Her Majesty Elizabeth II

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Her Majesty Elizabeth II

Post by John in Louisiana »

As an American, I heartily reject the notion of the divine right of kings or inherited titles.

That being said, after having listened to the Queen's speech, I wish we had a national leader who could speak to us with the equanimity, grace, and compassion that Her Majesty used to address her subjects today.

She does your nation proud.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Her Majesty Elizabeth II

Post by 1964white »

Thank you John

We are very fortunate to have a national leader such as Her Majesty Elizabeth II
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Her Majesty Elizabeth II

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

wonderful lady
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Her Majesty QUEEN Elizabeth II

Post by Norm »

I'm lucky in one way that I could hear, on the radio, Queen Elizabeth's coronation on 2/6/1953 and look at the pictures the next day from whichever newspaper my mum had delivered to the house. I remember someone saying, completely innocently, "It's nice to have a young queen", not realising how many different ways that comment could have been interpreted a few scant decades later.