Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:40 pm Indeed we haven't done anything different since lockdown, should have been heading to St Ives, Cornwall tomorrow, doubt we'll holiday there until 2021 pending on the circumstances
We’re due to go to St. Ives at the end of September.
We should have been going to the Lake District tomorrow but that’s not happening :(
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Coronavirus - Lockdown in Leicester

Post by 1964white »

Lockdown in Leicester from Thursday

Only a matter of time before it appies nationally :(
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:41 am Lockdown in Leicester from Thursday

Only a matter of time before it appies nationally :(
Local lockdowns are what we can expect to see now Leon.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Exponentially more testing in Leicester, we'll probably find that it's the same in most cities and large towns...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 pm We’re due to go to St. Ives at the end of September.
We should have been going to the Lake District tomorrow but that’s not happening :(
We're going to the Lake District 11th-18th July but will definitely be maintaining social distancing.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 am Local lockdowns are what we can expect to see now Leon.
Pubs open this weekend, more travel here & abroad

Umbrella effect Ian

Boom!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 am We're going to the Lake District 11th-18th July but will definitely be maintaining social distancing.
Good luck Chilli, plenty of space up there away from Windermere.

Hopefully we'll make our holiday in Northumbria booked for September. I'll be cross & ranting if we miss out especially as millions have been on their jollies in recent weeks with more to come in July/August
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:37 pm We’re due to go to St. Ives at the end of September.
We love St Ives Finn :love: our annual destination sadly missed out last week.

Impossible to isolate down there unfortunately, so two Cornish holidays on our agenda in 2021 fingers crossed.
1964white

Re: Coronavirus - Face Masks Compulsory

Post by 1964white »

Face Masks compulsory in England's shops from next Friday

Why next Friday & why we have waited so long since March god only knows

Get use to wearing them folks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-53389647
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:04 am Hopefully we'll make our holiday in Northumbria booked for September. I'll be cross & ranting if we miss out especially as millions have been on their jollies in recent weeks with more to come in July/August

We're off up there early August
hector

Post by hector »

I was out in Salisbury early this moring for work... I noticed a distinct lack of runners and dog walkers, that were there at the beginning of April..

Are they all suddenly fit and healthy??
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:57 pm I was out in Salisbury early this moring for work... I noticed a distinct lack of runners and dog walkers, that were there at the beginning of April..

Are they all suddenly fit and healthy??
Noticed the same thing around here hector....I put it down to people returning to work
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 am We're going to the Lake District 11th-18th July but will definitely be maintaining social distancing.
Nice 👍
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:10 am We love St Ives Finn :love: our annual destination sadly missed out last week.

Impossible to isolate down there unfortunately, so two Cornish holidays on our agenda in 2021 fingers crossed.
It’s our favourite too.
We go every year, sometimes twice!
We get the Night Riviera if possible, that way we don’t lose a day or two travelling 🙂
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:54 pm We're off up there early August
Where about are you staying Adam?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

0AFE39AF-5F3A-4BB7-918F-38743E109C8F.jpeg
Just need the sawnoff now.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:26 pm Where about are you staying Adam?

We usually go to the coast Seahouses area but this time we are going Corbridge way.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'll probably use what I do when sanding down at work...a t shirt. Every time I try to buy face masks they're sold out and I ain't Kirsty Alsop..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:24 pm We usually go to the coast Seahouses area but this time we are going Corbridge way.
We stayed at a beautiful interior designed three floor cottage overlooking the river in Corbridge on our first two visits to Northumbria

We love the coast too much so Seahouses it is again staying in a apartment next to the Old Ship with all the windows looking out onto the North Sea with the Farne & Holy Islands in the distance

All pending not having a corona spike in the next couple of months, believe me I'll be furious if that was the case after missing out on three weekend breaks & our Cornish holiday in late June. We had to pop to the bank this morning & the way people were behaving I wouldn't be at all surprised :(
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:09 pm We stayed at a beautiful interior designed three floor cottage overlooking the river in Corbridge on our first two visits to Northumbria

We love the coast too much so Seahouses it is again staying in a apartment next to the Old Ship with all the windows looking out onto the North Sea with the Farne & Holy Islands in the distance

All pending not having a corona spike in the next couple of months, believe me I'll be furious if that was the case after missing out on three weekend breaks & our Cornish holiday in late June. We had to pop to the bank this morning & the way people were behaving I wouldn't be at all surprised :(
I very much hope you get your holiday.

I was planning on hopping a plane to the UK to be in Leeds for the day we (hopefully) earn promotion, but Americans are persona non grata right now (and with good reason, I'm afraid).