QPR V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pablo returns, Clarke on the bench for QPR

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Re: QPR V Leeds Utd Match Thread - Pablo returns, Clarke on the bench for QPR

Post by SG90 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Bamford is overconfident or just plain greedy, trying to score from impossible angles. He had another chance to square it to Harrison first half for a tap in, but tried to shoot.

Bring back Hadi, at least he learned to square it.
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm

faaip wrote: Often Klich who put his foot on the ball when all was chaos in defence, bought the ball out well, seldom lost posesion. wonderful cross that Bamford couldn't be arsed to get to. Several clever balls in their half. Does the dirty work everyone misses it seems ..Very good game for me todya

Lets not forget QPR got an illegal goal, we had a pen turned down, created a hatful of chances and generally looked the much better team plus dominated possession.
Same old then

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Supporting Leeds is like being James Caan in Misery, you just gotta lie there and take the pain and can't do anything about it. :cry:
What I want from an owner: 1. Ambition. 2. Wage bill control. 3. Cut spending on loan fees. 4. Better scouting. 5. Get bigger fees for our best players. 6.No ego.

Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mick Jones shoulder » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Let's not forget lost.

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:27 pm

So Brewster the Liverpool loanee to Swansea scores against Wigan.
Some clubs can get it right. Why is it so difficult for us???

BGwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BGwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:29 pm

rab_rant wrote:So Brewster the Liverpool loanee to Swansea scores against Wigan.
Some clubs can get it right. Why is it so difficult for us???
Because we have a manager who wants players to tick too many boxes- deluded.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

rrfierce
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rrfierce » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Personally I think the problem with bielsa is he's very poor at man management. Might have a good theoretical view on how teams should perform but when the players get tired and the squad us so small they cannot play how they have been coached to do. Last season and this has proved it. The language barrier has to have a big impact and he seems very aloof and even the players said they don't have any one to ones or much to do with him outside training.

Add to this the lack of investment, quality players on the bench and this is result. I think it's time for some people to realise that this could be as good as it gets under the current setup.

Denman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Denman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Wisdom is what we need from our manager right now. Wisdom to do the right thing. We shall find out very soon if MB has this most important of attributes.

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Velotrax
First Team
First Team

Post by Velotrax » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:39 pm

rrfierce wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:30 pm
Personally I think the problem with bielsa is he's very poor at man management. Might have a good theoretical view on how teams should perform but when the players get tired and the squad us so small they cannot play how they have been coached to do. Last season and this has proved it. The language barrier has to have a big impact and he seems very aloof and even the players said they don't have any one to ones or much to do with him outside training.

Add to this the lack of investment, quality players on the bench and this is result. I think it's time for some people to realise that this could be as good as it gets under the current setup.
Am I the only one that is becoming to wonder if he has lost the dressing room, lots of finger pointing tiday

Poshwhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Poshwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:44 pm

SG90 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm
Bamford is overconfident or just plain greedy, trying to score from impossible angles. He had another chance to square it to Harrison first half for a tap in, but tried to shoot.

No, he is just sh!t

Denman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Denman » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Velotrax wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:39 pm
Am I the only one that is becoming to wonder if he has lost the dressing room, lots of finger pointing tiday
I wouldn’t go that far yet. But some in that team are beginning to lose their heads, and there can be no doubt that MB needs to provide the strong, clear leadership that adversity requires.

lostwire
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by lostwire » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Been expecting the 'Bielsa resigns' headline for a while. What he is trying to do won't work with this quality of player over a sustained period of time. He said that they had no more to give aster last season, he was right!

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm

rrfierce wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:30 pm

We invested 15M in Costa and he wouldn't have gotten a game if Pablo stayed fit, we paid 3 M for Eddie and said he'd start a certain amount of games for us and he didn't. I think the actual investment is a bit of a smoke screen especially as we're not a rich club (middle table I think) and we've never had the prem outrageous prize money or parachute payments a lot of our rivals have..now or in the near past. A championship team is unsustainable without owner handout/investment from outside or the Premierships massive payouts
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 pm

SG90 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm

I don't think he has the vision to see runs or even notice other players..Also does he have the technique under pressure to make those passes or is shooting off target just easier and he can be counted unlucky if he misses
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious...

....but I am...

....so that's how it comes out

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:12 pm

If we say Bamford won't score goals then he won't
If we say we are falling apart then we will
We get all the utterances of our mouths
If we say our defence is weak then we will let in goals
If we say history will repeat itself then it will
Be it according to the words of our mouths
Bielsa is innocent, Radrizzanni does his best
We fail because of us. We are responsible.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:14 pm

faaip wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 pm
Lets not forget QPR got an illegal goal, we had a pen turned down, created a hatful of chances and generally looked the much better team plus dominated possession.
Some really high scores on the doors there mate. Not denying we dominated play but we take far too many wrong options & miss decent chances. Never fancied us to get back into the game mainly down to our inability to hit the target let alone score. Once Bamford missed the penalty the writing was on the wall for me.

White Riot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by White Riot » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Velotrax wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:24 pm
Makes you realise why MB hasn't won any thing major
Yep, there's a reason the "big" teams ain't knocking on his door - another glorious failure in the history of Leeds United. A genius who can't achieve the club's objective.

I said last season that MB and the players would demonstrate if they were up to the job, and they failed. We're now heading for a repeat. I don't see this side even making the play-offs, and probably would be a blessing in disguise.

Still, lets not dare criticize Radz, Kinnear, Orta, Bielsa and the players who've all been here for about a full 5 minutes. We're just the poor souls who've dedicated our life and passion to supoorting LUFC, for the past 50 years in my case :shhh:

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:16 pm

White Riot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by White Riot » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:24 pm

faaip wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:51 pm
This reminds me of the frustration we had under TC ..Bielsa needs to concede this ain't working and he cannot continue to tread water and hope we get lucky...
Funnily enough, Radz gave the reson for sacking TC as "He was told to rotate the squad around Xmas and he didn't do it" :duno:

Advertisment