Is This Our Best XI ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Is This Our Best XI ?

Post by 1964white »

.................................Casilla...................................

Ayling..............White...........Cooper...........Dallas

................................Phillips....................................

Costa..........Klich..........Hernandez.........Harrison

................................Bamford..................................

We started with this line-up v Fulham on the 21st December, unfortunately Hernandez departed the pitch after his first touch due to an injury, then within minutes we endured a dodgy penalty against us.

It wasn't until a month later & four games later that Bielsa could pick this line-up, once again luck wasn't on our side as the referee missed Wells basketball antics, Dallas went off with a knock at half-time culminating in a red card for Phillips in the final minutes of the game;

Three games later Bielsa was in a position to pick his favoured line-up at Brentford with no hiccups this time hence our best away performance since our visit to the Hawthorns on New Years Day.

Same team for Bristol City & we all witnessed one of the most comprehensive 1-0 batterings of all-time, they scoreline certainly didn't reflect the performance.

So is this our best XI ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Is This Our Best XI ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Not for me ..no
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Can't argue with our defensive solidity and attacking power whilst fielding that lineup and the results reflect it. Given our form since December it's easy to forget we would go into a game and feel confident of not only winning it but shutting the opposition out completely, but we did exactly that and it's no coincidence how palpable the confidence running through our lads was in the Bristol game.

The exciting thing is that with Roberts coming back (providing he stays fit) and JKA and Ian's arrival means that that best XI has the potential to get even better by the end of the season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I just feel if we replace one of the main XI with one of our bench players we lose a cog & rhythm of our team
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:33 pm Can't argue with our defensive solidity and attacking power whilst fielding that lineup and the results reflect it. Given our form since December it's easy to forget we would go into a game and feel confident of not only winning it but shutting the opposition out completely, but we did exactly that and it's no coincidence how palpable the confidence running through our lads was in the Bristol game.

The exciting thing is that with Roberts coming back (providing he stays fit) and JKA and Ian's arrival means that that best XI has the potential to get even better by the end of the season.
I don't think Roberts improves the team

As for Augustin & Poveda they are not fit to start therefore both will only make sub appearances at best
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not for me. . . . . . .
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:28 pmNot for me ..no
Elaborate ?
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I'm not sure Casilla is our best keeper, we may have a better one in Meslier but difficult to say after just one appearance.
I'd rather have Shackleton in place of Costa and as JKA is obviously still not filly fit, it has up be Bamford up front.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:29 pm Not for me. . . . . . .
Elaborate ?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:I just feel if we replace one of the main XI with one of our bench players we lose a cog & rhythm of our team
Which is poor on Bielsas part is it not? After nearly 2 seasons if he doesn't have bench players to slot into the team and understand the system that is piss poor from a world renowned coach.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:51 pm I'm not sure Casilla is our best keeper, we may have a better one in Meslier but difficult to say after just one appearance.
We don't know as Meslier hasn't been tested yet
Chilli D wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:51 pm I'd rather have Shackleton in place of Costa and as JKA is obviously still not filly fit, it has up be Bamford up front.
Costa has been frustrating but has started to shine.....would Shackleton who I highly rate give us more ? limited appearances so far this season?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Think it's fairly obvious why I don't think it's our best team
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:57 pm Think it's fairly obvious why I don't think it's our best team
So is Augustin a better option right now ?
hector

Post by hector »

Would it be something to do with Barn doors??
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:55 pm Which is poor on Bielsas part is it not? After nearly 2 seasons if he doesn't have bench players to slot into the team and understand the system that is piss poor from a world renowned coach.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
I agree with you on that point BG

The reason those players are not regular first-team players is because they are inconsistent or unfit or simply not good enough to fill the boots of Marcelo's preferred XI
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:59 pm So is Augustin a better option right now ?
When I talk about Paddy rationally folks get upset so I'll not go there. Suffice to say it wouldn't be my strongest LUFC team right now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:59 pm Would it be something to do with Barn doors??
But right now we haven't got a replacement.

That may change in the next few weeks or more should Augustin finds his fitness & starts banging the goals in when coming on as a sub.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The team is only poor if we lose say Kalvin because the rest of it rotates till we have 3 or 4 out of position. Nothing to do with the line up itself.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:05 pm When I talk about Paddy rationally folks get upset so I'll not go there. Suffice to say it wouldn't be my strongest LUFC team right now
Who gets upset Faaip?

Ok I put the question to you 'is Augustin fit enough to start yet' ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Probably not, still a better option