Sky news report - The Red zone

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Sky news report - The Red zone

Post by hector »

Just watched this......

I am not going to comment, but it has opened my eyes a bit.....

gessa

Re: Sky news report - The Red zone

Post by gessa »

Interesting part for me was, people here saying that any death and the patient has the virus then it's put down as a CV death. He said it is the opposite.

I did say before, my information about this as come from people working front line, that's why we mostly closed ourselves down before it became official. People make their own minds up, what they do, but our decision was to give our family as much protection from this as possible.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

gessa wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:02 pm Interesting part for me was, people here saying that any death and the patient has the virus then it's put down as a CV death. He said it is the opposite.

I did say before, my information about this as come from people working front line, that's why we mostly closed ourselves down before it became official. People make their own minds up, what they do, but our decision was to give our family as much protection from this as possible.
We did the same Ges, my wife works for the NHS (CCG) and has worked from home for 3 1/2 weeks now and she’s on conference calls from early morning till late evening trying to ensure the correct drugs are available in the right place, (she’s a pharmacist not a drug dealer)!! There’s a real shortage atm due to world demand so should you need treatment it’s not only worrying about a bed and a ventilator in hospital but if there’s the medication . Best policy, rest at home not rest in peace
gessa

Post by gessa »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:58 pm We did the same Ges, my wife works for the NHS (CCG) and has worked from home for 3 1/2 weeks now and she’s on conference calls from early morning till late evening trying to ensure the correct drugs are available in the right place, (she’s a pharmacist not a drug dealer)!! There’s a real shortage atm due to world demand so should you need treatment it’s not only worrying about a bed and a ventilator in hospital but if there’s the medication . Best policy, rest at home not rest in peace
Exactly Rich.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:02 pm Interesting part for me was, people here saying that any death and the patient has the virus then it's put down as a CV death. He said it is the opposite.
Well I suppose it all comes down to numbers - he said that patients that just had a fever and cough were sent home so it boils down to whether the amount of those people that went on to die is more than the amount of people that died in the hospitals but would have died regardless of getting the virus (i.e. were at death's door already). Either way it isn't pleasant but we are a long way away from being able to conclusively prove whether this virus is as deadly as some experts think or whether it is just as deadly as the common flu virus as other experts claim.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

138 people had been hospitalised with Pneumonia cases in Lombardy, Northern Italy in little over a week with Legionnaires Disease found in 2 patients. 52 water samples were taken . Legionella are common worldwide and thrive in warm water. They can be inhaled through atomized water, such as showers and air conditioning. People infected with the bacteria can show no symptoms but it can also trigger flu-like symptoms. People who are defence-impaired are particularly affected.

This happened in September 2018. Strange that people are dying in an extremely similar manner in exactly the same place but now it is all Covid 19.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

A local lady was admitted to hospital with breathing difficulties and sadly passed away. The old ladies son said his mum was susceptible to lung infections and this one proved fatal. He further adds that she should have stayed away from hospital instead remaining at home, but then hospital is where treatment was always previously and successfully administered by NHS staff.

Other than a bloke at work saying his friend caught the virus, but spent just two days in bed with no doctors appointments, nor hospital visits for intensive treatment on a ventilator then downgraded the deadly infection to man flu.

An old lady said she believed that the elderly were being targeted with viruses to bump them off early with a middle aged lady at work going even further. She said the human population is being massively reduced to save the planet and a billionaire foundation is developing vaccines to accomplish this before it is too late. I think she said the sustainable global population figure is only 1 billion.

I'm more concerned with protecting British freedoms and traditions, protecting them for future Britons to enjoy and I will not yield an inch of my British freedoms for any reason.

On the plus side the lockdown on car exhaust pipes should continue to protect lives, NHS staff, children's lungs, hedge hogs - if we still have any left and the sweetness of the air. As a cyclist I felt much safer cycling to work during the lockdown without a poisonous hulk of steel hurtling past at 60mph and sometimes only 18 inches away.

For the sake of peoples health and saving lives, British wildlife and clean air, Long live the lockdown on poisonous killer exhaust gasses.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.