Elvis Costello

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Elvis Costello

Post by John in Louisiana »

As many of you know, I will be traveling to Leeds next week to attend my first-ever game at Elland Road. I'll be in Yorkshire for a week.

A number of weeks back I purchased a ticket to see Elvis Costello in Manchester on Thursday, 12 March. As it turns out, though, I will be spending the evening at a different performance in Sheffield. So I have no need for the Elvis ticket.

I don't know anyone in England except all of you here on this forum, and I would like to see the ticket go to someone who would appreciate it. I most certainly don't want to see it fall into the hands of some scalper.

So if you would like the ticket (and I'm sorry, but it is a single ticket) please send me a PM and we can work out how I can get it to you. I did pay fifty pounds for it, but I'm far more concerned about it going to someone deserving than I am about getting any or all of my money back. No reasonable offer will be refused. In fact, an unreasonable offer will probably meet with success if you're a regular contributor to these pages.

Cheers!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Elvis Costello

Post by The Subhuman »

Feared the worst when I saw the thread title...as you do. I'm way too far away to partake but strangely I actually prefer to go to this sort of thing alone..Wonder if Sara is closer?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lets hope your aim is true John.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:57 pm Feared the worst when I saw the thread title...as you do. I'm way too far away to partake but strangely I actually prefer to go to this sort of thing alone..Wonder if Sara is closer?
Snap :shock:

Very kind of you John, but a bit too far for me.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'm reasonably close to Manchester, and do go there for gigs, but I'm not a Costello fan so it would be wasted on me, I'm afraid.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Well..............

Looks as though I'll have to find someone in a pub somewhere. Maybe I can get a couple of pints or a steak and kidney pie in exchange.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Phew like others I was worried when I saw the title.... love Elvis C and would love to go but I’m away for work but thanks for putting this up John hopefully someone on here can make the gig.

Hopefully you have a great time over here next week and Leeds put on a special performance for you MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I'm an Elvis fan too

Great voice and songs, and he doesn't want to go to Chelsea.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:23 am Well..............

Looks as though I'll have to find someone in a pub somewhere. Maybe I can get a couple of pints or a steak and kidney pie in exchange.
Are there not websites where you can sell on unwanted tickets? I'm sure I've bought tickets from somewhere like that. Does the ticket provider not have this facility? I could ask around friends to see if anyone is able to go, if you're desperate.

Hope you get it sorted and have a great time, anyway.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:02 am Are there not websites where you can sell on unwanted tickets? I'm sure I've bought tickets from somewhere like that. Does the ticket provider not have this facility? I could ask around friends to see if anyone is able to go, if you're desperate.

Hope you get it sorted and have a great time, anyway.
Paid for the ticket a couple of months ago, so while I would like to get some money for it, I won't be devastated if I don't. It's a sunk cost. Mostly, I want it to go to someone who will appreciate it

But more importantly, how can you not be a fan of Elvis Costello?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:21 am how can you not be a fan of Elvis Costello?
His nasal whiny voice, mainly.

Understand about the ticket, I have given them away in the past so they don't go waste. I also got free tickets for Jack White when someone else couldn't go. It's a nice thing to do.

Worst one was going to Manchester last year to see Massive Attack, and had to turn back at Buxton because of the snow. It was too late to do anything about it by then.