Defence

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Defence

Post by Doire_Boi »

We now have the best defence in the league again. Is this what is carrying us? In most football games 1 goal is not enough to win a match and although I would take them every week, they are nail-biting to say the least.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Defence

Post by Ratscoot »

Doire_Boi wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:30 am We now have the best defence in the league again. Is this what is carrying us? In most football games 1 goal is not enough to win a match and although I would take them every week, they are nail-biting to say the least.
Totally agree we are dominant in games and create plenty of chances, our defence is back on song (thankfully) but we need to start scoring more goals but please don’t be critical of our CF as he runs around a lot
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

Ratscoot wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:00 pm Totally agree we are dominant in games and create plenty of chances, our defence is back on song (thankfully) but we need to start scoring more goals but please don’t be critical of our CF as he runs around a lot
He can run.. I'll give him that
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Aslong as the defence remains solid we will be ok.

If it doesnt we saw what happened before.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Ratscoot wrote: Totally agree we are dominant in games and create plenty of chances, our defence is back on song (thankfully) but we need to start scoring more goals but please don’t be critical of our CF as he runs around a lot
Wouldn't dream of being critical of PB , we concede only every 3+ games when he plays. I reckon he'd make a good 10 for any striker.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Defence to be fair has been consistent all season. Apart from the Birmingham and Cardiff matches we have only conceded 2 on 4 occasions - Millwall twice both times with the help of a dubious penalty, Fulham with the help of a dubious penalty and Forest who scored in injury time with us caught out with 9 men in the Forest half. The rest of the time it has been 0 or 1 conceded and that usually boils down to luck as sometimes that one opportunity the opposition get goes in other times it is saved. It hasn't really ever been that the opposition has rained down shots on us whether we conceded or didn't. In the winning run Kiko made crucial saves, in the bad run we made mistakes and were punished - the opposition weren't creating any more or any less opportunities.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Accurate and succinct, as ever.