Garden/Nature Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Garden/Nature Thread

Post by whiteswan »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:45 am rr.png

I had a real Warner Brothers moment in my back garden this afternoon. Starring my dog as 'Wiley Coyote' and a roadrunner as "the Roadrunner".
I saw the roadrunner walking across the grass from right to left. A few moments later the roadrunner was running full speed from left to right (minus any beep-beeps) with my dog chasing after. Fortunately (for the roadrunner) it took flight and landed on top of the fence and ran off along the fence top.
Brilliant, that made me laugh :lol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Glaucus rose is one of my favourites .
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:00 pm The Glaucus rose is one of my favourites .
It is very winter hardy and i love that foliage. I took a few of the hips last year
through them into a pot of earth whole and this year the hips have sprouted some seedling
Never thought it would be so easy.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:04 pm It is very winter hardy and i love that foliage. I took a few of the hips last year
through them into a pot of earth whole and this year the hips have sprouted some seedling
Never thought it would be so easy.
I think we take cuttings but that's the partners territory ..We have about 10 plants now ready to plant out, we did think the birds would love the hips but alas no
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 20.50.27.png
Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 20.50.27.png (724.2 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 20.51.55.png
Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 20.51.55.png (668.42 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 20.54.52.png
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

EEF7FE93-BFAD-4E77-9C19-CB78A81ABEF0.jpeg
My 'garden' is even wilder than Faaip's.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And you have sheep ...Chris Packham would love our garden...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

They're not really my sheep, and I don't own the land either. I have a tiny cottage with a yard and an outbuilding, so growing things is mainly limited to pots. But I do have wonderful countryside all around, and love to spend my time wandering the hills and moors. There is plenty to see with the wildlife and wild flowers.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I had my tongue in cheek ..Looks a lovely part of the world... I can see Siemens Head Office from our front windows..
gessa

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:27 pm They're not really my sheep, and I don't own the land either. I have a tiny cottage with a yard and an outbuilding, so growing things is mainly limited to pots. But I do have wonderful countryside all around, and love to spend my time wandering the hills and moors. There is plenty to see with the wildlife and wild flowers.
That's sounds perfect, all the best bits with the least effort. Other than the walking obviously,(effort wise) which I love doing too.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The best bits with the least effort is my theory. I would love to have a beautiful garden like others have shared, but I couldn't have afforded that in this location, so it was a choice I had to make. Whilst I'm fit enough to enjoy the outdoors, I shall continue to do so.

You can see now where I was infecting the masses with coronavirus. Despite having had it and recovered a month earlier, I managed to contaminate all the sheep, who went on a rampage through the hospitals and care homes (getting there by public transport, not wearing masks), causing the demise of thousands of innocents.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

EC12DC76-11FF-4170-AA70-CE7645EC58DD.jpeg
My hebe was lovely this year.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I don't think there's any need to bring that back up tbh, and the post, which wasn't mine,was on about your trip to Robin Hood's bay not where you live.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm I don't think there's any need to bring that back up tbh, and the post, which wasn't mine,was on about your trip to Robin Hood's bay not where you live.
No you're right, but I'm addicted to sarcasm! The RHB trip was pre-lockdown btw.