The 3 Stooges

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

If we could get the money back for the 3 of them would you take it

Poll ended at Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:38 pm

yes
88%
no
13%

Total votes: 8

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

The 3 Stooges

Post by Cjay »

Are injured again/still

Adam Forshaw- Was only meant to be out for a short time, that's now 3 or 4 months ago.

Tyler Roberts played 9 minutes vs Birmingham, was left out of WBA "as a precaution", now Bielsa doesn't know when he will be back.

Barry Douglas-Had returned, now injured again, can never seen to put a run of games together.

Tyler Roberts has been injured for 14 games just this season alone, for a young kid to have such problems is very worrying and its very possible he will just be one of those players.

Barry Douglas has only missed 5 so far this season but has been a major disappointment and definitely not value for money.

Adam Forshaw started the season well but has now missed 20 games with no indication when or even if he will be back.

Between them they cost £10million atleast (with add ons possibly more) and have certainly not been value for money overall and especially Roberts and Forshaw have serious fitness concerns.

So, if we were able to sell the 3 for the money we spent would you take it?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The 3 Stooges

Post by 1964white »

That's like trying to sell a car when the big end has gone

Who in there right mind are going to offer us what we paid for them?

Their market value must have decreased significantly
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:51 pm That's like trying to sell a car when the big end has gone

Who in there right mind are going to offer us what we paid for them?

Their market value must have decreased significantly
Agree Leon I doubt we’d get the money back but if we could..... out if the three I’d keep Roberts when he plays he’s definitely quality and still young enough to deliver hopefully once he’s clear of injury
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No because you can't budget or plan for injury...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I would sell Douglas, he's not good enough when he does play imo.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Let's face it, we'd be lucky to get 5 million for all three. All are far too injury prone.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds go up to the premiership Forshaw, Roberts & Douglas will be looking for new clubs.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Roberts won't ..there's a lot of talent there
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Roberts has the most hope, never been totally convinced by him myself but he is clearly talented to some degree.

But he has been here nearly exactly 2 years and has missed almost 1 full season worth of games.

Think its 40, 41, 42.

He was also injured a lot before he arrived.

He wouldn't be the first talented youngster whose body cant cope with the stresses of Championship or Premier league football and ends up having to drop down the leagues.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

The what?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 pm Roberts won't ..there's a lot of talent there
Roberts may well be a talent however :

Never set the championship alight on a consistent basis.
One excellent performance plus a few decent displays.
Tyler's goals ratio was far better at League One level.
Injured when we signed him & injury prone ever since.

Hope I'm wrong but I'll be astounded if Roberts becomes a top premiership player.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Extremely disrespectful to call them stooges. I am sure none of them want to be injured.

Forshaw was playing well before his injury, whether the role suited him is open to debate but he was playing well, if he was able to add goals then he'd have been one of the first names on the team sheet.He was getting into the right positions so presumably was following Bielsa's instructions really well, not something every footballer can.

Douglas has certainly not got to the levels he did with Wolves but who knows if that is down to consistent niggling injuries and maybe he has been trying to play when not 100% right.

Roberts has shown great potential and if he can overcome his injury problems would likely be worth more than the money we paid to buy all 3 of these players.

How about for a change we get behind the manager and all the players instead of seeking to knock them at every opportunity. It is getting extremely tedious.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:35 am Extremely disrespectful to call them stooges. I am sure none of them want to be injured.

Forshaw was playing well before his injury, whether the role suited him is open to debate but he was playing well, if he was able to add goals then he'd have been one of the first names on the team sheet.He was getting into the right positions so presumably was following Bielsa's instructions really well, not something every footballer can.

Douglas has certainly not got to the levels he did with Wolves but who knows if that is down to consistent niggling injuries and maybe he has been trying to play when not 100% right.

Roberts has shown great potential and if he can overcome his injury problems would likely be worth more than the money we paid to buy all 3 of these players.

How about for a change we get behind the manager and all the players instead of seeking to knock them at every opportunity. It is getting extremely tedious.
Spot on, weasel. The bulk of the football threads on here seem to be nothing more than a pile in on players, manager and management, getting to the point where I'm going to concentrate on the music and horse racing threads. Tedious indeed
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:35 am How about for a change we get behind the manager and all the players instead of seeking to knock them at every opportunity. It is getting extremely tedious.
I'm up at at 3am, setting off from East Yorks to London at 4.15am

Don't know if you call that dedication getting behind the team :duno:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:53 am I'm up at at 3am, setting off from East Yorks to London at 4.15am

Don't know if you call that dedication getting behind the team :duno:
I'm dedicated to supporting the local library and get books out all the time - however I don't then open those books and s**t on them and then have a go at the library for not buying better books.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:01 pm I'm dedicated to supporting the local library and get books out all the time - however I don't then open those books and s**t on them and then have a go at the library for not buying better books.
I should think not :lol:

I do think we are becoming a bit precious

Have you all ditched Twitter & Facebook which are far worse places to be than here on MOT!
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:02 pm
Have you all ditched Twitter & Facebook which are far worse places to be than here on MOT!
Never had either of those :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:26 pm Never had either of those :mrgreen:
I know many are Hector.....both are like battlegrounds :(