The Film and Television Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Film Thread

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:21 pm Finally for the 1st time ever I have watched.....

Easy Rider..

What a weird trippy film, so disjointed.. very good soundtrack though.....
There is a guy in Saskatoon has copies of both these bikes .... got to ride both a couple of times a few years ago with him was a trip man ... 8-)
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Classic scene from the Full Monty...In the dole queue... :roflmao:
And another ..."Her mix is all to c**k, to much acetyline is that them joints wont hold F*ck all"... :roflmao:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

If you like horror, or suspense, I recommend A Quiet Place, and A Quiet Place 2 :?

Brilliant movies, well directed by John Krasinski, who you'll know from the US version of The Office, as Jim.

Again, not for those of a nervous disposition :?
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Film on sky atm Promising young woman loved it
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:04 am If you like horror, or suspense, I recommend A Quiet Place, and A Quiet Place 2 :?

Brilliant movies, well directed by John Krasinski, who you'll know from the US version of The Office, as Jim.

Not a film I could watch again, not because it was poor, it was brilliant, but it scared me sh*tless.So I’ll pass on QP2,thanks
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:38 pm Not a film I could watch again, not because it was poor, it was brilliant, but it scared me sh*tless.So I’ll pass on QP2,thanks
Second one was better and even scarier OB, just quaff a few single malts and you'll be reet 8-)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:43 am Second one was better and even scarier OB, just quaff a few single malts and you'll be reet 8-)
Gulp, if you say so
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:04 am If you like horror, or suspense, I recommend A Quiet Place, and A Quiet Place 2 :?

Enjoyed watching A Quiet Place last night, nearly spilled red wine in my lap a few times :shock:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Azkalwhite wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:38 am Enjoyed watching A Quiet Place last night, nearly spilled red wine in my lap a few times :shock:
Yeah, plenty of good jolts in it, I think the second one is better than the first.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 am Lennox Lewis: the Untold Story(Released last November)

Having drifted away from heavyweight boxing for a long time now...watched the above film tonight, if you love or ever loved boxing definately worth a watch...It reminded me just how great a boxer he truly was, he had it all.
My fav boxing pic is Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe, his best film imho.
Hard Times with Charles Bronson is also on my fav list, bit dated but another classic.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

A Good Year would probably be my favourite Crowe..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:15 am A Good Year would probably be my favourite Crowe..
Don't think I've seen that one.

Of the ones I have seen my top 5 Crowe films would be :-
1. Cinderella Man
2. 3.10 to Yuma (I do like westerns)
3. A Beautiful Mind
4. Gladiator
5. Master & Commander - Far side of the World
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I can highly recommend GONE BABY GONE (Netflix) directed by Ben Affleck and starring his brother Casey, Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman. Set in Boston it follows the disturbing investigation of the abduction of a four year old little girl and from the very off I couldn’t get the case of Shannon Matthews out of my head.
The film is no-frills, dirty, gritty and likely to have your jaw dropping in disbelief at the reality of some of the the supporting characters. I’ve never been to Boston, but I’ve seen all of those characters in the worst council estates Leeds and Bradford has to offer. They aren’t pretty.
I’m not giving away the ending (obviously) but you’ll find yourself tearing your moral code book in half.
If I had one criticism of the film, some of the dialogue is difficulty (read nigh on impossible) to understand, but that doesn’t matter, the gist is horribly obvious.
I watched it late last night, and didn’t have a comfortable sleep.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:54 am I can highly recommend GONE BABY GONE (Netflix) directed by Ben Affleck and starring his brother Casey, Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman. Set in Boston it follows the disturbing investigation of the abduction of a four year old little girl and from the very off I couldn’t get the case of Shannon Matthews out of my head.
The film is no-frills, dirty, gritty and likely to have your jaw dropping in disbelief at the reality of some of the the supporting characters. I’ve never been to Boston, but I’ve seen all of those characters in the worst council estates Leeds and Bradford has to offer. They aren’t pretty.
I’m not giving away the ending (obviously) but you’ll find yourself tearing your moral code book in half.
If I had one criticism of the film, some of the dialogue is difficulty (read nigh on impossible) to understand, but that doesn’t matter, the gist is horribly obvious.
I watched it late last night, and didn’t have a comfortable sleep.
I watched this quite a few years ago OB and really enjoyed it, so will watch it again.

Similar to this, and quite harrowing is Prisoners.

Also Gone Girl is great and stars Ben Affleck.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteroseboy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:16 pm My fav boxing pic is Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe, his best film imho.
Hard Times with Charles Bronson is also on my fav list, bit dated but another classic.
Raging Bull is the greatest boxing movie for me.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteroseboy wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:05 am Don't think I've seen that one.

Of the ones I have seen my top 5 Crowe films would be :-
1. Cinderella Man
2. 3.10 to Yuma (I do like westerns)
3. A Beautiful Mind
4. Gladiator
5. Master & Commander - Far side of the World
WRB for the westerns, the remake of True Grit by the Coen Brothers was great, as was Hostiles.
hector

Post by hector »

what is WRB?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:43 amwhat is WRB?
White Rose Boy 😉
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:08 am White Rose Boy 😉
Now there would be a good film ;-)
hector

Post by hector »

White Riot wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:08 am White Rose Boy 😉