Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Hull site (fair commentary) & LUTV extended highlights up

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Meslier and Phillips Start

Post by YorkshireSquare »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:15 pm f**k it then .

I dont agree with the sentiment of the original post either but no need to offer someone out over it.

We've won four ina row, second in the table, one point off top. Why we having a pop at each other?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

YorkshireSquare wrote:
I dont agree with the sentiment of the original post either but no need to offer someone out over it.

We've won four ina row, second in the table, one point off top. Why we having a pop at each other?
An awesome victory gone to some folks heads, and being intoxicated by the result, have over imbibed in certain fermented beverages, to such a degree that the excessive use of expletives, is considered to be the height of repartee... that would be my guess.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:18 pm I dont agree with the sentiment of the original post either but no need to offer someone out over it.

he was out of order ..

so be it . i'll won't post again .

wrong uns.
Last edited by leic white 63 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Leeds will tear you apart again has a better ring to it :tup:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

One of the most interesting things today was the storybabout Bielsa calling a team meeting right afyer the Forest loss. Not sure if it was that evening or on the Monday afterwards, perhaps someone could clarify.

In any case it was superb management and also cooincided with Bielsa handing out the hugs in subsequent games.

Inspirational. Actions like that can lift the whole team.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 pm It was premiership stuff, almost Real Madrid-esque :-D
Top class in fairness let’s hope we can keep it up. Momentum swinging our way, we play football that can go on a long winning run again
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:42 pm One of the most interesting things today was the storybabout Bielsa calling a team meeting right afyer the Forest loss. Not sure if it was that evening or on the Monday afterwards, perhaps someone could clarify.

In any case it was superb management and also cooincided with Bielsa handing out the hugs in subsequent games.

The thing with Bielsa as a manager, he doesn’t say much, but when he does it means something. Whatever was said has rallied the players anyway, what a man, not without his flaws but he will get this team up no matter what
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:42 pm

I'll refer you and others to Rab's point that, it's not only at the club but also on forums that positivity breeds positivity, that includes Paddy observations.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:05 pm I'll refer you and others to Rab's point that, it's not only at the club but also on forums that positivity breeds positivity, that includes Paddy observations.
You reckon he reads MOT?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:29 pm he was out of order ..

so be it . i'll won't post again .

wrong uns.
No he wasn't, it was an opinion, a valid one and one with his tongue at least slightly in his cheek. I don't appreciate being called a wrong un btw, I consider that an insult.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:07 pm You reckon he reads MOT?
Why not, it's not just mot, it's all the online trash, some talk about if they were players they'd not be interested in what goes on, on social media but these are people 50 plus who weren't bought up on it, most our players are -28 who were bought up on it, they read everything and it affects them. Can't believe people don't think it does.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:12 pm Why not, it's not just mot, it's all the online trash, some talk about if they were players they'd not be interested in what goes on, on social media but these are people 50 plus who weren't bought up on it, most our players are -28 who were bought up on it, they read everything and it effects them. Can't believe people doesn't think it does.

The longer you go without a goal the more likely to Google your own name to see what people are saying probably.
gessa

Post by gessa »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:14 pm The longer you go without a goal the more likely to Google your own name to see what people are saying probably.
Without a doubt.

I know these players are rewarded handsomely but they are human and mostly young lads.
I wonder when the next Gary Speed takes his own life and the haters state, we never knew he had problems with depression, if only we knew, we wouldn't have been such tw@ts toward him.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:19 pm Without a doubt.

I know these players are rewarded handsomely but they are human and mostly young lads.
I wonder when the next Gary Speed takes his own life and the haters state, we never knew he had problems with depression, if only we knew, we wouldn't have been such tw@ts toward him.

And it's one thing finding the stuff people write about you on places like this, problem with Twitter is people actually @ you with their s**t.

How is that ever going to help?
gessa

Post by gessa »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:21 pm And it's one thing finding the stuff people write about you on places like this, problem with Twitter is people actually @ you with their s**t.

