The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 13th January) Adams move to Elland Road will come at a cost

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rrfierce
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 13th January) Adams move to Elland Road will come at a cost

Post by rrfierce » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:36 pm

seems like we're hell bent on planning for the future without addressing the more important needs of senior team.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 13th January) Adams move to Elland Road will come at a cost

Post by 1964white » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:46 pm

The next four months should be priority not four years down the line. We brought in a whole bunch of U23's last season & where has that got us so far?

Unless we are bought out by some rich owners, this season could be our last chance of achieving promotion.

We need to get our priorities right!

WhiteRose
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by WhiteRose » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:18 pm

I dont think there is a chance of getting Gayle or Adams, there is no way the hierarchy at southampton would sell a player against the wishes of the first team coach.

Orta and co have hopefully moved on to the next best options.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:32 pm

Seems like the same people who are hell bent on kissing Brentford's ar$e don't like us doing the same sort of thing. Planning for the future is essential because there are no guarantees that even if we spent £30m in the transfer window that it would guarantee promotion. If we don't go up and KP and others are sold then hopefully we have players in the U23s ready to step up. Brentford lost Maupay but are stronger and in the same way over the last few seasons they have usually sold their best player(s) at the end of the season but then continue to improve. Brentford's manager jumped ship it didn't stop them improving. If we put all our eggs in 1 basket and then failed to go up we would be in a terrible position but having spent time on recruitment for the U23s and getting them playing the same way as the first team it may be that we will have better players in the U23s than we do in the first team and be stronger as a team when they are ready.
Senor El Weasel

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:25 pm

1964white wrote:The next four months should be priority not four years down the line. We brought in a whole bunch of U23's last season & where has that got us so far?

Unless we are bought out by some rich owners, this season could be our last chance of achieving promotion.

We need to get our priorities right!
Rich owners or not we are still bound by ffp although I do think AR uses it as a smokescreen.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:27 pm

WhiteRose wrote:I dont think there is a chance of getting Gayle or Adams, there is no way the hierarchy at southampton would sell a player against the wishes of the first team coach.

Orta and co have hopefully moved on to the next best options.
That's me then, I'll probably be on the bench against QPR .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ratscoot
First Team
First Team

Post by Ratscoot » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Gayle is a bell end so on that basis alone Adams for me but add the fact Adams, is younger, hungrier, less injury prone (so far) would play a number of positions and would be massively keen to prove things it’s Adams for me :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't

Advertisment