Jean-Kévin Augustin-Appealing wage compensation

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Jean-Kévin Augustin. .Loan deal ended, permanent deal in limbo.

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:52 pm JKA has a choice in the matter as reported at the time. It's not a straightforward get promoted and we have to buy arrangement. JKA has to want to come
That's just speculation unless the contract becomes available in public and we can see exactly what's in it. At the end of the day it's the legalise which will decide the outcome, and contract law is complicated. It depends which jurisdiction it comes under too - British or German law ? Also whether us no longer being subject to EU law from 1st Jan has any bearing on the matter.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:12 pm You would hope he would say no.

But all sorts of people probably stand to benefit from this deal, agents, intermediaries, JKA himself probably has a nice signing on fee to.

Money motivates people to do the unexpected, JKA has no future at Leipzig why not come here and make a few quid for himself and his advisors?

Can't see a way to get out of this without some form of penalty running into many millions myself.
I think he stays with us if he intended to play for us ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think this is just Leeds fans seeing issues where there are none again .
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:41 pm I think this is just Leeds fans seeing issues where there are none again .
A contract's a contract - there is such a thing as breach of contract. I very much doubt that RB Leipzig will take the view ' oh well, it didn't work out for JKA or for LUFC so let's just forget that we ever signed a contract. ' It all comes down to which clauses were included in the contract, and whether clauses were included to give the club a way of getting out of the contract if things didn't work out. Leipzig seem to have taken the view that there are no such clauses. Anyway, we will find out before too long.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Then why isn't he he ready to play or getting fit with us. He's actually left the club, One would assume if it were an enforceable contract for all parties then he's a Leeds player the second the loan is up and he'd still be with us..Where is he now?
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

We the Fans should & need to understand that the modern day professional footballer is quite probably a businessman, or darn close.
These fellas have big time agent/ partnership wrangling day and night.
Oh and the thing called Ego goes cap in hand if you get my drift... contracts and clauses are the Norm! regrettably clubs can and do get shafted.
Dont know 'owt about JKA but you get a nasty whiff of something..!
Players nowadays have no particular Love or connection with Real Live Everyday Supporters.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:00 pm Then why isn't he he ready to play or getting fit with us. He's actually left the club, One would assume if it were an enforceable contract for all parties then he's a Leeds player the second the loan is up and he'd still be with us..Where is he now?
Bielsa has washed his hands of him according to Phil and Graham.

He doesnt want him so we sent him back to Leipzig once his official loan deal ended.

Maybe JKA has a veto, if he doesnt then we have a potentially very expensive problem.

A club record signing the manager doesnt want.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

I don’t know where I saw it but Phil hay said somewhere that sources close to JKA says he doesn’t want to come back. My understanding when we made the deal was that he would have to agree to it too. We won’t see him again, now who can we bring in for that 20 million and 90k wage
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

dezzy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:43 pm I don’t know where I saw it but Phil hay said somewhere that sources close to JKA says he doesn’t want to come back. My understanding when we made the deal was that he would have to agree to it too. We won’t see him again, now who can we bring in for that 20 million and 90k wage
Me - heck forget the transfer fee just give me 90k per week.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

You wouldn't mind coming in for that weasel..Its just that we 'd like a shifty !
Just so sure worth it mate .you understand.?
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:40 pm 15 pages on a player who has played five minutes for us :roll:
You crack me up mate :lol:
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:37 pm You crack me up mate :lol:
16 now

This could go on forever, he's not exactly Yeboah is he ??
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

paddy parrott wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:20 pm We the Fans should & need to understand that the modern day professional footballer is quite probably a businessman, or darn close.
These fellas have big time agent/ partnership wrangling day and night.
Oh and the thing called Ego goes cap in hand if you get my drift... contracts and clauses are the Norm! regrettably clubs can and do get shafted.
Dont know 'owt about JKA but you get a nasty whiff of something..!
Players nowadays have no particular Love or connection with Real Live Everyday Supporters.
People keep talking about terms with the player, however Leeds also signed a contract with RB Leipzig to purchase the player. So there are possibly two contracts if terms were agreed with JKA and a contract signed with him, as well as with RB Leipzig to make the purchase. Leipzig seem to think that the contract was watertight, meaning that there were no clauses to allow Leeds to get out of it due to injury, the player not wanting to make the move etc.

It seems the latest is that Leeds may have to pay a ' multi million ' penalty fee if the club reneges on the contract ie is in breach of contract. So 48 mins on the pitch may yet cost the club 7 or 8 million without us even buying him...Even Peter Risdale didn't manage to pull off deals like this one...
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

Bielsa must have wanted him at some point or he wouldnt have been signed.

I think it's a similar situation to Pontus, in that he had a falling out or saw something in JKA that he thought would be disruptive to the other players. Makes you wonder if he was injured at all 🙄
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:40 pm 16 now

Its concern.

Arent you concerned?

One potential compromise ive seen is if we agreed to pay Leipzig the remainder of his contract there.

Cheaper then the obligation but its still a shade under £9mil.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

JKA is last year's Dan James. Albeit a much more expensive c**k up .

Orta should be f**king sacked
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

1964white wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:40 pm 16 now

That's one we will never know 64 :duno:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

rrfierce wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:43 pm JKA is last year's Dan James. Albeit a much more expensive c**k up .

Orta should be f**king sacked
Totally agree.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've seen that tree before
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:31 pm Its concern.

Arent you concerned?

One potential compromise ive seen is if we agreed to pay Leipzig the remainder of his contract there.

Cheaper then the obligation but its still a shade under £9mil.
You know my feelings on our transfer dealings Cjay, I dread the summer/January windows as we generally screw up on a regular basis