Breaking news - Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Re: Breaking news - Casilla

Post by BobHirst »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:44 pm So 'mark that black man in Spanish' is racist

Why am I not surprised by the FA actions
This is a genuine question. I don't live in England anymore so would saying "mark that black man" in English be considered racist ?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:50 pm This is a genuine question. I don't live in England anymore so would saying "mark that black man" in English be considered racist ?
I think most wouldn't now use race as a signifier when it wasn't absolutely necessary.

The point with Kiko seems to be that it has less of a negative connotation to do so in Spanish.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

That is ludicrous.
An example....
So Augustin could potentially make a false accusation on an opposition white player and make it out that he was racially abused and lodge a complaint to the ref then that player gets a ban on " Probability " .

Wow and it's taken the FA 5 Months to come to this conclusion.

Anything to try and screw our Season . How's the investigation going with Derby?
Bunch of pricks.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I’d rather wait until we find out what was said.

But we knew it as going to happen, the conspiracy theorists will have their day, as will the newspapers.

The players can make their feelings known first up by hammering Hull
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:08 am I think most wouldn't now use race as a signifier when it wasn't absolutely necessary.

The point with Kiko seems to be that it has less of a negative connotation to do so in Spanish.
But 1 it shouldn’t be and 2 he plays in a country which has fought a long battle to stamp racism out of football.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:26 am But 1 it shouldn’t be and 2 he plays in a country which has fought a long battle to stamp racism out of football.
Sorry, don't follow...?
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

This is such a crock of sh*t.

Let's assume for a moment that the EFL is acting in good faith and Kiko is well and truly guilty (which... let's say, I have my doubts). The fact it took five months to drop the verdict on the season's home stretch just stinks to high hell.

I always poo-poo'd those who felt the EFL had it in for us, but this... It's hard not to see the timing chosen as the most disruptive possible. Even at 8 games, he's effectively been banned for the remainder of the campaign. Can't see him coming back and finding form with 3 to go.

Unbelievable. All of it.
Oz Leeds
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Oz Leeds »

Is there no appeal process?

Seems ridiculous that anyone anywhere could be punished when guilt is clearly not proven.

I doubt this outcome could or would happen in any other sporting league in the world.

Taking it to the courts seems a no brainer to me.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Absolutely incredulous with this. Its taken 5 months to actually even get to the place where the hearing is done. Over a week since the hearing took place for them to come to their conclusion and are punishing him 'on the balance of probability'. And deciding to make the announcement on a Friday night before a midday kick off just stinks.
Regardless of the law of the land. One of your basic human rights is that you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. Not innocent until a corrupt organisation takes the word of one man (whose parent club are one of our promotion rivals) and his mate.
Just forgetting the ban for a second, Kiko has to live with this for the rest of his career. I don't think the club would be as behind him as they are if they thought he'd done it either.
Finally, that Hull post, i hope their media man takes a good long look at himself and shakes his head. Such ill timing for something like that and actually for me completely negates the point he is making.

P.S. I don't condone racism in any form. It is wrong and needs addressing but punishing an innocent man on the balance of probability is ludicrous.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

The Law:

Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

The FA:

Innocent until PROBABLY guilty

This case hasn’t done anything to eradicate racism in football other than cast doubt over the whole “kick it out”campaign. Pointing the finger at an innocent man who probably said the word Black but probably wasn’t aimed at Leko in a racist way
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

based on the statement surely the club and kiko will appeal the verdict .

it's frankly ridiculous even the FA should realise they are subject to english law and not some kangaroo style court.

ffs the FA will be accusing us next for being racists for playing in a all white kit !
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

leic white 63 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:22 am based on the statements so far surely the club and kiko will appeal the verdict .

it's frankly ridiculous even the FA should realise they are subject to english law and not some kangaroo style court.

ffs the FA will be accusing us next for being racists for playing in a all white kit !
All in probability, it will be no big loss, life goes on and all the indignation won't impact anything.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:50 pm This is a genuine question. I don't live in England anymore so would saying "mark that black man" in English be considered racist ?
Probably would be considered racist Bob

If someone called me a white man I wouldn't be offended as they are just colours in my mind.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Here's my take on this.

The amount of time this has taken and the end result is unprofessional and unjust. Kiko has clearly been deeply affected by this and his press release was very heartfelt and I feel really sorry for him. Its clearly affected his life for many months and this could explain his errors and lack of confidence on the pitch.

I really feel the EFL/FA have just embarrassed themselves again. They've set a precedent that if two persons say you did something on a football pitch then you're guilty and to be hung drawn and quartered, doesn't matter if the charge is unsubstantiated :evil:

Why, when the clubs know what pathetic specimens work for the EFL and FA could they not have sorted this out between them? Maybe I'm naive, but I would've sat Kiko and Leko together and just had them talk the incident through together and clear it up immediately. If there was any misunderstanding/offence caused then why not sort it out as men?

I don't know what Kiko's said or what he's been accused of saying, but I'll stick by him as he's one of ours. He shoud fight this all the way and try to get his reputation cleared. What expertise do the FA/EFL have in matters of discrimination? I'll take a wild guess = none. Also, Leeds' statement on this indicates that although they supported Kiko during the process, they have now drawn a line under the matter and want it forgotten.

If Leko and his buddy are so sensitive to any perceived discrimination then what the heck are they doing playing for Lee Bowyer? I loved Bowyer as a player for us, but have a look back at his past, the Woodgate court case, the McDonald's case when he was at Charlton, and his bust up with Dyer at Newcastle on the pitch = a colourful past ;-)

That comment by Hull was absolutely pathetic, what a bunch of low-lifes. I really hope we use this to galvanise all of us and get out there and smash Hull today and get promoted early. I'd love us to smash Charlton in the last match and relegate them, and for Leko to get plenty of (non-raicst) abuse. Ideally Kiko will be back in the nets for that match and will keep a clean sheet for us.

The FA/EFL have not done us any favours here, as if Meslier gets injured then we're up the creek on the run in.

Lets be clear, I don't and never will tolerate discrimination in any form.

MOT, we're going up :ok:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:47 am Probably would be considered racist Bob

If someone called me a white man I wouldn't be offended as they are just colours in my mind.
Would be ok, if the player had just come from a shift down't pit and hadn't had tiem to shower before playing :lol:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Only just seeing this news this morning and although I'm disgusted with the decision I'm not shocked.
The balance of probably my arse.
If my memory serves me correctly it's only a few years ago that John Terry was clearly seen on camera calling Anton Ferdinand a black c**t and he got away with it!
No mention of him a racist.
One rule for one.....

All we can do now is get promoted and have the last laugh on those who have sought to derail us.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:02 am Absolutely incredulous with this. Its taken 5 months to actually even get to the place where the hearing is done. Over a week since the hearing took place for them to come to their conclusion and are punishing him 'on the balance of probability'. And deciding to make the announcement on a Friday night before a midday kick off just stinks.
Regardless of the law of the land. One of your basic human rights is that you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. Not innocent until a corrupt organisation takes the word of one man (whose parent club are one of our promotion rivals) and his mate.
Just forgetting the ban for a second, Kiko has to live with this for the rest of his career. I don't think the club would be as behind him as they are if they thought he'd done it either.
Finally, that Hull post, i hope their media man takes a good long look at himself and shakes his head. Such ill timing for something like that and actually for me completely negates the point he is making.

P.S. I don't condone racism in any form. It is wrong and needs addressing but punishing an innocent man on the balance of probability is ludicrous.
Absolutely well said mate, I've said the same in my post.

Kikos' has to live with this for the rest of his life. The one thing I also stated is that though LUFC supported Kiko during the process they are clearly distancing themselves now and wish to draw a line under the issue, at least that's my interpretation of their statement.

MOT, lets all get behind Kiko and the lads and get promoted = two gingers to Leko, his mate, Charlton, the EFl and FA. I was also very disappointed with Paul Robinson's comments, better keeping his gob shut, he was shite for England.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

This will only spur us on to greater things imo. The lads will give even more now for their mate Kiko . The FL can go f**k themselves when we are promoted and just to rub it in a bit we'll hammer those c**ts from London in the last match. Football is corrupt from top to bottom !!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Maltawhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Maltawhite »

Trying to put some unbiased shoes on my only explanation is that in today's #metoo culture they would probably rather look to get a decision wrong and make someone guilty than look racist themselves. It's sadly the only reason I can think of. Of course I don't have unbiased shoes and they can f off.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:47 am If someone called me a white man I wouldn't be offended as they are just colours in my mind.
You can only say that though, because, as a white person in this country, the colour of your skin hasn't adversely affected the way people see you and treat you.

It isn't a level playing field.