Criminally Underrated

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Criminally Underrated

Post by Cjay »

Outside of Elland Road.

Whenever people talk about us and our players individually you will hear tons of praise for Pablo Hernandez, Kalvin Phillips, Ben White.

Even players who havent been immune from criticism from us this season but have shown quality, Jack Harrison, Helder Costa, Luke Ayling, Stuart Dallas etc.

What you very rarely hear is praise for the man who was very unlucky to not be named fans player of the year last season and who has to be a leading candidate this season.

A man who has made 84 consecutive league starts.

A man who can be seen pressing the opposition goalie one minute and harassing the opposition striker the next.

Imo the coolest and calmest customer in the squad, he rarely panics, he doesnt give in to the rashness some of his teammates have in the past.

He is technically brilliant, he is able to create, he scores goals, makes tackles, reads the game brilliantly and is an example to everyone in terms of his professionalism, temperament and fitness.

He isnt our Captain but he shows leadership in how he is on the pitch and off it.

84 consecutive starts as a cm is impressive in any side, in this one that demands so much physically and mentally its a near miracle.

Almost stupidly cast aside he told the Elland Road board 2 years ago just before they sent him back to Holland that they were making a mistake and he would prove it.

He certainly has done that and even if he doesnt get the recognition he deserves outside of Elland Road we all know how key he has been and I'm sure MB knows that to.

Arise Sir Mateusz Klich.

We really appreciate you :love:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Criminally Underrated

Post by Sara »

Well said, Cjay. I'm sure he can step up to the premier league no problem.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

One of our best players this season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Best player at the club and will be my player of the season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 pm Best player at the club and will be my player of the season.
Indeed.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 pm Best player at the club and will be my player of the season.
Absolutely, my thoughts exactly. The man is quite simply a fantastic player. Undoubtedly my player of the season too. A PL player in waiting.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Agreed unconditionally
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

83 consecutive league starts now, isn't it? Absolutely ridiculous.........especially as, when Bielsa came, it looked like his time here might be at an end. He's an exceptionally consistent performer. That back heel in the lead up to the goal yesterday.........sumptuous.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Certainly the most consistent player this year, has never let the team down
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Someone on Facebook posted this up a few weeks back:

"If you watch the game, you don't see Klich. But if you watch Klich, you see the whole game"

Was actually first said about Busquets at Barca, but is equally fitting for our ever-ready CM. POTY without a shadow of a doubt. And to think we almost cast him aside.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:06 pm 83 consecutive league starts now, isn't it? Absolutely ridiculous.........especially as, when Bielsa came, it looked like his time here might be at an end. He's an exceptionally consistent performer. That back heel in the lead up to the goal yesterday.........sumptuous.
Sumptuous indeed :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Can anyone remember a bigger turnaround?

From seemingly on his way out the door to this?

If Forshaw hadnt have been injured start of MB's first season Klich would have probably been sold and no offense to Forshaw but i seriously doubt he would have had as close to the influence.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:14 pm Can anyone remember a bigger turnaround?

From seemingly on his way out the door to this?

If Forshaw hadnt have been injured start of MB's first season Klich would have probably been sold and no offense to Forshaw but i seriously doubt he would have had as close to the influence.
Definitely not Cjay

Forshaw doesn't have the same engine or super fuel in his locker.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Agreed
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

Absolutely, he's wonderful.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

The guy is a polish international, he will be a top performer in the premiership next season, with or without us, he’ll be snapped up if we don’t go up,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Hope he stays underrated and off the radar so that no one comes in for him this summer and we have the pleasure of watching him play fo4 the Mighty Whites next season
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

The mans a machine, runs constantly, not afraid of putting in tackles, his passing at times is sublime and in my humble opinion is the heart of the team, the engine room and we are lucky to have him.

My favourite player without a doubt