Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Big Kev on the bench!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by dezzy »

rrfierce wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:48 pm I honestly think that forest will do a job on us. like 3-1 or something. Might start betting on teams to beat leeds then at least it will soften the blow if we lose.

Might lay a bet on us not going up too.

Pessimistic i know!
Wow
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

We’ll dominate possession, we will have plenty of chances the question is will anyone put the ball in the net? Can kiko make some saves? We’re so close to being unstoppable
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
R0lferoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by R0lferoo »

Can't see anything than a heavy defeat,I'm afraid...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If I were a forest fan I'd know we're in for a battering but the hope lies in a break away goal or two. Again we NEED the win
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

You know, for all that I will defend Bielsa's methods until the very moment they become indefensible, I don't always agree with him either.

My personal hope but would be to see Roberts or Shack start while Dallas replaces Alioski at LB. He's much better defensively, Ali is a fantastic impact sub, the attacking midfield would get it's creativity back and having, when the time comes, any combo of Pablo, Roberts, Poveda, Shack, Alioski, Harrison, Kev or Bamford at any given time on the bench will be fantastic to have in any given situation.

But I am completely used by now to Bielsa doing exactly the opposite of what I think is right. And to be honest, if I was always right I'd be the best manager in the world.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

JOE ON BIELSA AND JKA
Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
Scott marshall
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Scott marshall »

Where will I find fellow Leeds fans for a pre-match drink in Notts?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scott marshall wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:51 am Where will I find fellow Leeds fans for a pre-match drink in Notts?
Don't know Scott :duno:

Our coach is not stopping off anywhere today, we generally have a pub-stop about 30 to 45 minutes away from the grounds.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Forest will surrender possession and try and hit us on the break.

For me this was the game that started the slide last season. KP getting red carded, Spygate came on its heels, the James fiasco.

So it would be nice if this was the game where it all started to come together again. The new signings are in, KP will be back soon, Bielsa is rallying the troops. A few are back from injury.

Time for a good away day.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Hope you're right, Ian.

The Canal House, near the railway station, is away fan friendly. Good beers, and 15 minute walk to the ground from there.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

We all know Bamford will get chances. It really just boils down to whether or not he will finish them.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Doire_Boi wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:48 am We all know Bamford will get chances. It really just boils down to whether or not he will finish them.
Millwall he did, Wigan he didn't but I'm more concerned with not conceding. The longer we go without conceding, the more the other team come out to nab one and that plays into our hands. A clean sheet, any clean sheet, will give us some of our swagger back I'm sure of it.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:09 pm Millwall he did, Wigan he didn't but I'm more concerned with not conceding. The longer we go without conceding, the more the other team come out to nab one and that plays into our hands. A clean sheet, any clean sheet, will give us some of our swagger back I'm sure of it.
Agreed.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm actually less concerned with the defence...Wigan scored, so what. Any team can score against any other team at any time. They could be 12 divisions apart. The defence didn't fail against Wigan.

I'm happy for the most part with the defence.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:21 pm I'm actually less concerned with the defence...Wigan scored, so what. Any team can score against any other team at any time. They could be 12 divisions apart. The defence didn't fail against Wigan.

I'm happy for the most part with the defence.
It wasn't so much the goal itself but the initiative it handed Wigan. They were likely to park the bus if the goal hadn't come but as the end neared they could've fancied a pop at us and left themselves exposed. There's also the fact that if we hadn't conceded but still hadn't scored, we'd have gotten a point from the game at least. Wigan played with more confidence because they knew that they at least had the one goal buffer to come away with a point even if we scored, they didn't need to win as badly as we did and a draw would've been a much more favourable result for them than for us.

When I say we need to stop conceding I'm not calling the defence bad. Most of the goals we ship are scrappy, flukey, goals that should have been disallowed or from penalties that shouldn't have been. I'm as much appealing to the gods of chance in that respect more than our defenders. A clean sheet at this stage would do wonders for everyone's confidence.

Kiko is another matter and I've made my misgivings over him clear, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong so let's hope he has a good game.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Team news shortly.. JKA is in the squad.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

No changes to team, bench has JKA, and Roberts as clear options say..MOT.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YAAAAAY MB :) :) :) :) :)

Shame Ian wont be unleashed but really pleased Kev is on the bench.

Maybe Kev really impressed MB with murderball on Thursday? :) :) :) :) :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:50 pm YAAAAAY MB :) :) :) :) :)

Shame Ian wont be unleashed but really pleased Kev is on the bench.

Maybe Kev really impressed MB with murderball on Thursday? :) :) :) :) :)
Always a possibility. We all know Bielsa's the last sort to bow to outside pressure so we can only assume JKA is fit and ready to do some damage, or at least enough to push him further towards a start.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

So where is IP ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk