The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th January) Saints hierarchy meet to discuss Adams future

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th January) Saints hierarchy meet to discuss Adams future

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:47 pm Think I need to start a who wants Bielsa out poll....
Or maybe just a thread titled

I don't want Bielsa out but.....

and see how many reasons people have to criticise the coach who has had us punching well above our weight since he came in and playing some of the best football ever seen at Leeds.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 14th January) Saints hierarchy meet to discuss Adams future

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:47 pm Think I need to start a who wants Bielsa out poll....
I doubt you'll get many affirmative answers if any at all
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:59 pm Or maybe just a thread titled

I don't want Bielsa out but.....

and see how many reasons people have to criticise the coach who has had us punching well above our weight since he came in and playing some of the best football ever seen at Leeds.
I love Bielsa but he does make mistakes, let face it he's only human.

The man is honest enough having own up to making mistakes during his interviews.

Anyone who wants Bielsa out must be off their head :evil:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The trouble is that he 'admits' to mistakes to shield/protect the players or protect the poor officials etc. People aren't used to it and use this to have a pop at him. For example when he would blame himself for lack of gametime for Nketiah most managers would have simply come out and hung Nketiah out to dry saying he wasn't good enough, wasn't working hard enough etc. Or when 99% of fans were saying he was wrong to play Bamford but Bielsa knew how important Bamford was to the system and that the goals would come, which they did (and hopefully more will again). Not all 'mistakes' are mistakes just somebody else's opinion without having to play out what would have unfolded had their decision been made.

If the linemsan hadn't given what looked like a wrong or very tight offside decision on Saturday we would have gone 1-0 up and probably won. Crisis over and with Bamford having been the scorer the pressure on him would have eased. Did Bielsa blame the officials? Nope.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:24 pm The trouble is that he 'admits' to mistakes to shield/protect the players or protect the poor officials etc. People aren't used to it and use this to have a pop at him. For example when he would blame himself for lack of gametime for Nketiah most managers would have simply come out and hung Nketiah out to dry saying he wasn't good enough, wasn't working hard enough etc. Or when 99% of fans were saying he was wrong to play Bamford but Bielsa knew how important Bamford was to the system and that the goals would come, which they did (and hopefully more will again). Not all 'mistakes' are mistakes just somebody else's opinion without having to play out what would have unfolded had their decision been made.

If the linemsan hadn't given what looked like a wrong or very tight offside decision on Saturday we would have gone 1-0 up and probably won. Crisis over and with Bamford having been the scorer the pressure on him would have eased. Did Bielsa blame the officials? Nope.
I'm pretty certain he admitted to poor use of his substitutions in a couple of matches, that's the honest man he is as with the points you make in your above post
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Or maybe a "Do you agree with Faaip, that you are not allowed to criticize Bielsa, recognizing the fact he has the team playing well but there could be improvements " thread?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:36 pm I'm pretty certain he admitted to poor use of his substitutions in a couple of matches, that's the honest man he is as with the points you make in your above post
He has done but there is no guarantee other substitutions would have made the result any better. Take when Nketiah was brought on v Swansea. Right decision based on Nketiah getting the winner v Brentford but then against Swansea Nketiah misses a sitter and a few minutes later we concede and we lose 1-0, maybe Bamford scores if he stayed on and we win 1-0. No way of knowing just like all the other decisions people make that Bielsa didn't. Same with bringing Berardi off for Struyk against Cardiff, okay both of us would have left Berardi on and brought Struyk on as well but for all we know if saw Bielsa did that instead and say brought off a midfielder we might have lost control of midfield and conceded a couple of goals.

All too easily to say substitutions were wrong if the results goes wrong but never a guarantee that an alternative 9/10 decisions taken could have had the same result.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BobHirst wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:55 pm Or maybe a "Do you agree with Faaip, that you are not allowed to criticize Bielsa, recognizing the fact he has the team playing well but there could be improvements " thread?
I'd be happy to put my name to that despite realizing it's intended as an insult.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

And ot took Leeds three months to include his picture on their squad page :lol:

Bristol should make top six if they keep him fit.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:51 pm I'd be happy to put my name to that despite realizing it's intended as an insult.
Not meant as an insult. Just saying what it looks like to me.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:08 pm I love Bielsa but he does make mistakes, let face it he's only human.

The man is honest enough having own up to making mistakes during his interviews.

Morning Leon, I don't mind Bielsa making mistakes, but he doesn't seem to learn by them.

We need change of tactics, and we need to rotate players - both I'd say he is incapable of!

Looking at what we have, we have the perfect squad to go 5-3-2.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Bamford, but he needs someone else to play off.

At least this would provide a change of tactic now and again.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:08 pm I love Bielsa but he does make mistakes, let face it he's only human.

Morning Leon, I don't mind Bielsa making mistakes, but he doesn't seem to learn by them.

We need change of tactics, and we need to rotate players - both I'd say he is incapable of!

Looking at what we have, we have the perfect squad to go 5-3-2.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Bamford, but he needs someone else to play off.

At least this would provide a change of tactic now and again.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

totally agree with that. teams know exactly how we're going to line up and who's going to play where. They know we need 10 or more chances to score and know that if they get something on target theres a good chance it will go in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What would the 352 line up look like? player wise
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote:What would the 352 line up look like? player wise
Does it matter ? Bielsas teams play all over the place anyway. It will be the same team as most weeks but not necessarily in the same position as they played in the previous week.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yes it does ...Ellandback said he'd like to see us play a 352 so Paddy has a strike partner, I wanted to know what he thought that would look like

If I had a go

Casilla
White Berardi Cooper
Ayling Klich Phillips Hernandez Harrison
Bamford New Striker