Bamford cannot start another game for LUFC

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Bamford cannot start another game for LUFC

Post by The Subhuman »

Has let us down more times than I can count this season, and today his abysmal effort lead to frustration form the players who all work hard to set up chance after to chance for him..which lead to Kalvin's frustration and red card

I reckon 100 plus chances for his 7 or 8 goals and I think that's generous. I don't give a s**t what the stats say they're just wrong

Get him dropped and playing where he deserves to play in 23's..or better still sell him to anyone
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Bamford cannot start another game for LUFC

Post by Baldbloke »

Thought I saw some finger wagging from Harrison and Alioski towards him. Could have been mistaken. I want to like him because he’s a Leeds player but he’s costing points. The penalty was dreadful his headers were dreadful. But MB won’t change it we all know that
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

He was very poor today, we need to sort out a striker or we are going nowhere
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Dietkebab
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Dietkebab »

Totally agree with the original post.

I’ve tried to bite my tongue with fans for months now but he’s just not good enough at this level nevermind a team with aspirations of promotion.

He wastes golden chances. He misses the target on half chances. He makes bad decisions when he could set others up and today is unforgivable and Orta needs to bring in two strikers and f**k him off.

Get Billy Sharp or evening Glen Murray in and I guarantee you all now they’ll beat his 10 goal tally by the end of the season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Baldbloke wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:38 pm Thought I saw some finger wagging from Harrison and Alioski towards him. Could have been mistaken. I want to like him because he’s a Leeds player but he’s costing points. The penalty was dreadful his headers were dreadful. But MB won’t change it we all know that
Harrison has done that before...I've lost count at the number of times I've seen him shoot a dirty look. I think Ian said he saw Klich give him a push during the game.

I think the players have lost faith too and that's not good because it affects decision making. Two spots that need trust from the rest of the team is GK and CF, if a keeper can't keep then the defence falls apart and if a striker can't do the basics then the wingers and midfielder lose trust and thy to do too much..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

For me if we don't sort this our by the end of the window we wont have a manager either.

Bamford is hurting this club. He isnt doing it on purpose but it matters not.

I actually wish that his barren spell had continued early in the season so as to bring this issue to a head.

Even if he started scoring again next week it is too late for me.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:03 pm I think Ian said he saw Klich give him a push during the game. I think the players have lost faith too and that's not good because it affects decision making.

Klich took the ball of him in the penalty area at one point today because he was faffing about with it too much.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Harrison and Alioski finger wagging that's rich from equal ineffective players. They were all poor other than Klich.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

What a depressing day to spend my first motforum anniversary..

Even so it is a great place with a great bunch people.

In comparison I had a quick look at waccoe and I think I shower afterwards :-D

Anyhow back on topic.

Yes Bamford is failing the team, KPs red card was a direct result of the frustration being felt because of a poor striker.

And yes he may be handy when we press the ball and try and stop some sides playing out from the back, but here is the news folks in most cases the opposition are allowing us all the ball we want. They give us possession. So the option of a ball winning CF is not always needed.

Open your eyes Bielsa can you not see that?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ive defended Paddy and i dont think he is the only problem.

Harrison missed 2 great chances today, Klich,Pablo, Costa etc just arent doing enough.

However, we need a striker, we need Che Adams or someone exactly like him.

And we need it now.

No squad fillers, we need players that improve the first 11
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

On the bright just think how many loan players from the premier league we can have next season once we sell Phillips.
That is posted tongue in cheek obviously
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

We had a decent striker at our disposal and MB refused to play him. He's as much to blame as bamford if not more !
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

don't want to be over critical but even his Quiff is starting to annoy me.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rrfierce wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:39 pm We had a decent striker at our disposal and MB refused to play him. He's as much to blame as bamford if not more !
Hes on the bench for his club today.

Hope he comes on and scores against the Blunts
'
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:11 pm Harrison and Alioski finger wagging that's rich from equal ineffective players. They were all poor other than Klich.
Harrison had a decent game I thought
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:15 pm Ive defended Paddy and i dont think he is the only problem.

Harrison missed 2 great chances today, Klich,Pablo, Costa etc just arent doing enough.

However, we need a striker, we need Che Adams or someone exactly like him.

And we need it now.

No squad fillers, we need players that improve the first 11
Adams is a 10 for me, but would still be better 9 than Paddy. If that's how narrow our remit is though it's not surprising we're having trouble..
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Let's try to be positive hard work gets you so far but it doesn't make up for real ability. Bielsa has squeezed the most out of what we have but the majority of our lads are limited hence the division they play in.
I think the way of playing would be fine in the prem but not with this lot. It's pretty patterns drilled in to players but no real vision or quality on the ball. Sorry but obviously my opinion
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:28 pm Let's try to be positive hard work gets you so far but it doesn't make up for real ability. Bielsa has squeezed the most out of what we have but the majority of our lads are limited hence the division they play in.
I think the way of playing would be fine in the prem but not with this lot. It's pretty patterns drilled in to players but no real vision or quality on the ball. Sorry but obviously my opinion
We create more chances per game than any other team so not buying the creativity thing. This is purely down to finishing
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

So do we play an imaginary alternative :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yes, I know you're a fan but our troubles are purely down to him...everyone else is playing well. In reality as a manager you try something else...Costa has played striker, Edmondson, Alio.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.