Vive la Meslier

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Vive la Meslier

Post by Cjay »

(I dont know if the translation is accurate or makes any sense but it seemed a supportive thing to say) :lol:

So Kiko has been banned (announced Friday night before a lunchtime Saturday kickoff).

Now Illan has his chance.

He earned rave reviews and has got a sort of cult status from his Arsenal performance and recently clips of him going loopy with joy when we score has raised his standing even further amongst the LUFC support.

But now he is our number 1 (at least for 8 games) and the pressure will be far different to the Arsenal game.

We as a fanbase have high expectations and project those upon the players.

Meslier is 19 with only 31 first team matches to his name.

A free hit vs Arsenal doesnt compare to the pressure he will be under now.

So just in case he happens to peek at message boards.

nous avons foi en toi Illan, MOT. :tup:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Vive la Meslier

Post by Sara »

Looking forward to seeing him play. He seemed very calm and confident for a young player. Best of luck, Ilan!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Didn’t have a great deal to do, but what he did very accomplished, confident and just took everything in his very long stride, looking like we are in safe hands
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Yes his handling did look pretty safe today didn’t it!
maltrain
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by maltrain »

I'm happy with the ban, because I don't trust in Kiko. He isn't a bad goalkee´per, but I don't like those who don't catch easy or normal balls, only giving chances to the rivals.

I trust on Meslier.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

In the tunnel pre game he did look a bit weedy standing along side the Hull keeper ironically named Long..

Meslier went for catches today where Kiko would have parried or punched. Which is GOOD in the main.
I liked the look of him, I wasnt getting those butterflies every time the ball went near him.
His distribution was hit and miss but he did look a safe pair of hands.

He will make mistakes but overall I feel the defence can give him their trust.

Stay fit young man.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:55 pm In the tunnel pre game he did look a bit weedy standing along side the Hull keeper ironically named Long..

Meslier went for catches today where Kiko would have parried or punched. Which is GOOD in the main.
I liked the look of him, I wasnt getting those butterflies every time the ball went near him.

Stay fit young man.

Came for balls well, his hands about a foot higher then everyone around him.

Wasn't tested too much by shots but claimed a few low down and looked to be getting to the one that hit the bar.

Distribution was a bit hit an miss but we know he can ping a pass. Defence also have to get used to playing back to a left footed keeper rather than a right footed one.

I had absolutely no worries about him being between the sticks today.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:55 pm In the tunnel pre game he did look a bit weedy standing along side the Hull keeper ironically named Long..

Stay fit young man.

My lad did comment on their keeper looking like a monster.

Loved the way our lads were geeing Meslier up at every opportunity.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:21 pm My lad did comment on their keeper looking like a monster.

Loved the way our lads were geeing Meslier up at every opportunity.
This squad are so together :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Like that teams will now be forced to change their tactics against us. They all crowded Kiko at corners, but they don't know anything about Meslier and what his weaknesses are. Also he saved a lot of penalties for u23s.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:56 pm Like that teams will now be forced to change their tactics against us. They all crowded Kiko at corners, but they don't know anything about Meslier and what his weaknesses are. Also he saved a lot of penalties for u23s.
If they want to do their homework they would be able to watch footage of him playing in France. All managers do loads of research - don't you listen to Frank Lampard? ;-)