The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 20th February) - D-Day for Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 20th February) - D-Day for Kiko Casilla

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 20th February, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

D-Day for Casilla

Kiko Casilla reportedly had his hearing yesterday at St Georges Parky in relation to to alleged racist remarks made by the Spaniard shot stopper last September at Charlton. Unfortunately for the former Real Madrid star, the odds are stacked against him. Unlike a Court, where guilt must be proved, the FA will convict on probability. If the panel believe that Casilla may have said something, but have no proof; they can convict the 33 year old.

No wonder his form has gone from best in the Championship to worst over the last dozen games! Would it not have been better for Casilla to sort his head out, then return to first team action? In hindsight, knowing that a minimum six game ban was coming whether Casilla was guilty or not, would it have not have been a good idea to give Meslier some first team game experience between the sticks? The FA would not have gone to all these lengths if they thought Casilla was innocent, and with no evidence needed to convict, the only question left to answer is how many games will Casilla be banned for?

Whilst I believe there is no place for racism either on or off the field, you only have to compare whatever punishment is given to Casilla and compare it to Roy Keane's assault on Alfe Inge Haaland. Keane ended Haaland's career on purpose. It was premeditated. A few years later bragged about it in his auto biography. What punishment did Keane get? 5 game ban and a £150,000 fine.

Augustin must hit the ground running - Kevin Phillips

Former England Striker Kevin Phillips believes that Jean-Kevin Augustin can be a massive asset to Leeds in their promotion push, but he must hit the ground running.

I saw encouraging signs against Bristol City. He has got energy, he has got pace. I have seen signs that he could settle in and perform at this level. Unfortunately, he needs to hit the ground running because it is an area that has been a concern for Leeds this season and you cannot rely on midfielders and defenders to score the goals. He and Bamford have to step up.

Leeds create opportunities. You want your strikers chipping in with goals. He needs to get off the mark as soon as he can and being an ex-striker I know what a relief that is, it would give him huge confidence. If he can do that he can be the difference in terms of getting Leeds over the line.

I saw encouraging signs against Bristol City. He has got energy, he has got pace. I have seen signs that he could settle in and perform at this level.

Reading fans angry at Leeds ticket prices

Reading fans believe that Leeds have deliberately bumped up their away ticket prices knowing they won't be sold, so that they can re-sell them to Leeds fans. Leeds have faced criticism this season from supporters of rival Championship clubs who blame the lack of tickets sold on high prices. Berkshire journalist Jonathan Low added...

The EFL need to step in. They are the ones who need to address the issue. Leeds charge a lot of money for away fans but they are within their rights to because home fans pay the same amount to sit in that area of the stadium. However when it’s costing away fans almost double the amount for a ticket at Elland Road compared to promotion rivals West Brom, you know there is a problem".

Away fans also have to pay for travel and it’s not as if Reading are a nearby club so their fans will be out all day on Saturday, also paying for food and drink. As it’s Leeds, it would not be a shock if the EFL do intervene. Hopefully this latest round of publicity will help!

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 20th February) )

Post by Ellandback1 »

These pictures were taken by Heidi Haigh at the time of the incident v Charlton

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 20th February) - D-Day for Kiko Casilla

Post by Sara »

The pictures above aren't showing for me.

Reading don't have any fans.
gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 20th February) - D-Day for Kiko Casilla

Post by gessa »

£39 for either fan is ott for the Championship but nothing the efl can do but advise. Aren't Sheff Wed and Ipswich even more expensive, especially when Leeds were in town.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Pictures not showing for me either
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

MEMO FROM EFL TO SKY TV.

Given your desire to keep Leeds united in the Championship so that you will be able to maximise revenue from the coverage of Championship games, we have delayed giving any judgement in the Fansico "kiko" Casilla case.

We have noted that Spygate caused considerable disruption to Leeds attempts to gain promotion to the premiership, and it is our considered opinion that a Kiko ban may have a similar effect in destabilising their efforts to gain promotion.

If this does not succeed we will peruse the fine print of the financial fair play rules and it should not be to difficult to construe some reason to enforce a points deduction and thus prevent their promotion.

Thanks in advance for your continued financial support and rest assured that we will do our utmost to comply with your wishes.

Respectfully yours
EFL
CC Shaun Harvey

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Last edited by rab_rant on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Last edited by Ellandback1 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

£39 is too much for any fan.

D day for Kiko.

We probably will never know the truth.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Can we see the pictures now?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Ellandback1 wrote:Can we see the pictures now?
Not in Tapatalk just greyed out image icons.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Can’t see them no.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:51 am The pictures above aren't showing for me.

Reading don't have any fans.
Not now there are very few telephone boxes left to hold fan club meetings...This is my "local" club we're talking about here btw
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure there's an excuse for LUFC or Kiko in saying Kiko may have been distracted last few weeks. Perfectly simple cure either way

JK won't be able to hit the ground at all till he starts and that ain't looking likely..10-15 minutes off the bench is doing him no favours
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

No pictures....
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:57 pm Not sure there's an excuse for LUFC or Kiko in saying Kiko may have been distracted last few weeks. Perfectly simple cure either way

JK won't be able to hit the ground at all till he starts and that ain't looking likely..10-15 minutes off the bench is doing him no favours
I agree re Kiko.

In my opinion, Bielsa is at fault for playing him if he's been distracted. Personally don't think he has been - not sure you can blame the stupid decisions and mistakes on being distracted...especially when he was making them at the end of last season anyway...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:53 pm Not now there are very few telephone boxes left to hold fan club meetings...This is my "local" club we're talking about here btw
My condolences. My current 'local' club is Derby, which is probably worse, although you still see more Man U shirts round here.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I put that up about a year ago and got flamed :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ_cW7An8jA

This is is saves video, the amount of times he parries or kicks the ball back into play and gets away with it is scary

He just cant catch the bloody thing
'
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

From over here in the States it's hard for me to understand how opposing fans can be upset about having to pay the same amount to attend a game as the home fans do. Here in the States home teams don't allot any tickets at all for fans of the visiting side, let alone discounted tickets.

The average price of an NFL ticket is over $100 (£78). It's $71 (£55) for a Major League Baseball game and about $58 (£45) for MLS, and it seems to me the Championship is a better quality product than MLS.

To me, though, with television revenue being as high as it is, the teams owe it to the fans to try and keep ticket prices as affordable as possible, rather than try and squeeze out every penny the market will bear. Unfortunately, as long as the club is selling 35,000 tickets a game, there is very little incentive for them to drop ticket prices. That being said, good for Radz for holding the line on season ticket prices, especially since promotion is a strong possibility. Can you name any other club, in any sport, anywhere in the world that has not raised season ticket prices even once in the last nine years?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Is no news good news then?