll be in the minority as I was when I said GFH's takeover would be a disaster.
Why?

Genuinely interested to know why.

I understand the concerns about the political stuff and all that.

But is that your only concern?

Financially GFH are not in the same universe as QSi, QSI have also (whether people agree with it or not) taken PSG to a level on the field and commercially to a place no PSG fan would have thought possible.

No clue if QSI will get involved but what is it that you don't like about it?

\Is it that we will become a plastic club or whatever? Or the political stuff?

One thing I really do believe, if QSi takeover we will succeed on the pitch, I have no doubt about that, QSI would never allow us not to with the 2022 World Cup coming up.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:03 pm Yes lets start a rumour that we are getting Dagaz, and see how long it takes before social media
goes into meltdown over the new player that Bielsa has uncovered.

Dagaz who can transform the negative into the positive.
Dagaz who transforms something into its opposite... a losing team into a winning team.
Dagaz who changes things for the better.

Sign him up this is the player we need.
:)

With his perfect balance of left and right brain, he is adept with either foot, and has the determination and vision to create something out of nothing. His intuitive understanding means he is always in the right place at the right time, and his positivity brings confidence to the whole squad.

Previously unknown to the rest of the footballing world, Bielsa scouted him in a vision after imbibing reindeer piss, and hanging from the east stand for nine consecutive nights. This has accounted for the delay so far, but the search is now over, and success is assured.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote:I know, I'll be in the minority as I was when I said GFH's takeover would be a disaster.
So in your opinion what wouldn't be a disaster ? This season is make or break we all know it is including the management but there seems no urgency even from the debacle of last January to reinforce the squad to get over the line, primarily a striker. The ONE we have (how ridiculous) will not provide sufficient goals and the defence is leaking like a cullinder. The strain is starting to tell just like last winter .

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:08 pm £12 to £15m on Costa which we haven't paid for yet ?
£7m on Bamford for a striker who isn't a prolific goalscorer.
£4.5m for Forshaw :roll:

Over the last couple of years we've sold players for around :

£15m Wood
£6m Taylor
£5m Jansson
£7m Roofe

I'd rather have those four players in our squad than some who are playing in their respective positions now

£20m guaranteed for Kalvin if we fail this season. All down to Marcelo for making KP the player he has become

We sell our best players but the incoming purchases are not great
Oh I forgot about the £7m we got for Vieira & what fee did we acquire for Saiz
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

SaraM wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:32 pm Previously unknown to the rest of the footballing world, Bielsa scouted him in a vision after imbibing reindeer piss, and hanging from the east stand for nine consecutive nights. This has accounted for the delay so far, but the search is now over, and success is assured.
Let it be said that when Bielsa was hanging from the East stand
he was doing it UPSIDE DOWN and BUTT NAKED and in the moonlight.

To increase cognitive powers, and to be able to make the right decisions
during the January transfer window, many football managers have began to practice
Butthole sunbathing because of the insights and increase energy levels it gives

View treatise on Butthole sunbathing here

However it was Bielsa who first discovered the power of exposing your butthole to moonbeams.
The frequency of moonbeams, it has been said stimulates, the 6th Chakra with more energy
than direct sunlight, and this is how Bielsa discovered the existence of Dagaz
(Not to be confused Bogusz)

So impressed was he with the technique that for the next Tuesday night fixture he will
douse the floodlights and encourage the whole of the KOP to drop their trousers and point
their bottoms at the Directors boxes in the stands, and he has the unshakable conviction
that so much moonbeam energy will be released that the Leeds team will coast to victory.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:10 pm Oh I forgot about the £7m we got for Vieira & what fee did we acquire for Saiz
You forgot £8m for jack clarke
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:44 pm Has Radz done a cracking job though?

Roofe- not replaced
Vieira- not replaced

I think several of our fans forget all the above points you have raised in fact I reckon it's gone right over their heads.

Without doubt the appointment of Marcelo Bielsa is the jewel of Radrizzani's reign

The football has been a joy to watch

Promotion is imperative this season. Failure & all I can visualise is we are back to square one!

I'm sticking with my initial thoughts we'll go up, with the necessary signings we could achieve promotion comfortably as oppose to going through the squeaky bum motions if we decide to rest on our laurels & rely on luck to see us over the line
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rrfierce wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:30 pm You forgot £8m for jack clarke
The money keeps rolling in :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:16 pm I know, I'll be in the minority as I was when I said GFH's takeover would be a disaster.
Aah the sharks Uncle Ken sold our club down the line after claiming he would only sell LUFC to the right owners :chair:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:31 pm Why?

Genuinely interested to know why.

I understand the concerns about the political stuff and all that.

But is that your only concern?

Financially GFH are not in the same universe as QSi, QSI have also (whether people agree with it or not) taken PSG to a level on the field and commercially to a place no PSG fan would have thought possible.

No clue if QSI will get involved but what is it that you don't like about it?

\Is it that we will become a plastic club or whatever? Or the political stuff?

One thing I really do believe, if QSi takeover we will succeed on the pitch, I have no doubt about that, QSI would never allow us not to with the 2022 World Cup coming up.
It's the corruptness of QSI, their intolerance for criticism and free speech, the fact that we become a franchise football club so yes hate the plasticness of it all, and we will be a PSG feeder club as they have an easy route into Europe and we don't.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 pm So in your opinion what wouldn't be a disaster ? This season is make or break we all know it is including the management but there seems no urgency even from the debacle of last January to reinforce the squad to get over the line, primarily a striker. The ONE we have (how ridiculous) will not provide sufficient goals and the defence is leaking like a cullinder. The strain is starting to tell just like last winter .

Oh that's easy, a sustainable football club, well managed and run. Building a team of under estimated footballers and building a world class academy and youth set up..Playing football good to watch . A lot of which we're well on the way to achieving.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Surely not? :lol:

The guy who got Ronnies number 7 shirt.

Must be on over £100k a week to!!!!

But, we nearly got Totti so lets role with it and certainly more appealing then Billy Sharp.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Fake news
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa