The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 28th February) - Bielsa on Real Betis radar

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 28th February) - Bielsa on Real Betis radar

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It;s Friday 28th February, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Phil Hay - Bielsa on Real Betis radar

Real Betis are understood to have Marcelo Bielsa's name on a shortlist to succeed under fire Manager Rubi. The Seville outfit have had a really disappointing season . After high expectations of European football next season, Betis find themselves in 13th place in La Liga. The former Spanish International winger has had 13 Managerial appoints in 18 years.

Phil Hay has been investigating, and reports the following:-

There was a story earlier this week about Real Betis taking an interest in Bielsa. What I loved about the story, and I’m told it is true, they do genuinely like him and they’ve got him on the list if they decide to make a change.

But what I love about this story is that on the list it’s Bielsa and Pellegrini, and you think well it’s got Pellegrini written all over it that has.

I got in touch with a few people close to him [Bielsa] and said ‘what do you think?’, and they said there’s no issue with this, if Leeds are going up then he’s going with them and there’s no real prospect of him not wanting to manage in the Premier League.

But if they don’t go up then he’s finished here, and everyone knows that and he knows that and there’s no pretence this will go on for a third season.

And because he is human and because he does feel football in the way everyone else does, and sometimes in a more extreme level, the goals must matter to him possibly more than ever before because he’s aware there isn’t going to be a third season, a third chance if this doesn’t happen.

Has Augustin got La Hump?

Just over one month into his £1.6m loan deal, the 22 year old has managed just 49 minutes of football. Now, suddenly he has a muscle injury that kept him sidelined against Boro midweek, and according to Bielsa's consequent post match interview, will rule the striker out of this weekends crunch derby at the KCOM Stadium. I am wondering to myself, if Augustin is frustrated at his lack of opportunities, especially with Bamford firing more blanks than a jaffa!

There was a perfect opportunity a week ago art Reading where Leeds had gone a goal ahead on the hour mark, for the French man to brush off the cob webs, yet Bielsa decided to stick with Bamford!

If (and hopefully when) Leeds go up, they are obligated to purchase the former PSG front man for an additional £17.8m. Surely Victor Orta ws working with Bielsa when they bought Augustin to the club. If not, what kind of tension will this cause between them?

Ayling - Dallas is 'a different class'

Leeds full back Luke Ayling believes that team mate Stuart Dallas is playing the best football of his career at the moment. Speaking to the press the former Bristol City and Arsenal defender said:-
Stu is brilliant. He's played four or five positions this year and has been probably our best player every single time he's played in those positions.

I'm glad that he's found a home at left-back and not right back, so I'm pleased with that! But he's brilliant you know. He runs all day. He gets up, he gets back. He's in the form of his life, he's like a different class.

Three clean sheets on the bounce is always nice. I think we went quite a long time without getting one, so that will fill us with massive confidence.

There were chances for us to score goals today but the biggest thing for us was that they only had one shot on target which was late on and came off our player. Our goalie saved it quite easily.

I think that's a big positive for us tonight. I think in the last four games, I don't think teams haven't had many shots so us boys know that if we have a good base back there, the boys up top will take care of the rest.

gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 28th February) Has Augustin got La hump?

Post by gessa »

I don't think it's a coincidence that the clean sheets have come since Dallas replaced Alio at left back.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 28th February) - Bielsa on Real Betis radar

Post by The Subhuman »

WTF has Hay been smoking, why does he like a story that takes MB away?

Augustin has a walk away clause I think, even if we do go up and ditto Poveda
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:00 am I don't think it's a coincidence that the clean sheets have come since Dallas replaced Alio at left back.
Although stone wall pen against him should have given Boro a chance to equalize. Less certain Ayling from the week before but a good shout there.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:51 am
Has Augustin got La Hump?

Just over one month into his £1.6m loan deal, the 22 year old has managed just 49 minutes of football. Now, suddenly he has a muscle injury that kept him sidelined against Boro midweek,
Just over a month - how many times do people need to be reminded that from day 1 Bielsa said JKA needed a month before he would be considered to start matches? Why do people keep trying to cause tension - oh yes it is to get clicks.

If Bielsa says a player needs a month then that player needs a month. It is not Bielsa going back on his word it is Bielsa being as honest as he always is. Training in cold weather it is quite easy to get a muscle pull and quite rightly the medical staff will want it to heal and being a 1 or 2 week injury than risking it getting worse and potentially ruling him out for the rest of the season.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:11 am Although stone wall pen against him should have given Boro a chance to equalize. Less certain Ayling from the week before but a good shout there.
I seem to remember Alio giving away a penalty and getting away with another quite recently too
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:11 am Although stone wall pen against him should have given Boro a chance to equalize. Less certain Ayling from the week before but a good shout there.
We have survived three pen shouts in theclast three games, two against Ayling ( the Bristol one shoukd have been given) Reading ( more a 50/50) and Boro where the FC struck Dallas who was just trying to block it. Harsh to attach blame to Dallas there.

Dallas looks happier and the team more solid with him in defence.

Morning Folks.

Re Phil Hay, I think what he likes is Bielsa being preferred over Pellegrini.

But we all know there is only one way Bielsa stays beyond May...

Dunno if Kev has the hump but it we were expecting to see some minutes against Reading.
My back of a fag packet calculations reveal Kevs 49 minutes have cost us £13000 a minute, when you factor in loan fees and wages.
Ouch.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

LOL another 'is Kev pissed off article'.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:00 am I don't think it's a coincidence that the clean sheets have come since Dallas replaced Alio at left back.
I argued this in late December/January when Alioski & Douglas were making a pigs ear of that position, it was no coincidence we were leaking goals once Dallas was moved out of the back four especially as he has become an accomplished wing-back. As a football fan who believes in decent defending & clean sheets I was absolutely stunned after the Cardiff & Birmingham games, yes we gained four points but that was the start of what was to come not defending efficiently, leaking in silly goals & dropping points galore as we fell apart at the back!

I posted up my praise & the case for Dallas in the last couple of weeks & still some fans objected to my point of view, my old mucker (Riot) who stands near me at games defends Ali to the hilt, we'll agree to disagree on that one!

I've only missed the Luton game this season & in that time I have come to the conclusion we have the best two wing-backs (Dallas & Ayling (Luke has received unnecessary stick too) in the championship.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Was it stonewall?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:45 am I seem to remember Alio giving away a penalty and getting away with another quite recently too
You know my opinion, he's a headless chicken & a liability at the back.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Along with Phillips, White, Klich & Hernandez :

Dallas is one of our best five players this season, to be honest I never thought I'd make this comment since we signed Stuart in 2014
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Precisely mate your earlier post ..end of main paragraph .When your not defending efficiently , not only the gifting of a goal here ^ there But silly errors coupled with poor communication it only leads to "falling apart". Precisely what went on last May. "
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:15 am Was it stonewall?
Unfortunately i didn't see the game, so not able to comment
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 am Along with Phillips, White, Klich & Hernandez :

Dallas is one of our best five players this season, to be honest I never thought I'd make this comment since we signed Stuart in 2014
Top 3 in player of the season?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

top 3 for Player of the season so far

1) Phillips
2) Klich
3) Dallas
4) Harrison due to vast improvement from last season
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:14 am Just over a month - how many times do people need to be reminded that from day 1 Bielsa said JKA needed a month before he would be considered to start matches? Why do people keep trying to cause tension - oh yes it is to get clicks.

If Bielsa says a player needs a month then that player needs a month. It is not Bielsa going back on his word it is Bielsa being as honest as he always is. Training in cold weather it is quite easy to get a muscle pull and quite rightly the medical staff will want it to heal and being a 1 or 2 week injury than risking it getting worse and potentially ruling him out for the rest of the season.
The truth is out there Mr Weasel...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 am Unfortunately i didn't see the game, so not able to comment
I thought the fouls on Harrison & Costa were more clear cut
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:16 pm I thought the fouls on Harrison & Costa were more clear cut
Harrison's was 100% a penalty and the Boro player knew it as well.
Costa's was only 50/50 for me.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I think I need to come up with some alternative headlines, those Gonzo Journalist are just not cutting it anymore with their click bait titles.

CHILD CHOKES ON HARD BOILED SWEET- BIELSA ARRESTED FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER.

LEEDS STAR ACE IN SHOCK MOVE - BAMFORD JOINS BON JOVI ROCK BAND.

LEEDS FRENCH STRIKER GETS THE HUMP - BIG KEV PHOTOGRAPHED IN LEEDS RED LIGHT DISTRICT.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk