Leeds Utd v Reading Match Thread - Bielsa names unchanged line-up

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Leeds Utd v Reading Match Thread - Bielsa names unchanged line-up

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds Utd v Reading

Saturday 22nd February 2020 15:00 | Elland Road

The Royals are the visitors to Elland Road on Saturday as Leeds look to do the double over over their Berkshire opponents. The teams last met late last November with the Whites stealing the show with this solitary yet stunning goal, orchestrated and finished by Harrison. Leeds had expected to hear the outcome of Kiko Casilla hearing last week but so far there has been no news. Marcelo Bielsa will e able to pick from the same players as comprehensively outplayed Bristol City last week.

Under pressure striker Patrick Bamford looks certain to retain his starting position due mainly to Bielsa's reluctance to change a starting line-up unless he has to but on-loan striker Jean-Kevin Augustin is pushing to make his full debut. Reading manager Mark Bowen will check on winger Ayub Masika, who has been struggling with a stomach upset. Left back Jordan Obita and midfielder Pele will be available to play at Elland Road haveing overcome minor injuries.

Leeds United have won their past three Championship matches against Reading without conceding a goal. Reading have lost three of their previous four away league visits to Leeds, winning the other in October 2017. Leeds are looking to pick up consecutive league wins for the first time since a run of seven in November/December. Leeds have lost four of their past seven league games, as many as they had in their first 26 this season. Reading have won just one of their previous eight league games, though it was their last Championship fixture winning 3-0 against Sheffield Wednesday.

Not many stats for Saturday's referee, Australian Jarred Gillett. He made three league appearances last year after arriving here from the Australian A-League and this will be his first visit to Elland Road as a match day official. Gillett has refereed Reading twice, resulting in one win and one loss. Showing one yellow card, no reds and giving no penalties. This season he's refereed 17 Championship games, showing 68 yellows (average of 4 per game), 2 straight reds and awarded 3 penalties. He was named the A-League’s referee of the year on five occasions, most recently in 2017/18, and stands as the most successful referee in A-League history.

Referee information from @El_Loco_Jo

Leeds Starting XI
Casilla, Ayling, White, Cooper, Dallas, Phillips, Klich, Harrison, Costa, Hernandez, Bamford

Subs: Meslier, Casey, Douglas, Alioski, Shackleton, Roberts, Augustin
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Reading Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

Apparently Reading will be lacking a few regulars and also have a busy time in the next few weeks I hope they focus on the Cup. :roflmao:

Always a handful for Leeds, but these games have to be locked if we are serious about promotion.

45 minutes please for Big Kev and Poveda to be on the bench.

With Fulham playing on Friday and Brentford kicking off at lunchtime the pressure could be intense come 3pm on Saturday.

Important to have a confidence boosting performance and win ahead of two difficult away games.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

How we feeling about today?
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Ready to roll !
Let's see Elland Road Rocking mate...7 to go ,after 6 & 6 away.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lets show every club we are the true champions in this league & batter Reading not only performance-wise but with goals too

3-0 :scar1
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Kiko hearing on Thursday.
Statement on Friday supposedly.
Silence on Saturday.
What is going on?????
Feels like we are being screwed around with again.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:31 am Kiko hearing on Thursday.
Silence on Saturday.
What is going on?????

I think the longer it goes on the more ut suggests that the FA are leaning his way.

But they have painted themselves into a corner.
If not guilty how will it look to the outside world?

In any case I think it would be wiser to play Meslier today.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:31 am Kiko hearing on Thursday.
Silence on Saturday.
What is going on?????

I think the longer it goes on the more ut suggests that the FA are leaning his way.

'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

After Fulham's draw it's another chance to extend our advantage of them and others. Bristol v baggies, Brentford v Blackburn pts dropped there . Hope we're preparing for a 10 man defence today , Reading will come with the bus big time !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote: I think the longer it goes on the more ut suggests that the FA are leaning his way.

Maybe EFL are waiting until after today's game before slapping a 12 game ban on him ruling him out for the remainder of the season, it's just something these vindictive b******s would do .

Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Prediction

We are caught out and they score early - try and time waste from the 10th minute

We batter them, have 80% of the ball for the rest of the match and rescue a point with a defender scoring.

I'm sorry for the negativity but I just don't like getting my hopes up.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote: I think the longer it goes on the more ut suggests that the FA are leaning his way.

Just read that ex- Derby player Craig Ramage was sacked by the BBC for making 'racist' remarks. Seems you have to be very careful with your choice of words these days.

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:50 am Maybe EFL are waiting until after today's game before slapping a 12 game ban on him ruling him out for the remainder of the season, it's just something these vindictive b******s would do .

The concept that there is a cabal of FA /EFL/ Sky tv/ BBC executives who have an anti Leeds agenda isn’t something I buy into.

Leeds are perfectly capable of making trouble for themselves without outside help.

If he is guilty they will sanction him not because of who he plays for but for what he has done.
'
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Doire_Boi wrote:Prediction

We are caught out and they score early - try and time waste from the 10th minute

We batter them, have 80% of the ball for the rest of the match and rescue a point with a defender scoring.

I'm sorry for the negativity but I just don't like getting my hopes up.
I fully understand DB, that's why I'm the most pessimistic on here. Years of frustration & heartache took its toll I'm afraid.

Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:28 am I fully understand DB, that's why I'm the most pessimistic on here. Years of frustration & heartache took its toll I'm afraid.

Sometimes I wish I had of just followed my dads instructions and been a full time Celtic fan :lol:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote: The concept that there is a cabal of FA /EFL/ Sky tv/ BBC executives who have an anti Leeds agenda isn’t something I buy into.

Leeds are perfectly capable of making trouble for themselves without outside help.

If he is guilty they will sanction him not because of who he plays for but for what he has done.
I'm not buying that either. This has been going on for 5 months . If the evidence was there at the beginning or even a month into the investigation why have we reached February before the hearing and to think that he could still be banned without conclusive evidence is absurd.

onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

G'day everyone!

The Kiko thing has gone on long enough, the league has to put their cards on the table. They've had ample time to investigate. Put up or shut up.

But never mind that. It's gameday! C'mon you beauties! Three points in convincing fashion please.
gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am I'm not buying that either. This has been going on for 5 months . If the evidence was there at the beginning or even a month into the investigation why have we reached February before the hearing and to think that he could still be banned without conclusive evidence is absurd.

Agreed
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am I'm not buying that either. This has been going on for 5 months . If the evidence was there at the beginning or even a month into the investigation why have we reached February before the hearing and to think that he could still be banned without conclusive evidence is absurd.

I agree it has been going on too long.

But let’s remember that the FA gave Kiko and Leeds an all extension so they could provide added evidence in Kikos defence.

But that said he needs to know where he stands.
'
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:13 am The concept that there is a cabal of FA /EFL/ Sky tv/ BBC executives who have an anti Leeds agenda isn’t something I buy into.

:tup:

if they really wanted to help us they'd have banned him for the reason of the season a few weeks ago :lol: