Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread

Post by leedsmad »

Unbelievable to think of the position we are in....
we don't win the next 2 at Home could be the end and potentially out of the Play Offs, mathematically not the end obviously but psychologically i think . Our players are Mentally weak IMO.

Bielsa's stubbornness to change and make changes when things are clearly not working will be our undoing and lack of investment and persisting with a small youngish squad . At worst 6 weeks ago i was thinking oh well Play offs at worst, now that is going to be a dog fight for that .
Hoping for some dramatic change in form and finally going up.

Then again what do i know
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Time and circumstances will ultimately resolve the Kiko debate and it will be the decision of the FA that decides his fate, and if he is banned Marcello will have to come up with another goalkeeper solution.

If he is banned it may change our season for the better, but since the young French goalkeeper is unproven in the championship it may turn out to be worse.

Be careful what you wish for you might get it and ultimately you might not like it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

leedsmad wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:15 am Our players are Mentally weak IMO.
I don't believe that for one minute. We are on a bad run, feeling like everything is going against us, missing chances, conceding soft goals, bad refereeing decisions etc and then we go behind to Brentford with the softest of all goals having been on top and we should have been in front. A mentally weak team would have crumbled then but we didn't. We continued to do the same things we have done all season, play the same way and deservedly equalised and were the better team. This against the form team, the team with confidence, the flat track bully that had been gifted a goal. Luton gifted Brentford a goal and then lost 7-0 - that was a mentally weak performance, their heads went down.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:25 pm Problem i have now is Brentford wasnt a goalkeeping error, it was a total loss of concentration and symptomatic of a player under immense pressure and with his mind occupied. Brentford was different to anything before it and that for me was a turning point.
Those sort of mistakes can happen at any time and I don't think it was anything to do with immense pressure etc. More likely he glanced up and saw the Brentford player closing in and in that split second he took his eye of the ball. He was probably going to let the ball run across him before playing it and in that split second after seeing the Brentford player decided to control it instead but his foot wasn't in the right position. Same as anywhere else on the pitch when you are about to receive the pass and you see someone closing in on you it is very easy to mis-control the ball as you are having to hurry and don't have time to take that extra touch.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

It is easy to point to one incident and mitigate for why it happened.

But it is the volume of errors, not just the ones that get punished either, that tell me that the current keeper needs a sabbatical.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:19 am It is easy to point to one incident and mitigate for why it happened.

But it is the volume of errors, not just the ones that get punished either, that tell me that the current keeper needs a sabbatical.
He does indeed, he's become a liability and one we can't continue to carry.

I feel if we had invested in a proper striker from day dot, we really wouldn't be in this predicament.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just looked at weather forecast for Leeds tomorrow.

Heavy rain and wind.

Windy when we got mullered by Weds and Wigan iirc...

1 Will we see a game being played.
2. Could we adapt to the conditions?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:55 am I feel if we had invested in a proper striker from day dot, we really wouldn't be in this predicament.
My sentiments entirely

Essential signing required last summer.....it's called speculating to gain.

When will we ever get a transfer window right?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 pm Just looked at weather forecast for Leeds tomorrow.

Heavy rain and wind.

Thermals, various Leeds tops & scarf plus woolly hat, parka & boots on for me then.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

With Nakhi Wells guaranteed to get his usual goal we are 1-0 down before we start :lol:

Big game and a great chance for us to get some momentum back after a good point vs Brentford.

Forest or WBA will drop points as they play each other.
Brentford have to go to Birmingham, Birmingham are the 3rd best side over the last 6 games so wont be easy.
And of course Bristol City

Atleast 2 promotion rivals will drop points, Brentford easily could to so imo this is a great chance to beat a side we have a really good record with recently.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Got absolute faith in them to do well. But then I have been saying this since we got roped back in by Cardiff.

Fingers crossed for a positive result and definitely saw the green shoots of recovery at Brentford.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure why we'd need green shoots ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 pm Not sure why we'd need green shoots ..
Might be more accurate than Bamford...
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 pm Just looked at weather forecast for Leeds tomorrow.

Heavy rain and wind.

Ummmm, I’m travelling up from Essex tomorrow so I’d better bring my Speedo’s just in case 😳
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Safe journey Denman & Cat
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Three points essential today

We need to to go on a consecutive run of victories :scarfe2:
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

It would be great if we get all3 points this afternoon.
Games especially these ones at Elland Road need let's just say ..Just a Touch of Marcelo's Swashbuckling style! Bring it on....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

That's me done on here until after the game, will no doubt be reading your match summaries on the way home.

Lets hope Kalvin rules supreme again :love: & the rest of the lads of course
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I'm dreading today.

Playoffs at best if we cant get a performance from them today.
'
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Looking forward to this one. Time has come to right the ship. We are way overdue to utterly destroy a team and today it's going to happen. The offensive floodgates will open, it will be epiphany, ecstasy, and rapture all rolled into one.

C'mon boys.