The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 17th February) - Leeds get back to winning ways in style

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 17th February) - Leeds get back to winning ways in style

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Monday 17th February, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds get back to winning ways in style

Leeds delivered a battering on Bristol City that Storm Dennis would have been proud of as the Whites not only got back to winning ways at Elland Road, but the rest of the chasing pack lost distance. The solitary goal came on 16 minutes from an unusual source. Pinball had erupted around the Robins goal mouth with the ball being belted all around the 18 yard box. Klich passed the ball to Ayling (who had started the attack) with his back to goal. The right book took a touch, turned and found the corner of the net.

What seemed to be a nine man defensive unit held fast for the remaining 75 minutes with the help of the wood work as Bielsa's men continued to pummel Lee Johnson's team ito submission. To make matters better leaders West Brom drew with 5th place Huddersfield (the best result we could have hoped for), Fulham were thrashed at home by relegation threatened Barnsley, Preston were beaten at home by a late Millwall goal and high flying Brentford were held to a 1-1 draw at St Andrews.

In Layman's terms Leeds have created a three point cushion between themselves in second place and Fulham is 3rd, and a gop of 4 points at the top of the summit between West Brom and the Whites.

Bielsa's Post Match Press Conference

Has there been a falling out between Bielsa and Augustin

We have seen three cameo appearances from 20m rated Jean-Kevin Augustin and whilst I understand the 22 year old is regaining his fitness, I can't help but be a little concerned about his body language. He doesn't seem to be putting himself about, making exciting runs or making a nuisance of himself in the opposition box. I understand he has had limited opportunities to show his calibre, but I can't help but feel that what we have seen so far has been lacklustre and uninspiring! Agree?

Ex Leeds midfielder, now Soccer pundit Michael Brown believes that Bielsa may be to blame! Speaking to the press, the former hardman said..

He’s already, I think, tethering with Marcelo Bielsa. So we might see a clash straight away, that we don’t even see him [playing] because Bielsa will not have it if you don’t conform to his ways. Augustin is not at the level of fitness and that’s going to be the one to watch. That could fall out with him and Bielsa because he probably didn’t agree with the manager’s reasons for him not to play to get him to that fitness. He’ll be saying: ‘Well I’m fit, I’ll give you 10, 20 minutes and I’ll nick you a goal,’ but has he lost him already?”

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 17th February) Has there been a falling out between Bielsa and Augustin

Post by weasel »

Absolutely ludicrous to suggest a falling out between Bielsa and Augustin. Right from day 1 Bielsa said JKA needed a month to get up to speed with the way we play and I am sure JKA had been told this prior to signing. The level of intensity we played at compared to Bristol shows why their loan signings could go straight into their team but wouldn't get into ours immediately.

If Bielsa thought JKA wasn't putting the effort in then he wouldn't bring him on. We saw with Izzy Brown that Bielsa realised he wasn't able to get to the level of fitness needed, despite his obvious ability, and as such didn't pick him or bring him on as a substitute. I have seen nothing in JKA's performances to suggest he isn't putting the effort in. He came on and was immediately chasing around. It probably isn't his normal way of playing so don't expect him to be chasing as much as Bamford - but hopefully the trade off is that he might be more clinical.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 17th February) - Leeds get back to winning ways in style

Post by HarryofOz »

Heaven's be praised, someone who knows less about what's happening at Leeds than than Noel Whelan, Danny Mills, Gary Blum and Danny Murphy.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 17th February) - Leeds get back to winning ways in style

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks.

While happy with a win and a Fulham loss lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, we played very well scored one goal.
But wont go through every game without a corner to defend or our keeper to have nothing to do.

No idea about Big Kev and MB but he is just finding his way and MB and both would be unprofessional if they were to allow their personalities to get in the way of their day job. Kev needs minutes on and off the pitch and I am confident chances will come his way. I didnt see Kev against Brentford but he looked ok on saturday.

Just had a bit of a scramble for Huddersfield tickets but prevailed in the end. Yay Me!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
gessa

Post by gessa »

We must have the worst ticketing system on the planet, I buy tickets for festivals, concerts theatres, never ever a problem, try and get tickets for a Leeds game and it's a bleeding nightmare, twice now got to click the confirm purchase icon and the page has closed as i was doing it, probably all be gone by the time i get back on.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Morning!

Too many idiots pretending to be journalists. Buy a pub, or something.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:13 am We must have the worst ticketing system on the planet, I buy tickets for festivals, concerts theatres, never ever a problem, try and get tickets for a Leeds game and it's a bleeding nightmare, twice now got to click the confirm purchase icon and the page has closed as i was doing it, probably all be gone by the time i get back on.
Just tried to contact LUFC about them charging me full price for away tickets when it should be a concessional price. No excuses as my age is printed on my season-ticket so it should be logged in on their customer records, a total farce!

