Wilder v Tyson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Wilder v Tyson

Post by Ellandback1 »

Who's staying up to watch the fight?

http://www.ovostreams.com/boxing.php
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Wilder v Tyson

Post by Ellandback1 »

hector

Post by hector »

the ovo stream ain't working mate

Wilder looks bolloxed
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

well done tyson.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Looked pretty comprehensive!

Wilder never faced anyone decent before Fury, on the other hand Fury has come out on top every time he's gone for a belt. Fury and Joshua at the top of the tree now, though I'd like to see Dillian Whyte get a decent shot at a belt.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Wilders legs kept wobbling from the start
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

wilder looked totally fucked from round one.
a proper demolishing job from the gypo king.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Bit of a damp squib watching the highlights this morning - didn't see the whole match but my overall impression is of 2 lumbering slow fatties. Fury did deserve to win but Wilder was a joke tbh, considering the build-up.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:55 am http://buffstreamz.com/watch/boxing
I do wish I had see. This stream last night. Have always paid for the big fights if I could get there, but there comes a time when you have to make a stand if the cost is such that you feel totally shafted. BT tried to charge £25 last night, and I’ve set my limit at Sky’s £20. So missed the fight live sadly.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Norm wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:19 pm Bit of a damp squib watching the highlights this morning - didn't see the whole match but my overall impression is of 2 lumbering slow fatties. Fury did deserve to win but Wilder was a joke tbh, considering the build-up.
Wilder has always got by in very limited ability, relying too heavily on his big right hand. Other great punchers in the history of heavyweight boxing, Norton, Foreman, even Mike Tyson, has far better boxing skills, movement and/or ring savvy. Wilder was always going to get well beaten at some point; if Ortiz has been younger he would have done the job, Fury was always a good bet to do it given his excellent Boxing skills and ring IQ. He’s a natural fighter, Wilder isn’t. It showed.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Norm wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:19 pm Bit of a damp squib watching the highlights this morning - didn't see the whole match but my overall impression is of 2 lumbering slow fatties. Fury did deserve to win but Wilder was a joke tbh, considering the build-up.
there's no fat on wilder just short of real boxing ability . got outclassed by the big man.
full fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DEZZpQ6Sd8

granted the heavy weight division isn't what it once was .
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I didn't realise Tyson Fury was a real person until I looked him up just now. I'd heard the name, but I just assumed it was a power ranger, or something. (I don't know what power rangers are either.)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:33 pm I didn't realise Tyson Fury was a real person until I looked him up just now. I'd heard the name, but I just assumed it was a power ranger, or something. (I don't know what power rangers are either.)
Not a very nice person by all accounts, spouted a lot of sexist, anti-Semitic and homophobic stuff in the past...probably just ignorance or nurture but he meant it at the time
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I read his wiki - says he's apologised for his past comments. I guess his upbringing is a factor.

Watched the fight. Never watched boxing before. Too much cuddling.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Homophobia, in particular, is rampant in the traveller community. That's not to justify what Tyson said, simply that it is part of the culture he grew up in. I also think a lot of the unpleasant and unpalatable things he has said in the past were, at least in part, down to how unwell he was. Never was a fan, thought him a big gobshite, but have a new found respect for him in how he has dealt with his demons and how open and honest he's been about his struggles with mental health.

As for the fight, it was no classic by any means, but Fury the boxer won comfortably. And exposed Wilder for the one trick pony he is. A primed Joshua versus a primed Fury should be some unification fight.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

the mans been to hell and back.
he suffered from mental health issues from the age of ten , suffered with depression which lead to drugs and alcoholism and was on the verge of suicide .
respect and a huge credit to him .
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Joshua will get sat on his arse by Fury. Not a fan of Fury as a person by there is no doubting his boxing skill.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:28 pm the mans been to hell and back.
he suffered from mental health issues from the age of ten , suffered with depression which lead to drugs and alcoholism and was on the verge of suicide .
respect and a huge credit to him .
Agree, turned his life around and is trying to inspire others. Didn’t he donate his entire fight purse from the first Wilder fight, 8 million I think.
He’d be the first to admit he was a gobshite in the past and said some horrible things, butvv bc as you say was in a dark place. Nothing but respect for the guy. I hope he knocks out Joshua next
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:27 pm Homophobia, in particular, is rampant in the traveller community.
It's always sad to see people in oppressed communities punching down; although when you're 6ft 9 that's pretty much the only option.

Always good to see someone with serious mental health and addiction problems get through it though.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

SaraM wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:10 pm It's always sad to see people in oppressed communities punching down; although when you're 6ft 9 that's pretty much the only option.

Always good to see someone with serious mental health and addiction problems get through it though.
Sad indeed, seems even the oppressed need a bogey man.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson