Today's presser

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Today's presser

Post by 1964white »

Phillips break helped his form?

Worse effect.

[Can you explain?]

He was three matches out. He played the match with under-23s. Technically he was very good. The attitude he played with was excellent. He had problems in coordination, speed, agility. In the match against Brentford he had few opportunities to touch the ball and organise the play. Just from the minute 30 to 45 he was in contact, the rest of the match no. He had good recoveries when danger was in front of him. The player he faced, 14, that is a number eight, neither defensive nor offensive. Not offensive like the playmakers he is used to playing. It’s like most of the playmakers of our opponents. He had problems to face this player when he changed direction with the ball. Those two situations, few contact with the ball to build attacks and lack of agility to adapt in defence with change of opponent’s direction are linked with situation he was out three matches. He lost a level as is natural. You can recover some things just playing, even this description he had positive impact in the match against Brentford for us because he knows how to cover our players in defence, but he recovers his real level in the last match. He defended against attackers or playmakers like the 20. There he had more impact in defence and more efficiency. To know what I am saying is true, normally Kalvin makes double or triple of the movements of high intensity of our centre-backs, maximal speed. Against Brentford and he didn’t do double or triple, he did half of the centre-backs, but last match he came back to normal values. That means he didn’t play three matches, the situation made him worse. After he started playing the situation improved. Those conclusions are not my opinion. It’s a description of the images and Kalvin’s play in the pitch. Not an opinion. One description.
1964white

Re: Today's presser

Post by 1964white »

I needs a translator to fathom out what Marcelo was on about there.

Kalvin scored 19.5 points for me in those games v Brentford & Bristol City

I suspect we'd have struggled to gain a point without KP, everything fell into place again with Phillips controlling both matches imo!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Same squad for Reading with Casilla the only doubt due to his impending trial
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich - playing regularly keeps his level high?

According to which kind of player? There are some who when they have to make efforts in a row, makes them weak. Accumulation of matches makes them weak and others improve for this situation.

What is it about Klich?

Klich is a player with very, very much skills physically. The values of Klich, he cannot do better. A player who runs more, more intense movements and makes more movements at maximal speed. His values are linked with how he prepares mentally. This is the fact that makes him run. More hungry he is, the more he runs.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Do you think he talks to the players like this? Must be confusing.
There Is Only One United.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Aware many people would love to see Leeds go up? How do you feel the team is coping with the pressure?

What I can realise is the wish of the people of Leeds, the desire. I cannot feel the rest of the country, I don’t know how to realise that. How I manage the situation? Our job has a rule common for every situation, we have to win the next match. Every match deserves one phrase that is very common in our job: the phrase ‘we have to win’.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Does it mean a lot to you - this feeling? Has this passion been the same at former clubs?

Experienced it before as well. If there is something makes this job attractive to me, it is when I am in contact with the passion of the supporters. There is a situation that makes a difference between people working in football and the fans. We touch many to do this job. The supporters love their club. The only thing they receive is emotions. We receive money and this puts us in another level. For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billysboots wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:58 pm Do you think he talks to the players like this? Must be confusing.
Must be confusing & frustrating but he seems to work the oracle with the players, Billysboots
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Really wish MB would allow the translator who did his first press conference and JKA's translation to do these.

The coach does his best but the man clearly isnt that fluent in English himself, he is a coach after all not a translator.

Its ironic, MB prefers to speak in Spanish so his message is clearly explained and yet he is constantly having to correct the coaches translation.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:03 pm Must be confusing & frustrating but he seems to work the oracle with the players, Billysboots
It might make sense, if you've dropped some acid beforehand.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:52 pm I needs a translator to fathom out what Marcelo was on about there.

Me too :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hernandez

Bielsa feels he is best served playing more central as opposed to swapping with Costa. "Pablo is best served when moving the ball.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I wonder if he does this deliberately....to try and confuse opposition manages
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:14 pm I wonder if he does this deliberately....to try and confuse opposition manages
Well there's probably 1000's of Leeds fans all simultaneously scratching their heads appearing dazed & confused Swannie :?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

To make it worse, Argentinian Spanish isn't pure Spanish either, so if you have a European translator there could be problems there too.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Just sounds like he's counteracting the burnout theory by saying Phillips dropped in performance for having time out, he didn't recover or improve. That isn't to say Phillips didn't play well, but the performance stuff that Marcelo measures was lower.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Why is running the sign of putting in a good performance?

Surely Phillips has a better game if he reads the game well and therefore doesn't have to run so much. I think he's been excellent last two games.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 pm Why is running the sign of putting in a good performance?

Surely Phillips has a better game if he reads the game well and therefore doesn't have to run so much. I think he's been excellent last two games.
Indeed Kalvin has been out of this world since his return, I don't know how much improvement could be expected from KP, he's looked every inch a premiership player & is the major reason for our excellent performances.

I'm absolutely stunned with Marcelo's comments :shock:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Tend to agree Adam