Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Hull site (fair commentary) & LUTV extended highlights up

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Hull site (fair commentary) & LUTV extended highlights up

Post by Ellandback1 »

Hull City v Leeds Utd

Saturday 29th February 2020 12.30 | KCOM Stadium

Leeds are the visitors to the KCOM Stadium on Saturday for a lunchtime kick off against local rivals Hull City. The Whites will be full of confidence as they stretched their winning run to three games following their one-nil win at The Riverside Stadium midweek. Meanwhile 60 miles due East, Hull's only victory of 2020 came on New Years Day against the Sheffield Wednesday. Since the turn of the year they have scored 9, but conceded 20.

The January departures of Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki may have raised between £12-15m but with with the Allam family in charge, I would expect the money to be invested back into their club. Hull's latest defeat, at home v Barnsley saw the Tigers drop to 17th place in the table, four points and five places from the drop zone. Following the defeat Tigers Manager Grant McCann warned his players what a similar performance would mean on Saturday against Leeds:-

We’ve got a very, very tough game on Saturday. One of the best teams in the league are coming here. If we perform like we did (against Barnsley) then we’ll get hammered. That’s exactly what I’ve told the group. We need to roll our sleeves up now, do it for themselves, do it for their families, do it for this football club. They need to start taking responsibility and that’s everyone.

With Kiko Casilla now banned for the next eight games, French U20 shot stopper Illan Messlier is likely to take the gloves for Leeds. Kalvin Phillips faces a late fitness test having sustained a dead leg a week ago against Reading. Ben White will deputise, as he did midweek against Middlesbrough with Berardi stepping into defence.

Patrick Bamford will once again lead the forward line. Recent £15m loan signing Jean-Kevin Augustin picked up a minor muscle injury which Bielsa confidently predicts will keep the big man on the treatment table until next week. The 22 year old has played less than 50 minutes for the Whites since signing over a month ago on loan. Last time out between the sides Leeds won 2-0 thanks to a de Wijs own goal and and end to end effort finished off by Alioski in the eighty third minute.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

According to my my bowls partner & good friend HOOF who is a season-ticket holder at Hull, after a conversation with him last night both Hull's CB's returned to the first team last weekend only to go off injured v Preston & Barnsley.

Tom Eaves their striker picked-up a serious injury & is out for the season, Eaves' loss is a further blow to Hull's attacking options after £1.5m signing James Scott was ruled out for the remainder of the campaign after being injured in his first training session.

Eric Lichaj and Herbie Kane, are also sidelined with similar injuries.

Add their injury woes plus the loss of their two main strikers Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki in the January window, we have no excuses to expect anything less than a victory at the KC, tbh we should be gnawing the tigers

Hoof reckons Hull won't win another game & are destined for relegation
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:06 am According to my my bowls partner & good friend HOOF who is a season-ticket holder at Hull, after a conversation with him last night both Hull's CB's returned to the first team last weekend only to go off injured v Preston & Barnsley.

Tom Eaves their striker pick-up a serious injury & is out for the season, Eaves' loss is a further blow to Hull's attacking options after £1.5m signing James Scott was ruled out for the remainder of the campaign after being injured in his first training session.

Eric Lichaj and Herbie Kane, are also sidelined with similar injuries.

Add their injury woes plus the loss of their two main strikers Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki in the January window, we have no excuses to expect anything less than a victory at the KC, tbh we should be gnawing the tigers

Hoof reckons Hull won't win another game & are destined for relegation
They do have Malik Wilkes though...
The script is written.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:47 am They do have Malik Wilkes though...
The script is written.
You can't even throw that one in as a excuse Chilli :lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Sounds like Hull are pretty demoralised at the minute.

So will they park a fleet of buses and invite us to find a way through.

If we can get the ball to Bamford inside their six yard area, about a foot from the goal, with the ball coming onto his left, and with him facing the correct way, then I reckon we could come away with a point.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:07 am Sounds like Hull are pretty demoralised at the minute.

If we can get the ball to Bamford inside their six yard area, about a foot from the goal, with the ball coming onto his left, and with him facing the correct way, then I reckon we could come away with a point.
:)
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:07 am Sounds like Hull are pretty demoralised at the minute.

you mean you think he could score????? wow! thats what i call keeping the faith

personally, i would keep him out of the penalty area altogether, he is more likely to block a goalbound shot then to actually score
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

No team is easy in this division, even one in Hull’s position. I’m still scarred by QPR last season. They had lost 7 on the trot I recollect, we go there and play like a pub side and lose. So I’m genuinely just keeping fingers firmly crossed in hope not expectation.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Denman wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:47 pm No team is easy in this division, even one in Hull’s position. I’m still scarred by QPR last season. They had lost 7 on the trot I recollect, we go there and play like a pub side and lose. So I’m genuinely just keeping fingers firmly crossed in hope not expectation.
Always embarrassing getting beat by a team managed by Steve McLaren (his only victory for the hoops)

Bamford missed four chances, nothing unusual there!

QPR had Freeman, Eze & Wells......we had our secret weapon Izzy (frigging) Brown :(

Hopefully we have learned our lessons from playing like a pub-team, my god we'd have to be bad if we lose to 'ull's decimated team.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Assuming Casilla starts his ban tomorrow, Meslier and Kalvin to start tomorrow hopefully
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 pm Assuming Casilla starts his ban tomorrow, Meslier and Kalvin to start tomorrow hopefully
Immediate ban, Meslier starts tomorrow
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

We have our own Mesi. Go get em kidda !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Hull are in orange. With stripes. Like a tiger.

Please don't let us lose to that.
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

For the first time this season I couldn't get to watch a leeds match on ESPN... That was against Bristol City. We won. The next Saturday I chose not to watch the Eeading match, we won. Against Middlesbrough again I chose to purposefully avoid the gane, we won.

Call me supersitous but I can't watch the game tomorrow.

Keeping the faith stateside
hector

Post by hector »

Throw a brick through your TV, just in case you are tempted :mrgreen:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Bell
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Bell »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

hector wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:58 am Throw a brick through your TV, just in case you are tempted :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:

Leeds 1-0

Would love it to be bamford but it's hard to see
R0lferoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by R0lferoo »

Expecting a easy win today 3-0 bamford 2 Costa aswell...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

If Meslier gets the protection that Kiko had these last three games that is the "nil" part sorted.

Question.

If we get a penalty today ( and I feel we will)

Who takes it?
No confidence Paddy?
Klich even though he had an aberration against Forest? or was it Derby :duno:
Pablo?
Jack ( hit the post ) Harrison?

Anyone else?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

'