Of course I can't get through as they are busy selling Huddersfield tickets.

Poor service!
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:29 am Just tried to contact LUFC about them charging me full price for away tickets when it should be a concessional price. No excuses as my age is printed on my season-ticket so it should be logged in on their customer records, a total farce!

Poor service!

Over the last 12 months, I've emailed the club on 3 separate occasions not once have I had a reply.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:42 am Over the last 12 months, I've emailed the club on 3 separate occasions not once have I had a reply.
I’ve had to phone a couple of times over misplaced orders, no complaints at this end as I got the help I needed.

Emailing is always a waste, too easy to get ignored.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

This is what happens after a win we all start grumbling over something else!!!

In all seriousness though it is shocking how poor the whole IT side of things is at ER given AR's background. The website is pretty darn poor, and that is me being generous. I had a better website for my Sunday league team despite having fairly limited web design skills.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:42 am Over the last 12 months, I've emailed the club on 3 separate occasions not once have I had a reply.
Revie always said that LUFC were successful because our club was run efficiently from the top (Harry Reynolds) right down to the tea lady (Doris).

Can't say the same about the current regime

As I post I've been holding on the phone for 20 minutes (at 9p a minute), probably be another £5 in their coffers by the time they answer my call, should be free as I've already spent £400 on my season-ticket last week. I doubt I'll receive an apology for my legitimate complaint
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:05 am Heaven's be praised, someone who knows less about what's happening at Leeds than than Noel Whelan, Danny Mills, Gary Blum and Danny Murphy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Combined.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I'm thinking of a career change. Seems there's good money to be made in browsing Tw@ter, emailing the most common opinions to some non-entity clickbait site with the word sport in the heading and passing them off as my own. That's got to be the most random, baffling piece of baseless conjecture I've read all damn season, and lord knows the likes of Whelan and Mills give us enough of that already.

JKA's already appeared on the bench quicker than many anticipated and Bielsa is the last manager on earth who'd put him there because other people expect him to. Why the hell would there be any conflict over that?

Anyway, no point in getting too enthusiastic but the wind does feel like it's changing. Now's the time for fortunes to reverse, for those who's ridden their luck to run out of it and those who've been hard done by to get what they deserve. I'm tipping Brentford and Fulham to start flagging a bit now, Forest to get a mixed bag that should keep them safely in the POs and Millwall to make a strong charge for those places.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:29 am Just tried to contact LUFC about them charging me full price for away tickets when it should be a concessional price. No excuses as my age is printed on my season-ticket so it should be logged in on their customer records, a total farce!

Poor service!
I could with a bit of advice regarding obtaining tickets, or ticket in my case.
I've managed to 'negotiate' getting to see a home game this season by bringing my missus and daughter to Leeds with me and leaving them at the White Rose shopping centre while I am at the game.
But of course it all depends on being able to get a ticket.
I know members get priority and rightly so but when, if at all, do they go on sale to the general public? And what is the best way to get one, phone or website?
It's all changed since I last purchased one (League 1 days)
I don't mind which game it is I get to but I guess the one right near the end of the season will be sell outs if we're still top 2.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:21 pm I could with a bit of advice regarding obtaining tickets, or ticket in my case.
I've managed to 'negotiate' getting to see a home game this season by bringing my missus and daughter to Leeds with me and leaving them at the White Rose shopping centre while I am at the game.
I know members get priority and rightly so but when, if at all, do they go on sale to the general public? And what is the best way to get one, phone or website?
I don't mind which game it is I get to but I guess the one right near the end of the season will be sell outs if we're still top 2.
Chilli you have little chance of getting a ticket if today is anything to go by.

All gone within the first hour when it opened up to Gold members.

Your best chance is a season ticket holder who isnt attending letting you use his.
'
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Is anyone else getting tortured by a bet365 ad that keeps appearing?

I cant get rid of the bugger
'
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:28 pm I’ve had to phone a couple of times over misplaced orders, no complaints at this end as I got the help I needed.

Emailing is always a waste, too easy to get ignored.

The 3 times I've phoned, I've been told to email different departments, which was a complete waste of time. Still fuming about this morning, amateur set up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:47 pm Is anyone else getting tortured by a bet365 ad that keeps appearing?

I did on my phone yesterday, no problem on my laptop Ian
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:21 pm I could with a bit of advice regarding obtaining tickets, or ticket in my case.
As Ian says I think you'll struggle to obtain tickets this season without a Gold members card.

The demand has outgrown the capacity Chilli
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:47 pm Is anyone else getting tortured by a bet365 ad that keeps appearing?

Saw it once when I clicked on the link to an old match thread, otherwise blockers working fine, fortunately.

I wouldn't read the site at all if I had to see ads, and if it came to a choice, I'd rather pay a sub.