The good, bad & the ugly from the Wigan game

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

The good, bad & the ugly from the Wigan game

Post by 1964white »

Good

Under adversity our players upped their game to a different level.....what a comeback!

Bad

Our defending in those first ten minutes
hector

Re: The good & bad things from last night's game

Post by hector »

Also bad,,, Barndoor scored 2 so his place is secure until the end of the season ........................
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:11 am Also bad,,, Barndoor scored 2 so his place is secure until the end of the season ........................
It does beg the question whether Bielsa will change a winning team.....
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:21 am It does beg the question whether Bielsa will change a winning team.....
The answer is no.
But I expect both IP and JKA will get on at some point.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

If he scores goals, why shouldn't he be selected.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Bad Angry fans throwing coins, cigarette lighters at Millwall players leading to the inevitable sanctions from EFL.

If you cant behave yourselves.

STAY AT HOME.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Bad = shambolic defending and the most inept refereeing I have seen for many a year

Good = Never say die spirit and Pablo back to he's mercurial best.

Roll on Saturday v Wigan, haven't got a clue to what to expect when I take my seat again in the South Stand but don't suppose Bielsa has either these days LOL
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:33 am Bad Angry fans throwing coins, cigarette lighters at Millwall players leading to the inevitable sanctions from EFL.

If you cant behave yourselves.

STAY AT HOME.
Really is idiotic. Not only does it reflect poorly on the club but it wasted time, when we were 2-0 down, and also enabled Millwall players to get a breather. We really do have a few brain dead fans.

The numpties calling for Bielsa's head showed what morons they are. As Bielsa explained afterwards we did the same things in the first half as the second half the only difference was we put the ball in the net. Same as over the last few games the performances have been good but we have failed to put the ball in the net. Bielsa doesn't need plan B he just needs us to be more effective with Plan A -that showed in the second half and we really should have scored 2 or 3 more.

Anyone know where this lighter can be returned to :love:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

weasel wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:59 am Really is idiotic. Not only does it reflect poorly on the club but it wasted time, when we were 2-0 down, and also enabled Millwall players to get a breather. We really do have a few brain dead fans.

The numpties calling for Bielsa's head showed what morons they are. As Bielsa explained afterwards we did the same things in the first half as the second half the only difference was we put the ball in the net. Same as over the last few games the performances have been good but we have failed to put the ball in the net. Bielsa doesn't need plan B he just needs us to be more effective with Plan A -that showed in the second half and we really should have scored 2 or 3 more.

Anyone know where this lighter can be returned to :love:
I couldn't agree more. Especially the stupidity of calling for Bielsa's head - are you talking in general, or were there calls during the match last night?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

The Good
The team spirit that got us over the line

The Bad
The referee too many “mistakes” a news reporter the morning of the game had done a piece on how bad this referee is, guessing he won’t be doing any prem games for a while

The Ugly
The small minority, small minded w**kers who disgraced our club by throwing things at players - I genuinely dislike Scumwall as a club and I dislike Dwight Gayle as well but I’d never do what these so called fans did
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Good - could be a pivotal result, and proves that we're not 'falling apart'. Also Jean-K and Ian P-C getting into the spirit of things.

Bad - we're not going to cruise every match, so we just have to live with what that does to our nerves.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:15 am The Good
The team spirit that got us over the line

The Bad
The referee too many “mistakes” a news reporter the morning of the game had done a piece on how bad this referee is, guessing he won’t be doing any prem games for a while

The Ugly
The small minority, small minded w**kers who disgraced our club by throwing things at players - I genuinely dislike Scumwall as a club and I dislike Dwight Gayle as well but I’d never do what these so called fans did
The good, the bad and the ugly...I reckon that'd make a great movie title.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Good
Bamford bagging a couple
Harrison and Costa showing us what they can do in the second half
Klich superb all game
Not giving up

Bad
The first 5 minutes, we were awful
The officiating was woeful yet again
Idiots throwing stuff at players
Admissions to the cardiac department at LGI
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:03 am I couldn't agree more. Especially the stupidity of calling for Bielsa's head - are you talking in general, or were there calls during the match last night?
Didn't hear any calls for Bielsa's head in the ground Harry

More online with Facebook/Twitter the main culprits I suspect

Anyone calling for Marcelo to be sacked must be a complete lunatic :x
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:08 am Didn't hear any calls for Bielsa's head in the ground Harry

More online with Facebook/Twitter the main culprits I suspect

Anyone calling for Marcelo to be sacked must be a complete lunatic :x
Thanks Leon

Good to hear the fans at the ground showed some sense.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good

Hernandez & Klich back to their best

Bad

Klich miss from six yards.....4-2 & we'd all have a comfortable ride in the final quarter of the game

Ugly

Objects & coins thrown on the pitch
South Stand fans keeping hold of the ball in the last few minutes.....idiots
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 am Thanks Leon

Good to hear the fans at the ground showed some sense.
Well some lost their heads throwing plastic bottles/coins onto the pitch
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:35 am Well some lost their heads throwing plastic bottles/coins onto the pitch
Yeah, unfortunately we do have such idiots following our team.
rab_rant

Re: The good, bad & the ugly from last night's game

Post by rab_rant »

The good: Bamford scoring 2 goals.

The Bad: Bamford missing chances.

The ugly: Bamford's Grobbelaar dance

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Good (second half):

- Bamford stepping up and showing his mettle. Big performance from a player who needed one. His dancing about in front of their keeper towards the end had me in stitches. Seems to me that JK's arrival alone might be the fire under his arse to push him every game, not just every other game.
- Pablo getting back into his groove, taking on defenders and playing with his trademark pinache once more.
- Both Costa and Harrison running their defenders into the ground right till the end, must have been an absolute nightmare to defend against in the second half.
- Alioski and Ayling, despite each being responsible for our concessions in the first half, turning from hunted in hunters in the second 45. Ali in particular was just an ever-present menace, like a pitbull who just wouldn't release his iron-jawed grip on that Millwall back line.
- Klich. Oh, had you scored that golden chance you would be out of sight in the MOTM race. The only player whom you could say had a good game in both halves, simply imperious.
- Ben White at DM. Honestly, I forgot he was even there and I mean that in the best possible way. Did his job well, the goals we conceded had nothing to do with him (or our Pontus-less CBs) and I feel completely safe with him in Kalvin's position until our reckless hero's return.

Bad (first half):

- I'm no conspiracy theorist but there's only so much you can witness before you start asking questions and even the most hard boiled skeptic is starting to wonder how blind (or, whisper it, corrupt) these officials are.
- Braindead defending from our FBs in the first twenty minutes coupled with a lack of nerve all round. Thankfully class outshone bullying as the game went on but hopefully those responsible for conceding will count their lucky stars and switch on in future.
- Moronic chav thugs in the crowd throwing what's left of their drug money at scumbags. Just ugly all round.
- 'Bielsa Out'. Appallingly weak constitution from a thankfully small minority of so-called fans. To criticise is one thing but to resort to that is just plain bonkers. At least the players showed they're made of sterner stuff.