The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd April) Double transfer given the green light by Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd April) Double transfer given the green light by Bielsa

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 2nd April, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Governing bodies of football release statement

A joint-statement released on Wednesday evening by the EFL, Premier League, FA and LMA read...

Senior representatives from the PFA, Premier League, EFL and LMA met today and shared a constructive meeting regarding the challenges facing the game as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The meeting reiterated that the overriding priority is the health and well-being of the nation - including that of players, coaches, managers, club staff and supporters – and everyone agreed football must only return when it is safe and appropriate to do so.

No decisions were taken today with discussions set to continue in the next 48 hours with a focus on several high-profile matters, including player wages and the resumption of the 2019/20 season.

Double deal given the green light by Bielsa

Marcelo Bielsa has given Leeds Director of Football the green light to make two permanent positions to the Leeds squad. French U20 shot stopper Illan Meslier has been in impressive form between the sticks for both the U23's and the first team. Bielsa was recently quoted as saying that Meslier was one of the best current talents in Europe. The Whites have an agreement with Lorient that they have an option to buy the French U20 International for 5m, and the transfer would need to go ahead before Mid May.

The other signing Bielsa has given the thumbs up to is Boro's 29 year old centre back Daniel Ayala. The 6ft 3in defender will become a free agent in the Summer, and is keen to work under Bielsa. It will be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets from the Leeds faithful as there are few players in the Championship less popular than the Spaniard.

Former England Ace questions Bielsa's treatment of Augustin

Soccer pundit Kevin Phillips has questioned Bielsa's decision to sideline French International Jean-Kevin Augustin from the Leeds squad. The former England International believes that a partly fit Augustin would cause problems for oppositions defences, especially when you consider the Whites have created more chances (by a Country mile) than to any other team in the Championship.

The 22 year old former PSG hitman has only accrued 49 minutes of game time since his arrival late in January, and was dropped from the squad after two games. Since then Augustin has picked up several knocks which has kept him out of action.

I would be amazed if he was not. What is the point in the kid coming to the football club if you are not going to play?

To not be in the squad when it is an area that Leeds knew they had to strengthen in and take the pressure off Bamford and he is not even on the bench? Unless he is carrying a knock. I do not know. It has baffled me.

Leeds created so many chances you think that had Augustin been playing they might have converted. Fully expect him to be involved in the next game. If I was the player, I would be scratching my head and I would be annoyed.

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd April) Double transfer given the green light by Bielsa

Post by HarryofOz »

Good thinking by the football authorities

Good thinking by Bielsa

Too much time on his hands by Phillips
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd April) Double transfer given the green light by Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

Ayala on a free would be a excellent signing

Tough, aggressive, some would say a dirty sod but if we signed him Ayala would be our dirty sod :-D
hector

Post by hector »

might deflect some of the flak away from Berra if he is still here
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Hope they get to complete the season otherwise it’s going to be chaos with a large number of lawyers making a lot of money

Spider boy get him signed up

Ayala would be a good addition to the team, gives us lots of experience, height, aggression and actually he’s a pretty good footballer, he’s the player that all opposition supporters hate so he’ll fit in well here

Glad to see Kevin is self isolating, just a pity he’s got bugger all else to do but comment on stuff he actually knows nothing about
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

EERRR! !!! Kevin, JKA was not fit to begin with then he got injured.

Get a grip.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:Ayala on a free would be a excellent signing

Tough, aggressive, some would say a dirty sod but if we signed him Ayala would be our dirty sod :-D
Can't stand Ayala but that's because he's a crafty as opposed to dirty player who seems to know where to be at the right times and always played well whenever I saw him. I'd take him on a free all day long especially if White is going back to Brighton. To have White ,Cooper and Ayala in the squad would be excellent .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:44 am EERRR! !!! Kevin, JKA was not fit to begin with then he got injured.

Get a grip.

There's no proof of that at all
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So is this a plan for the Championship or is Ayala prem quality still?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: There's no proof of that at all
On the bench for 6 months in france... only playing 49 minutes for first team and at most 45 minutes for U23... in addition Bielsa deemed him not up to scratch.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:20 am On the bench for 6 months in france... only playing 49 minutes for first team and at most 45 minutes for U23... in addition Bielsa deemed him not up to scratch.

That's not proof though and Tyler Roberts came straight back in on less game/training time. He was fit when he arrived. The up to scratch thing maybe true, and would tally with why bother getting him in Jan in the first place.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: That's not proof though and Tyler Roberts came straight back in on less game/training time. He was fit when he arrived. The up to scratch thing maybe true, and would tally with why bother getting him in Jan in the first place.
Is it because 'e's black????

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

rab_rant wrote:Is it because 'e's black????

Bielsa must have known that beforehand Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:22 am Good thinking by the football authorities

Good thinking by Bielsa

Too much time on his hands by Phillips
Great, succinct comment.