Positives from Covid-19

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Positives from Covid-19

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Living in a built up area with major roads and motorways nearby I’ve noticed how much quieter it’s become and as a result of about 75% less traffic and very few planes passing overhead the air quality is now on a par with the Yorkshire Dale, makes you realise how poor the air usually is.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Positives from Covid-19

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:38 pm Living in a built up area with major roads and motorways nearby I’ve noticed how much quieter it’s become and as a result of about 75% less traffic and very few planes passing overhead the air quality is now on a par with the Yorkshire Dales, makes you realise how poor the air usually is.
Must be a great feeling for the air to be noticeably different Rich
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

When I initially read the thread title I thought is one going to be list of (well known) people who have tested positively :shock:

You're right about the air quality though Rich - shame that this what has to happen to achieve it though isn't it !
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Positives are no more racist, tribal chanting from drunken yobs. No more arrests, swearing, drunken fights and pissing in shop doorways by drunkies. No more psychopathic planning by organisers of football crews. No more v signs, hand wobbling nor teasing of out numbered and saddened away supporters just wanting to watch a footy game and then get home in one piece.

An end to mahooosive overtime pay for coppers just init for the cash. An end to players diving like an Olympic swimmer or squirming around the penalty spot, like road kill, after being touched.

Lastly, because another virus is expected to morph from the SARS covid 19-2 virus (probably 3, 4 and then a 5) a continuing new world martial like law will mean an end to sports as we knew them. On the plus side at least British footballers will no longer feel entitled to 50, 100, 200 or even 300k per week, because with millions losing their jobs all over Europe and the USA a modern financial crash could make the great depression look like a walk in the park. If this is the plan and billions of souls are to suffer losing everything, WHO does all the raking?
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Even with the restrictions placed on normal life we are seeing people die, so I fail to see the point of anything that interferes with normal life.
We have been scaremongered to death without good reason and I don't see your predictions coming true BF.
I like your 1st paragraph, your 2nd is to the point but I disagree with your 3rd because it advocates that the nonsense continues indefinitely.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives are people are pulling together in many communities now
hector

Post by hector »

I have a positive experience of all this bollox..

Just before Xmas I received for the 1st time in my life a speeding ticket, I was booked at 33 in a 30 in a part of Southampton I have never been before.
I was offered a speed awareness course... this costs £85 and does not give you any points on your licence.. I booked it for today 1st April....

last week I received a letter from the filth, letting me know that due to the situation my offence has been removed from all records, and my course refund will be with me forthwith...

Woohoo!!!! result....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:25 am I have a positive experience of all this bollox..

Just before Xmas I received for the 1st time in my life a speeding ticket, I was booked at 33 in a 30 in a part of Southampton I have never been before.
I was offered a speed awareness course... this costs £85 and does not give you any points on your licence.. I booked it for today 1st April....

last week I received a letter from the filth, letting me know that due to the situation my offence has been removed from all records, and my course refund will be with me forthwith...

Woohoo!!!! result....
Now it's gone midday

Is this a April Fools Day spoof Hector?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

hector wrote:I have a positive experience of all this bollox..

Woohoo!!!! result....
Don't celebrate too soon the police could be pulling April fool on youImageImage

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am Now it's gone midday

Is this a April Fools Day spoof Hector?
not a spoof at all
chuffed to bits I am....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:35 am not a spoof at all
chuffed to bits I am....
You lucky sod, pleased for you Hector

I was on my way to Bridlington early yesterday morning, the police are always at one of the two spots they hide behind in their efforts to trap commuter traffic on their way to work. Noticeable no sign of them, my initial thoughts were they had abandoned their cameras because of the lack of traffic but of course it is a pointless exercise to catch motorists now as gatherings in small rooms is out of the question.
hector

Post by hector »

It has now been credited to my account
Annotation 2020-04-01 130839.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-01 130839.jpg (11.52 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Congratulations Hector!

A positive I notice is the number of people getting out for a daily walk. It's good, not just for the exercise, but for the increased contact with nature.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Norm wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:04 am I disagree with your 3rd because it advocates that the nonsense continues indefinitely.
Regarding a repeat of the Great Depression then the nonsense continuing indefinitly does make some sense.

Because recessions don't happen mysteriously they are in fact a very real consequence of the boom and bust economics of Western democracies and their banking infrastructure. Organising democracy and electing popular government hides a deeper state from the public eye and it is this deep state that credits Britain's (worlds) money supply by creating credit and making it available to their respective Govs.

The nonsense here is creating credit from nothing. Take for instance creating a house.
One mines rocks from the ground turning them into bricks. Cement and Sand are mined then mixed together and then walls are built. Trees are chopped down and made into planks, tiles are cut from slate quarries and houses are built all from existing ingredients. In the case of banks credit is created from nothing and interest is then charged from this nothing. The problem is that the interest is not created and must be payed from the sweat and labour of the ordinary worker, after popular Gov has sorted out the discrepencies in the bankers books and the recession is then sorted yet again.

This virus is blown out of all proportion for a reason and me and many others suspect the global elite, or deep state, are up to something on a global scale. It's all guess work and something is becoming clear and that is that if the global economic disruption continues the ordinary worker stands to lose out once again.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

SaraM wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:39 pm increased contact with nature.
When I pop out for long summer walks through the woods, I often think of nature as a chance to experience a transcendental god, a being beyond our understanding.

Experiencing nature is to experience a being beyond our understanding, a cosmic being we are a part of. Just like microbes living and performing specific duties within our bodies without these microbes we would not exist. Likewise we humans perform specific duties and unless we perform those duties correctly we thus harm ourselves and the life of the Cosmic Being intern.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Realising our interconnectedness, with each other and with nature, is a spiritual process in my experience.

I also agree that the global financial system is created and managed largely to exploit ordinary workers. It's unsustainable, and we are likely to see turbulent times ahead.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Broad Ford wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:21 pm This virus is blown out of all proportion for a reason and me and many others suspect the global elite, or deep state, are up to something on a global scale. It's all guess work and something is becoming clear and that is that if the global economic disruption continues the ordinary worker stands to lose out once again.
Your opinion, sorry I don't think it is blown out of proportion.

Tell that to the medical staff who are suffering so much they are incapable of carrying their good work treating patients or those who have lost loved ones
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm Your opinion, sorry I don't think it is blown out of proportion.

Tell that to the medical staff who are suffering so much they are incapable of carrying their good work treating patients or those who have lost loved ones
You really need to read up on why this is happening. The surge that is overwhelming medical provision is largely being caused by mass panic. It certainly is being blown out of proportion if, as is the case so far, excess mortality from this disease is virtually zero.
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

SaraM wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:39 pm You really need to read up on why this is happening. The surge that is overwhelming medical provision is largely being caused by mass panic. It certainly is being blown out of proportion if, as is the case so far, excess mortality from this disease is virtually zero.
It is being caused by people who think lockdown does not apply to them

ie YOU

WE HAVE A LAW AGAINST MURDER AND ANOTHER AGAINST BREAKING THE LOCKDOWN

THINK ABOUT IT......JUST COS YOU HAPPEN TO DISAGREE WITH THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT GIVE YOU A RIGHT TO BE AN ANARCHIST
hector

Post by hector »

this topic is temporarily locked whilst the mods discuss this activity
abuse to other members is not looked on favourably.