Leeds Utd v Millwall Match Thread - Poveda makes the bench for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Leeds Utd v Millwall Match Thread - Poveda makes the bench for Leeds

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds Utd v Millwall

Tuesday 28th January 2020 19.45pm | Elland Road

Millwall are the visitors to Elland Road on Tuesday evening as the Whites look to put their disappointing start to the year behind them. Leeds currently sit in second place in the Championship, one point below West Brom and three points above 3rd place Fulham who have played an extra game. Lions Manager Gary Rowett has worked miracles with limited resources as his team from Bermondsey have clawed their way up to 8th place, just eight points behind the Whites. No Championship side have earned more points than Millwall (29 from 15 games) since Gary Rowett's first match in charge at the end of October.

Bielsa will be without the services of Kalvin Phillips as he starts the first of a three match suspension for his red card he collected last weekend at Loftus Road. Ben White will deputise with Gaetano Berardi deputising at centre back along side skipper Liam Cooper. The Swiss hard man has a point to prove with Millwall having been wrongly accused of fouling Tom Bradshaw in the box when the teams met last October. Not only did Bradshaw step up to put the penalty away, but Berardi got his marching orders and Leeds were down to 10 men for the majority of the game.

There good news on the injury front for Leeds United with the long break allowing time for Tyler Roberts and Jamie Shackleton to recover from their injuries. They will both be available for selection against Millwall, though there is still no news on Adam Forshaw’s potential return. Winger Ian Poveda has been training with the squad all week and could be in line for a place on the subs bench. Jean-Kévin Augustin put pen to paper on his Leeds loan move on Monday but possiblt too late to feature on Tuesday night, though Leeds fans will be hopefull to at least get a brief look at their exciting new striker.

Leeds have won six of their past seven home league matches against Millwall, losing the other match 4-3 in January 2018. The home side has won nine of the past 11 league meetings between Leeds and Millwall. Defeat against Millwall would see Marcelo Bielsa lose four consecutive games in all competitions for the first time since April 2015 with Marseille. Since and including their 3-3 draw at home to Cardiff on 14th December, Leeds have earned six points from seven matches; only Luton (1) have picked up fewer points over this period.

Leeds Starting XI:
Casilla, Dallas, Ayling, Cooper, Alioski, White, Costa, Klich, Hernández, Harrison, Bamford

Subs: Meslier, Poveda-Ocampo, Roberts, Struijk, Shackleton, Stevens, Casey
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Millwall Match Thread

Post by Ratscoot »

Dislike this club and their supporters so hope we smash them every time we play them and next Tuesday especially to get us back on track
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Revenge for the injustices visited upon us in the last game must be top priority. This would be the ideal game to turn around our fortunes and get back to winning ways.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

wE NEED A CLEAN SHEET ROMORROW
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Should be a great atmosphere with the two new lads being introduced to the faithful.

Let's hope we hit the ground running with an early goal.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Have to take the wifey to St Louis for another round with the doctors, so I won't get to watch. Will read all your comments when I get home.

Very much hoping to get a glimpse of both Poveda and Augustin today, but not holding my breath, especially about Augustin.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Millwall are the most inform team in the league since Rowett took over end of October. Virtually 2 pts per game.
This will be tough tonight.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:49 pm Millwall are the most inform team in the league since Rowett took over end of October. Virtually 2 pts per game.
This will be tough tonight.

Thats true BG but if we really feel we have promotion credentials than 3 points is a must.

I hope they might be a bit fatigued after playing on Saturday in the Cup
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote: Thats true BG but if we really feel we have promotion credentials than 3 points is a must.

I hope they might be a bit fatigued after playing on Saturday in the Cup
Yes very true. We've had our bad spell now it's time to start dishing out a few lessons beginning with this lot !

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Don't like Rowett as a manager. Very negative, and relying almost entirely on counter attacks. We will need to score early on to draw them out.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Tough one tonight.. 🤔
Not sure about White in midfield either and leaves us with one genuine cb !!
And to make matters worse ,,,
I work away all week, so leant my ST to a mate for tonights game... and guess what, early finish and home for 2.00 this afternoon.. 😰😰
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Berardi is a genuine centre back.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Casilla, Ayling, White, Cooper, Ali, Dallas, Klich, Harrison, Pablo, Costa, Paddy.

IAN ON THE BENCH
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not a clue who goes where.

Ayling cb? (Oh dear).
Presumably its Dallas rb Ali lb Ayling Cb.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:50 pm Casilla, Ayling, White, Cooper, Ali, Dallas, Klich, Harrison, Pablo, Costa, Paddy.

IAN ON THE BENCH
Be a miracle if we keep a clean sheet with that lineup.
'
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

------------------Kiko--------------

Dallas Berra Ayling Coop Ali

---------------White-----------------

Costa. Pablo. Klich. Harrison

---------------Barndoor----------

I think.
'
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Or 3-3-3-1

It really matters not.
'
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:55 pm ------------------Kiko--------------

Dallas Berra Ayling Coop Ali

---------------White-----------------

Costa. Pablo. Klich. Harrison

---------------Barndoor----------

I think.
I'm sure the extra player will help :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Berra nowhere to be seen if I'm reading the team right

Casilla

Ayling - White - Coop - Alio

Dallas

Costa - Klich - Harrsion

Hernandez

Bamford

???
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"