Forest, Boro & Hull aways

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Forest, Boro & Hull aways

Post by 1964white »

All three on Sky TV during February
1964white

Re: Forest, Boro & Hull aways

Post by 1964white »

8 games in 33 days from the Millwall game
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm thinking of ditching SKY in the summer. I don't like watching us on TV anyway and I'm sick and tired of our games being switched around! I like 3.00pm on a Saturday!!!
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 pm 8 games in 33 days from the Millwall game
If we’re still 2nd or top after that then I’ll start to believe fate is on our side.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Think that spell will determine if we have a serious championship promoting side or not.

But returning to one of my favourite themes.

How will we get through all those games with such a small group?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:37 pm Think that spell will determine if we have a serious championship promoting side or not.

But returning to one of my favourite themes.

How will we get through all those games with such a small group?
With Kalvin suspended for our next three games & the current injury crisis I make it we are operating on 13 first-team players which is a ridiculous situation.

It feels like we've gone back to the 60's/70's with the first XI plus one substitute
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:34 pm If we’re still 2nd or top after that then I’ll start to believe fate is on our side.
We'll need some luck bearing in mind the squad availability right now Rich
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:44 pm With Kalvin suspended for our next three games & the current injury crisis I make it we are operating on 13 first-team players which is a ridiculous situation.

It feels like we've gone back to the 60's/70's with the first XI plus one substitute
My next game is Huddersfield which comes at the end of that run. ( though if sky move it back to 5:30 my schedule becomes very very tight,

But I envisage the lineup having half the U23s by that point.

Have we ever been in such a crazy place? We havent even replaced the two we lost in the window never mind strengthen the squad.

And ironically we can find £20m for a striker but dont seem too I interested in spending money elsewhere on the team, apart from two kids who we probably picked up for buttons.

Btw apparently we have made a 4th offer for Acams now, which the Southampton board will discuss at the weekend.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote:
My next game is Huddersfield which comes at the end of that run. ( though if sky move it back to 5:30 my schedule becomes very very tight,

Have we ever been in such a crazy place? We havent even replaced the two we lost in the window never mind strengthen the squad.

And ironically we can find £20m for a striker but dont seem too I interested in spending money elsewhere on the team, apart from two kids who we probably picked up for buttons.

Btw apparently we have made a 4th offer for Acams now, which the Southampton board will discuss at the weekend.
They'll hold us to ransom in the end. Surely the 20 mil would have been enough as it gives them good profit for someone who hardly features. Leeds need to be careful as they might do something they'll regret later.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:57 pm My next game is Huddersfield which comes at the end of that run. ( though if sky move it back to 5:30 my schedule becomes very very tight,

And some fans don't think our squad is fragile & vulnerable right now!