How is that ever going to help?
Never will and very naive of folk to think it doesn't have an affect
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:14 pm Roberts did well but people going a bit over the top in regards to Bamford. The match situation usually sees Bamford in a penalty box with at least 9 opposition players as they park the bus whereas when Roberts was on Hull were committing men forward and there was loads more space. Great though that it will give Roberts confidence and the whole team beginning to get more confidence that we can score. Shame Costa and Harrison didn't score as the more players scoring the more goals will come in future matches.

Amazing the difference goals make to games. Because we scored early it forced Hull to come and play at us in the first half and at that point they still have energy. In the second half the early goal knocked the stuffing out of them and although they then tried to take the game to us their energy levels weren't anywhere near the same as the first half so it became easier and easier for us to pick them off and swarm forward.
Agree with all that.

Full credit to Tyler but 2 goals vs an open and demoralised Hull side dont mean he can take all the physical stuff Bamford does from minute 1 when teams sit back and leave very little space.

Can his body even stand up to that ? We dont know.

Thought Costa and Harrison deserved a goal.

Costa takes care of the ball better then JH for me and is starting to show the sort of player we expected.

JH has this infuriating habit of making the difficult look easy (that awesome shot that hit the bar) and taking the ball past players with next to no space. And then making the easy the 1v1 where he delayed and the breaking chance where he just had to put it round the 1 defender look hard.

Sky showed a stat where we have won 19 out of 19 when scoring first away i think.

Not a shock as you say for the reasons you say.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Interesting interview with Noel Hunt here, fits in with the Paddy chat going on.

https://www.the42.ie/noel-hunt-on-socia ... 7-Feb2020/
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

All season I've the debated the do we create bad chances or are we terrible at finishing question. Harrison and Costa have copped it quite a bit for having a poor final ball. Today I say them but in good ball after good ball, but there was no one in the box to finish them. Stick Roberts on and suddenly there is someone to finish off the chances.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:12 pm Why not, it's not just mot, it's all the online trash, some talk about if they were players they'd not be interested in what goes on, on social media but these are people 50 plus who weren't bought up on it, most our players are -28 who were bought up on it, they read everything and it affects them. Can't believe people don't think it does.
Gessa if I was abusing Bamford or anyone else I would hold my hand up to it.

But during the game sometimes there is a bit of in game banter, as there is when we go to games,today was an example.
I cant help who reads what is written here and for that reason I am careful what I say.

Someone wrote on here that it was ok to throw missiles at rival players at Elland Road.
It isnt.
I said so.
Most didnt say anything.
But it was in the heat of the game that those comments were made and we move on.

As I said todays comments had a context also.

Take them as such.

But please do not link me with online trolls whose only agenda is to tear people down.

And if I have misread your comments please accept my apologies but I leave them open for others to read.

Now contrary to opinion I am going to now going to have a drink before bed.
'
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:40 pm Gessa if I was abusing Bamford or anyone else I would hold my hand up to it.

But during the game sometimes there is a bit of in game banter, as there is when we go to games,today was an example.
I cant help who reads what is written here and for that reason I am careful what I say.

Someone wrote on here that it was ok to throw missiles at rival players at Elland Road.
It isnt.
I said so.
Most didnt say anything.
But it was in the heat of the game that those comments were made and we move on.

As I said todays comments had a context also.

Take them as such.

But please do not link me with online trolls whose only agenda is to tear people down.

And if I have misread your comments please accept my apologies but Inkeave them open for others to read.

Now contrary to opinion I am going to now going to have a drink before bed.
Ian I wasn't posting my opinions towards you I do think you and others do quip or worse at Bamford, not just match day but throughout the week too . Is he perfect, obviously no, did I want him when we signed him, in all honesty, no but what i truly believe is that he gives his all and I've always supported a player who gives 100% over ability, but I honestly don't think he has given his all the last 3/4 games and the reason I believe this is, things are getting to him such as the abuse he gets on forums and social media, like I said previously, these are young men who's lives have been all about what goes on online, so it's easy to say don't read it, but that's easier said than done.

Enjoy your midnight snifter , I know i will enjoy mine
Leannna
Last edited by gessa on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.