Coronavirus

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Coronavirus - Lockdown in Leeds precariously close

Post by rab_rant »

BobHirst wrote:None of the oppression or conspiracy arguments posted above alters the FACT that around 200,000 more deaths than in an average year have occurred in the USA this year.
Most likely heart failure when they think that Donald Trump will get another 4 years in power.

when people are insecure and fearful then they usually want right-wing governments to maintain law and order and this will mean against all odds Trump will most likely succeed.

and you will have all the makings of a civil war on your hands.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Post by BobHirst »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:17 pm Most likely heart failure when they think that Donald Trump will get another 4 years in power.

when people are insecure and fearful then they usually want right-wing governments to maintain law and order and this will mean against all odds Trump will most likely succeed.

and you will have all the makings of a civil war on your hands.

Re: Donald Trump, completely agree with you.
But stop ignoring FACTS. The virus is real and this year (so far) around 200,000 deaths, above the average, have occurred in the USA.
You appear to not agree with how the situation is being handled by "the authorities". What should they be doing?
Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Covid cases in hospital currently 743, 76 on ventilation. (England). Maybe a little perspective is required sometimes. As to limiting the spread of viruses in future, impossible due to global travel unless we want shut downs on a yearly basis. Everyone up for that?
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

I'm assuming lockdown in Leeds would mean no football at ER?
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:21 am Covid cases in hospital currently 743, 76 on ventilation. (England). Maybe a little perspective is required sometimes. As to limiting the spread of viruses in future, impossible due to global travel unless we want shut downs on a yearly basis. Everyone up for that?
Is that pure Covid cases or underlying causes exacerbated by Covid, or even just people on ventilators with covid which is asymptomatic. What's the normal figure for patients on ventilators?
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Confirmed Covid cases all the nesscerary information on the gov website, ventilation stats just removed.
Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Think the perspective bit was nigh on 68 million reside in the uk
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

All a case of using stats to suit that particular agenda. Take recently and Oldham put back into lockdown (not that anybody took a blind bit of notice or adhered to it). All the media reported was how many new cases there were not the fact that there wasn't an increase in hospital admissions or deaths. So basically an increase in cases of people with no symptons having had positive tests. This was largely caused by a case where 30+ people all tested positive but it was linked to one household and their family and friends so likely 1 person had a bad case and everyone else was then tested regardless of whether they had had any symptons. Also on local radio every few minutes they were running the adverts to have a free test (5 times it was run in a 20 minute car journey). As such a lot more people will be having tests and as such there is bound to be more positive tests regardless of whether the people testing positive have any symptons.

Test 100 people one day and you get 20 positive cases and it goes unnoticed, test 10,000 people the next day and get 100 positive cases and suddenly it is big news because the amount of people testing positive has shot up by 5 times, yet the % of people testing positive is actually vastly reduced. Similar really as to how the amount of positive cases continued to increase at the start of the epidemic whilst coincidentally the amount of tests carried out per day increased far quicker.

Like I have always said protect the vulnerable and let the epidemic spread through the vast majority of the population where the % of people getting serious symptons (or death) will be miniscule - likely far less than the amount of people that die in traffic accidents.
Senor El Weasel
Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I'd have to agree in most part with that, but you have to ask yourself how many people are in a vulnerable position through their own actions. People really do need to start taking responsibility for themselves and not blame the state and every Tom Dick and Harry for their own failings. Anyway enough from me on this.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Agree with that weasel. The scaremongerers out there seem to latch on to whatever is the worst stat of the moment and publicise it. Surely one the key indicators of how we are coping should be the number of entries to hospital for covid....I live in the Doncaster area and despite daily new infections for weeks gone by, as of yesterday we apparently had 1 person in hospital with covid and they weren't in intensive care !! A bit of rationality is needed on the whole subject of covid.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

I think we're down to zero cases in Frimley Park Hospital, at least we were a couple of weeks ago. Easier to discover new cases so that number looks worse than it is. Can't call a spike without having accurate figures for positive cases pre testing ...
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

There have been 335 deaths in Finland out of a total population of 5.5 million. This makes a percentage of 0.00609090909%

headlines in the Finnish news is that nobody is in intensive care. Image

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

1 in 29 people tested positive in Leeds as the infection rate rises!

Of course some folk on here who don't live in Yorkshire or even anywhere near Leeds will claim the local press are scaremongering as the selfish young generation spread this horrible disease around one of UK's finest cities :(

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... oronavirus

Leeds News Live: Highest number of new coronavirus cases in one day since April as city on watch list
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:12 am 1 in 29 people tested positive in Leeds as the infection rate rises!

Of course some folk on here who don't live in Yorkshire or even anywhere near Leeds will claim the local press are scaremongering as the selfish young generation spread this horrible disease around one of UK's finest cities :(

Leeds News Live: Highest number of new coronavirus cases in one day since April as city on watch list
Not scaremongering at all '64... if it wasn't for the conspiracy theorists... this virus could have been controlled a lot better with a lot less intrusion ...
Side before self & MOT
hector

Post by hector »

I like my tin foil hat.....

I think it makes me look trendy and cool :mrgreen:
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:03 pm I like my tin foil hat.....

I think it makes me look trendy and cool :mrgreen:
Suits you too... :lol:
Side before self & MOT
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:12 am 1 in 29 people tested positive in Leeds as the infection rate rises!

No scaremongering. It's real. Living in the US, we've had 186,000 deaths.

The trends are clear. Shutdown - cases slow down. Open Up - cases go back up. We have to reopen. We need businesses to be in business. But we have to be careful about the whole thing. I love pubs, restaurants, and baseball games. But for now, I'm OK doing all that at home. I don't have the luxury of going to Elland Road any more, but even if I did, I'd be watching those games on TV.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

on my YouTube videos I am now getting adverts for a finnish Corona virus app which will inform you if you have been in contact with a person who has Corona.

do any of you have a similar app installed on your phone?

here is a link to a article on the application.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/firs ... p/11487870

hector

Post by hector »

I most certainly don't..

It is just another way for box to keep tabs on you....... :shhh: :shhh:

;-)
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

hector wrote:I most certainly don't..

It is just another way for box to keep tabs on you....... :shhh: :shhh:

;-)
Interesting!!! I got the impression that you were all for following government guidelines, and you would welcome any initiatives to keep covid19 in check.

Yet here you are tin hat firmly in place suspecting a conspiracy of an infringment of your civil liberties.