Victor Orta and Andrea Radrizzani have just two weeks to save Leeds United’s season

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Victor Orta and Andrea Radrizzani have just two weeks to save Leeds United’s season

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Leeds United are entering a crucial period, not just in this season but in their history. The disappointing defeat to QPR on Saturday has only reinforced the feeling that Leeds United have two main issues; no quality in depth in the squad and a lack of criticalness in front of goal. Victor Orta and Andrea Radrizzani now have just two weeks to bring in the resources Marcelo Bielsa requires to save Leeds United’s season and to save their project. Failure to do so could be catastrophic with Marcelo Bielsa gone, loan players such as Ben White and Jack Harrison returning to their parent clubs and a £15 million bill for Helder Costa to be paid. Faced with the task of rebuilding both coaching and playing staff at the club crown jewels such as Kalvin Phillips may have to be sold to foot the bill.

The size of the playing squad at Leeds United has been an issue over the last 18 months, with just 16 first team regulars there is no much leeway for injuries and suspension, especially with Jack Clarke and Eddie Nketiah recalled from their loans due to lack of playing time. Leeds have got away with it for much of the season, Gaetano Berardi and Stuart Dallas have covered magnificently but there is only so far you can push the squad. Injuries to Pablo Hernandez and Tyler Roberts have dampened our creativity, but perhaps more concerning is the long-term absence to Adam Forshaw now combines with an impending three match ban for Kalvin Phillips.

Stuart Dallas has been brilliant at covering multiple positions this season but a defensive midfielder he is not and the Ben White experiment failed. So what are our options? Leeds have a pool of extremely talented young players but Bielsa has failed to turn to them on a regular basis so far this season. Jamie Shackleton, Robbie Gotts and Jordan Stevens have less than ten appearances between them this season. They have potential and talent, no doubt. But does Bielsa trust them enough to play a major part in the promotion battle or will he return to the favoured Berardi and Dallas? Square pegs in round holes, but Bielsa has his favourites.

Leeds United’s biggest issue though is their conversion rate, it’s been the same all season and it was the same old story on Saturday. As a team we have created the most chances, had the most shots, but have the worst conversation rate. Even when we get a free go from the penalty spot we struggle to score. Bamford leads our line, he has had more shots than any other player in the Championship, his conversion rate is just 12%. He has missed the most big chances of any of the strikers in the Championship. A team in our position should not have to rely on one striker, especially one who does not convert his chances. We need to bring in a proven goal scorer if we want to get promoted.

Names have been mentioned; Che Adams, Billy Sharp, Dwight Gayle, Jarrod Bowen, Andre Gray, the list goes on but no deals have been done. Victor Orta and Andrea Radrizzani now have just thirteen days to bring in the proven goal scorer Leeds United need to save their season.

Victor Orta, Andrea Radrizzani, Che Adams, Billy Sharp, Dwight Gayle, Jarrod Bowen, Andre Gray, Gaetano Berardi, Stuart Dallas, Jamie Shackleton, Robbie Gotts, Jordan Stevens, Kalvin Phillips
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 13 Days to Save Our Season?

Post by Cjay »

We are in trouble.

Know we arent meant to criticise MB but if this is the squad he wanted then he is deluded.

We have so many blindingly obvious problems and Paddy is just 1.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Difficult to do anything about it though if the players we want are not available. Watford will apparently let grey out but expect us to pay 2 mill and 80k per week which we could never do, we are not derby! Che is just a waste of time even bothering and Bowen is also a non starter. If we dont get any of the strikers bielsa wants then we will not sign one and rely on the crap we have. Hopefully the poveda deal will get done as he will rip championship defences to shreds.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:11 pm Difficult to do anything about it though if the players we want are not available. Watford will apparently let grey out but expect us to pay 2 mill and 80k per week which we could never do, we are not derby! Che is just a waste of time even bothering and Bowen is also a non starter. If we dont get any of the strikers bielsa wants then we will not sign one and rely on the crap we have. Hopefully the poveda deal will get done as he will rip championship defences to shreds.
And anyone who receives contact from Leeds knows they can turn the financial screws on us all they want now.

Leeds have painted themselves into a corner over these wasted loan players.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Poveda would be nice but he's a winger and would be coming with a lot less rep than Costa
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We need to spend £20m on this squad to secure automatic promotion.....

And that's not gonna happen!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:13 pm We need to spend £20m on this squad to secure automatic promotion.....

And that's not gonna happen!
Leed are so fur coat and no knickers I'm afraid.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Re: Victor Orta and Andrea Radrizzani have just two weeks to save Leeds United’s season

Post by 1964white »

Our travelling fans are unhappy with Radz & Orta, should have never got to this stage :(

Saiz, Vieira, Clarke & Nketiah not replaced

Two of our best players sold in the summer to accommodate two newbies rather than build on what we had.

Threadbare squad featuring probably the weakest most inexperienced bench in our history

If the current problems remain unresolved I can see our fans kicking off against the board & they deserve every bit of aggravation coming their way if they allow this circus to continue

Up to Radz & Orta to run LUFC like a professional club because right now we are a joke!
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Victor Orta and Andrea Radrizzani have just two weeks to save Leeds United’s season

Post by MightyWhites »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 pm Our travelling fans are unhappy with Radz & Orta, should have never got to this stage :(

Saiz, Vieira, Clarke & Nketiah not replaced

Two of our best players sold in the summer to accommodate two newbies rather than build on what we had.

Threadbare squad featuring probably the weakest most inexperienced bench in our history

If the current problems remain unresolved I can see our fans kicking off against the board & they deserve every bit of aggravation coming their way if they allow this circus to continue

Up to Radz & Orta to run LUFC like a professional club because right now we are a joke!

I was at the game and agree with all of that. I don't get this Radz love in, he's obviously better than the previous twats in his position, but that's not saying much. We are in a position to earn him a fortune and yet he still won't put his hand in his pocket to get us over the line. When I saw who was on the bench today I was thinking oh god, we should not be in this position considering where we are!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:26 pm I was at the game and agree with all of that. I don't get this Radz love in, he's obviously better than the previous twats in his position, but that's not saying much. We are in a position to earn him a fortune and yet he still won't put his hand in his pocket to get us over the line. When I saw who was on the bench today I was thinking oh god, we should not be in this position considering where we are!
For a club who are supposedly setting their sights on the premiership that bench was embarrassing today.

Radz wasn't even there today, apparently he hasn't been at the last few home games according to one of my pals who sits in front of the directors at ER

Seems like he really loves LUFC :roll:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:59 pm For a club who are supposedly setting their sights on the premiership that bench was embarrassing today.

Radz wasn't even there today, apparently he hasn't been at the last few home games according to one of my pals who sits in front of the directors at ER

radz was there.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 pm Leed are so fur coat and no knickers I'm afraid.
That sounds like one of my ex's
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:51 am That sounds like one of my ex's
:) :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:59 pm For a club who are supposedly setting their sights on the premiership that bench was embarrassing today.

Radz was definitely there today. Just more muckspreading from fans who have an agenda - you need to let your pal know as this sort of thing does not help the club.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

weasel wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:17 am Radz was definitely there today. Just more muckspreading from fans who have an agenda - you need to let your pal know as this sort of thing does not help the club.
Let’s hope he had his eyes wide open, and his wallet follows suit!