Caroline Flack-RIP

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Caroline Flack-RIP

Post by Cjay »

40 year old presenter commited suicide :(

Been criticised a lot about the incident with her boyfriend.

Very sad.

Liked Flackers, never watched love island but she was on Celeb Juice a lot.

Such a shame.

Certain people have had their claws out for Caroline since the Harry Styles stuff years ago imo.

Finally got the chance to dig them in last year and this is what happens.

Hope they are proud
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Caroline Flack

Post by Ratscoot »

Absolute shame so sad when someone takes their own lives RIP
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

And the gutter press claim another victim. RIP very sad news.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Sad news. Didn't know much about her, knew she'd been on Strictly and a presenter on Love Island. Also through the news knew she'd battered her partner and was up in court and forbidden from contacting him. If she was a male having done the same wonder if everyone would be so forgiving?? I speak as a mum having just rescued my son from an abusive relationship.... it happens both ways!! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Sad news.

No idea who she is was, I saw the newsfeed on my tablet earlier when the story broke.
I try to avoid the whole celebrity merry go round. There is a mental health crisis and it is affecting every section of society.

Awful.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:20 pm Sad news. Didn't know much about her, knew she'd been on Strictly and a presenter on Love Island. Also through the news knew she'd battered her partner and was up in court and forbidden from contacting him. If she was a male having done the same wonder if everyone would be so forgiving?? I speak as a mum having just rescued my son from an abusive relationship.... it happens both ways!! :bear:
Glad your son got out and it does happen both ways as you say.

I dont know much about the thing with her and her boyfriend, was it domestic abuse or was it a domestic argument that got totally out of hand? No idea, she wasnt on programs i watched a lot so didnt really follow.

Just saw her on a few things i did and she seemed a lovely lady.

She has had a really hard time from the press, not just recently but over Harry Styles and her other relationship issues. She was even attacked over Love Island because she was the face of it and for some reason the press seemed to take a real disliking to her.

Only yesterday the Sun published something nasty about her apparently and have taken it down now.

The Press need to realise celebs are just people to (as do us football fans tbh also).
Signed

King Cjay

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:48 pm Glad your son got out and it does happen both ways as you say.

I dont know much about the thing with her and her boyfriend, was it domestic abuse or was it a domestic argument that got totally out of hand? No idea, she wasnt on programs i watched a lot so didnt really follow.

She has had a really hard time from the press, not just recently but over Harry Styles and her other relationship issues. She was even attacked over Love Island because she was the face of it and for some reason the press seemed to take a real disliking to her.

Only yesterday the Sun published something nasty about her apparently and have taken it down now.

The Press need to realise celebs are just people to (as do us football fans tbh also).
Don't know. All I know is from the press which said she had attacked partner with a lamp, blood splattered everywhere!! He apparently had pressed charges... I do sympathise if it was just a spat that got out of hand... ie don't involve the police... this seemed to be more as it has gone to court. :bear:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:48 pm Glad your son got out and it does happen both ways as you say.

Don't know. All I know is from the press which said she had attacked partner with a lamp, blood splattered everywhere!! He apparently had pressed charges... I do sympathise if it was just a spat that got out of hand... ie don't involve the police... this seemed to be more as it has gone to court. :bear:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

sad news.

tragic waste to another young life.

R.I.P.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I don't know much about her but from what I read she found some incriminating text messages on her boyfriend's phone and a row got out of hand and she hit him over the head with a lamp.
The gutter press had a field day along with the internet trolls and she obviously couldn't take it any more.
I hope they're all so proud of themselves.
Scumbags.
RIP Caroline
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

RIP. It’s a sad world we live in.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm I don't know much about her but from what I read she found some incriminating text messages on her boyfriend's phone and a row got out of hand and she hit him over the head with a lamp.
The gutter press had a field day along with the internet trolls and she obviously couldn't take it any more.
I hope they're all so proud of themselves.
Scumbags.
RIP Caroline
Same as me. BUT if it was your son that she hit over the head with a lamp would you be RIP etc?? Always two sides of a story :bear:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Excuse my ignorance I was unaware of Caroline

Still very sad news, far too young to die

RIP Caroline
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:59 pm Same as me. BUT if it was your son that she hit over the head with a lamp would you be RIP etc?? Always two sides of a story :bear:
Allegedly hit him over the head.
She denied it.
But the gutter press had already convicted her.
Very sad.
I don't claim to know the full story.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:26 pm Don't know. All I know is from the press which said she had attacked partner with a lamp, blood splattered everywhere!! He apparently had pressed charges... I do sympathise if it was just a spat that got out of hand... ie don't involve the police... this seemed to be more as it has gone to court. :bear:
I really dont know.

Her boyfriend defended her, claimed he wasnt the victim and it was just a domestic that got out of hand and she had bruises to.

The CPS imposed strict bail conditions on her banning her from contacting him at all over Christmas, New Year, Valentines Day etc but the boyfriend broke those including posting a nice picture of them together yesterday online (taken somother time).

It seems to me that this was just a domestic that got out of hand and because of who she was the cps took a very heavy handed approach with someone who has in the past talked about her own mental health struggles many times.

A trial by media occured and this is the result.
Signed

King Cjay

Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Caroline Flack-RIP

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Unfortunately social media dictates you take all the good stuff but your going to get mullered when it goes tits up. World we currently live in. Sad when anyone tops themselves whatever the circumstances.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not sure violence in any relationship is worthy of a "just"...In most cases of domestic violence the victim often justifies the perpetrators actions. Don't make it acceptable
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Sad. Such a waste.

I can’t think of anything worse than being in the public eye. You’re just one step away from becoming fodder for the press and the trolls.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Very sad news and a waste of a life. I never watched any of the bubble gum TV she was involved in but ITV should hang their head in shame, they were quick to dump her yet they stuck by the prick Any McPartlin. Our press is absolute gutter too, they'll all be showing her love now she is dead