The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th February) Should duo play through the pain barrier?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th February) Should duo play through the pain barrier?

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 26th February, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Whelan - It was the right decision for Nketiah to return to Arsenal

Soccer pundit Noel Whelan believes it was the right decision for Eddie Nketiah to return to the Emirates in January. The England U21 International has become a regular in the Gunners starting XI starting the last four games, and netting twice. Shame he wasn't good enough for Bielsa! When asked if the England under-21 international was right to leave Elland Road, Whelan replied:

He has just proved he was right in going back.

When a new manager comes in it give you a different perspective of a chance at a football club. I like the fact Arteta is giving Eddie a chance. He will improve playing next to Aubameyang, Pepe and Ozil.

This kid is a natural goalscorer and we have now seen on Sunday he can do the horrible side as well.

We would have loved to have kept him but when he has an opportunity at his proper club in the Premier League I cannot fault him for going to do that. He backed himself and he is right – he has the ability.

It was an excellent finish. He is a natural finisher. That is something you cannot put into Patrick Bamford.

If you were Eddie Nketiah, what would you have done?

Bielsa's Pre Match Press Conference

The Maestro discusses injuries to two key first team members and hope they can play through the pain barrier.

Decision time!

After tonight's games, there will be only eleven more until the season comes to an end, and whilst it seems a long away off, we are only talking just over two months. There are a lot of unanswered questions from the powers that be that will effect millions of fans! Will Casilla get banned, and if so is it fair if the ban stretches to next season?

Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County have both been charged under FFP rules back in January. Both teams are on 45 points currently, 11 points from the drop zone! Do the FA / EFL need to decide on their fate this season? Should it be the same at Birmingham City (9 points) or should the Rams / Wendies have learnt from their predecessors; therefor a bigger punishment is due?

When should the decision be made by? Is it already too late? Surely both Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County deserve time to try and pull away from the drop zone after knowing what there punishment will be? How would that make you feel if you were a fan of one of the bottom three?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th February) Should duo play through the pain barrier?

Post by HarryofOz »

Night follows day

Water is wet

Whelan rubbishes Leeds
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 26th February) Should duo play through the pain barrier?

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning.

Derby and Wendies.
Too late for a points reduction.
Next season will do.

Stupid to play injured players.
Not playing Meslier is saying to him what was said to Nketiah. You are not to be trusted.
Meslier playing now instills confidence in him, which wont be there if we play an injured keeper until we are forced not to when he gets banned.

KP if he injured he cant play. His value is around a third of this club, what if he breaks down and misses the run in? Why risk him in against a dis spirited injury hit side?
MB is a genius, let him find a solution. That is what geniuses do after all.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:38 am Night follows day

Water is wet

Whelan rubbishes Leeds
Even a stopped watch is right twice a day and I agree with him here.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:59 am Even a stopped watch is right twice a day and I agree with him here.
Only the old-fashioned analog ones :)

I'd give him credit, but he just moans for the sake of it, without any real analysis of the situation.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Oh he's a poor analyst but throw enough arrows and you'll hit the bull sooner or later..He's right but he gets no credit for it
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Don’t risk them if the are injured, maybe rest them tonight and see how things are on Saturday.
There Is Only One United.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Now neither team appears to be within a chance of getting in the top 6 they should leave it until next season. 10 points off this season would just be a token gesture and not really cause too much concern a bit like the birmingham situation last year. If your going to cheat then the punishment needs to hurt - should be a 15 point deduction as standard with further deductions possible given the severity and a transfer ban for a season.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Drop Kiko.

Kalvin will want to play this one and sometimes playing through an injury can help (especially as it doesn't seem as serious). If he still feels it after tonight then drop him for the home game on Saturday where he will be less relied upon.

Drop Bamford and give JKA a 90 minute game where a team has to come out. Don't give him his chance at Elland road where teams park 4 buses across our box. Start him tonight and even if he gets one goal - this could be the start of us actually putting teams to bed. Fed up of 1-0's even though I'd take them in our next 11 games.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Irish Ian wrote:Morning.

Derby and Wendies.
Too late for a points reduction.
Next season will do.

Stupid to play injured players.
Not playing Meslier is saying to him what was said to Nketiah. You are not to be trusted.
Meslier playing now instills confidence in him, which wont be there if we play an injured keeper until we are forced not to when he gets banned.

KP if he injured he cant play. His value is around a third of this club, what if he breaks down and misses the run in? Why risk him in against a dis spirited injury hit side?
MB is a genius, let him find a solution. That is what geniuses do after all.
Agree with everything here although I can't help wishing Derby n Wendies get hefty points deducted and they both go down.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

BGwhite wrote:Agree with everything here although I can't help wishing Derby n Wendies get hefty points deducted and they both go down.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Brum then the Wendy's I can hear Mr Monk say in his best Ali G voice "Is it cos me is Gary Monk dat me teams get points deductions?"

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Shouldn't there be a mental health warning attached to every article that is associated with Noel Whelan.

You put your sanity in jeopardy if you give credence to anything he says.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Doire_Boi wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:21 am Drop Kiko.

Kalvin will want to play this one and sometimes playing through an injury can help (especially as it doesn't seem as serious). If he still feels it after tonight then drop him for the home game on Saturday where he will be less relied upon.

Drop Bamford and give JKA a 90 minute game where a team has to come out. Don't give him his chance at Elland road where teams park 4 buses across our box. Start him tonight and even if he gets one goal - this could be the start of us actually putting teams to bed. Fed up of 1-0's even though I'd take them in our next 11 games.
we're away on saturday too so not sure this applies - we're also usually as dominant at home as we are away anyway and Hull are doing better than Boro...
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Look Whelan is stating the obvious but it is horses for courses here. The system dictates the game plan for us, so no matter the player's talent, if he does not fit, Biesla's not playing him.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

danhirons wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:38 pm we're away on saturday too so not sure this applies - we're also usually as dominant at home as we are away anyway and Hull are doing better than Boro...
Sorry I was looking at the Huddersfield game.

Anyway I'll still stick with what I said. I know better than MB like most people on here.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I knew as soon as I opened this thread that there would be some quote attributed to that gobshite Whelan! Jesus, he loves the sound of his own voice.

If there's any risk in playing KP, then he shouldn't start, is too integral to this team to lose for the run in. Meslier must be wondering what he has to do to get a start, though Kiko has been better the last couple of games. MB unlikely to change a winning team unless his hand is forced.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

WhiteRose wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:15 am Now neither team appears to be within a chance of getting in the top 6 they should leave it until next season. 10 points off this season would just be a token gesture and not really cause too much concern a bit like the birmingham situation last year. If your going to cheat then the punishment needs to hurt - should be a 15 point deduction as standard with further deductions possible given the severity and a transfer ban for a season.
A 10 point deduction each would put them within 2 points of the drop zone
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:14 pm I knew as soon as I opened this thread that there would be some quote attributed to that gobshite Whelan! Jesus, he loves the sound of his own voice.

If there's any risk in playing KP, then he shouldn't start, is too integral to this team to lose for the run in. Meslier must be wondering what he has to do to get a start, though Kiko has been better the last couple of games. MB unlikely to change a winning team unless his hand is forced.
Kiko has had next to nothing to do this last couple of games, yes he made a late save on Saturday but it was hardly Banks v Pele was it? It was a regulation save. Hard to say the has improved.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:27 pm A 10 point deduction each would put them within 2 points of the drop zone
That is true but I dont think either are bad enough to go down