Most popular player?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Who is your favourite LUFC player from the current squad?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:05 pm

Kiko Casilla
No votes
Illan Meslier
No votes
Luke Ayling
5%
Stuart Dallas
No votes
Liam Cooper
No votes
Ben White
9%
Gaetano Berardi
5%
Barry Douglas
No votes
Gianni Alioski
5%
Adam Forshaw
No votes
Mateusz Klich
27%
Kalvin Phillips
9%
Helder Costa
No votes
Jack Harrison
18%
Pablo Hernandez
23%
Tyler Roberts
No votes
Patrick Bamford
No votes
Jean Kevin Augustin
No votes

Total votes: 22

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Most popular player?

Post by Cjay »

Not necessarily the best player.

Just who is your favourite current LUFC first team squad member?

Thought it would be interesting :)

I think Kp will be high up.
Dallas seems well respected now.
Klich to.
Pablo is beloved
Ali has a bit of a cult following
Berardi to has one.

So who will win?

(If i missed any players out from the 1st team I'm sorry, i dont think i have)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Most popular player?

Post by 1964white »

Difficult one Cjay

Too many favourites as there is so much love for this squad of players

Such a nice group of players all down to their father-figure Marcelo Bielsa

They are all Klich fans on here, Mateusz will win it by a mile though!
hector

Post by hector »

Well I am guessing that Barn door is not in with a shout though
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:12 am Well I am guessing that Barn door is not in with a shout though
Faaip may vote for Paddy ;-) :lol:

Watching the re-runs of the Bristol City & Stoke games I posted up, my god Bamford puts in a real shift often playing against two or three CB's up top on his own, scored in both those games too!

Along with Ayling, Dallas & Harrison I would say Paddy is one of our hardest workers in our squad
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Pablito!
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

This team really does seem to have a team feel and work ethic about it, which has undoubtedly been built by MB.

In a way that makes it more difficult to pick out an individual. However, in the end I plumped for a player who isn’t really ours, in Ben White. Given his age, his first team exposure/experience (lack of it) when he arrived and the fact he was coming in new to the surroundings and group I think he’s been great. Maybe tailed of a little from his early season MOTM performances but he set the bar really high.

Always seems to give 100% and rarely seems fazed.

Could have also gone with LA or KP though.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Looking at the squad, virtually everyone of them as put in a shift at some point, most of them consistently As regard a favourite, that is difficult, especially if it's not ability wise. There are 6 of them I considered but presently it's Ayling for me. His performances since Christmas have been outstanding but it's not that, he seems to get what it is to be Leeds, his passion shows that.
I know a few have bemoaned the contracts given tto some of those players but other than 2, I'd be happy to see the others part of a PL squad.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 am This team really does seem to have a team feel and work ethic about it, which has undoubtedly been built by MB.

In a way that makes it more difficult to pick out an individual. However, in the end I plumped for a player who isn’t really ours, in Ben White. Given his age, his first team exposure/experience (lack of it) when he arrived and the fact he was coming in new to the surroundings and group I think he’s been great. Maybe tailed of a little from his early season MOTM performances but he set the bar really high.

Always seems to give 100% and rarely seems fazed.

Could have also gone with LA or KP though.
I know it's difficult for the football press atm, so everything should be taken with apinch of salt but I read, 2 things about White this week. 1) He loves it at Leeds and would like for us to get a deal done, so he can stay.
2) Liverpool want to sign him and are prepared to loan him back to us next season, if we get promoted.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:36 am Looking at the squad, virtually everyone of them as put in a shift at some point, most of them consistently As regard a favourite, that is difficult, especially if it's not ability wise. There are 6 of them I considered but presently it's Ayling for me. His performances since Christmas have been outstanding but it's not that, he seems to get what it is to be Leeds, his passion shows that.
I know a few have bemoaned the contracts given tto some of those players but other than 2, I'd be happy to see the others part of a PL squad.
Indeed Ges :tup:

Ayling is a great shout :)

My seven favourites are (not necessarily in this order) :

Ayling
Dallas (who'd have thought)
Harrison
Hernandez
Klich
Phillips
White
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:43 am I know it's difficult for the football press atm, so everything should be taken with apinch of salt but I read, 2 things about White this week. 1) He loves it at Leeds and would like for us to get a deal done, so he can stay.
2) Liverpool want to sign him and are prepared to loan him back to us next season, if we get promoted.
The scousers can afford to offer much more financially to Brighton & White than we could ever dream of, I've resigned myself to losing Ben once the season is finally completed.

Hopefully Ben stamps his feet & insists he wishes to remain at Leeds, that may not be enough though as his agent will clearly have a self-interest influence on White's career !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:25 am The scousers can afford to offer much more financially to Brighton & White than we could ever dream of, I've resigned myself to losing Ben once the season is finally completed.

Hopefully Ben stamps his feet & insists he wishes to remain at Leeds, that may not be enough though as his agent will clearly have a self-interest influence on White's career !
Liverpool can't afford to pay their staff, clearly not got a pot to piss in surely? :roll:

Besides Radz has basically admitted promotion means QSI investment.

QSI come in and the world is our lobster :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I've narrowed it down to 3.

Ali :love:
Klich
Pablo.
Signed

King Cjay

Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

gotta be jack harrison.....as exciting as eddie gray in his prime, when he gets to play in the pl i really think he has the potential to be one of the 'greats'

just wished he could avoid hitting the woodwork
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I went for Pablo for the reason that something exciting is likely to happen when he is involved.

Though I do love watching Ben White when he is on the ball. Great players always look as if they have all the time in the world and he fits the bill.
Leeds should throw the cheque book at Brighton to keep him.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:35 pm gotta be jack harrison.....as exciting as eddie gray in his prime, when he gets to play in the pl i really think he has the potential to be one of the 'greats'

just wished he could avoid hitting the woodwork
Are you having a laugh Peter. At the moment JH (whilst he's a tryer I'll give him that) is a million miles off being able to lace EG's boots !
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:42 pm Are you having a laugh Peter. At the moment JH (whilst he's a tryer I'll give him that) is a million miles off being able to lace EG's boots !
eddie was indeed an exciting player but only won 12 caps for scotland

i expect jack to win many more caps than that for england.....he is only 23

lets just wait and see
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:00 pm eddie was indeed an exciting player but only won 12 caps for scotland

i expect jack to win many more caps than that for england.....he is only 23

lets just wait and see
Two reasons why Gray only earned 12 caps for Scotland

1 Eddie had lengthy spells on the sidelines due to serious injuries

2 In the 60's/70's there were nowhere near the amount of internationals games played then as there are now. Bremner who was Scotland's captain only earned 54 caps

Half of the Revie squad played between 550 to 750 games for Leeds, Gray only played around the 450 mark even though he was a Leeds player much longer than the likes of Reaney, Cooper, Bremner, Hunter, Giles, Madeley, Jones & Clarke
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lets bear in mind too international caps are handed out like confetti nowadays
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:26 pm Two reasons why Gray only earned 12 caps for Scotland

1 Eddie had lengthy spells on the sidelines due to serious injuries

2 In the 60's/70's there were nowhere near the amount of internationals games played then as there are now. Bremner who was Scotland's captain only earned 54 caps

Half of the Revie squad played between 550 to 750 games for Leeds, Gray only played around the 450 mark even though he was a Leeds player much longer than the likes of Reaney, Cooper, Bremner, Hunter, Giles, Madeley, Jones & Clarke
oh sorry for having a different opinion to you, i must be having a laugh.

I will bow down to your superior knowledge and will shut up now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:41 pm oh sorry for having a different opinion to you, i must be having a laugh.

I will bow down to your superior knowledge and will shut up now
No need to take that attitude with me Peter

I was only explaining why Eddie didn't earn so many caps, valid reasons I reckon.

Btw I like Jack Harrison, he has really grown on me with his improvement this season