Garden/Nature Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Garden/Nature Thread

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:10 pm EC12DC76-11FF-4170-AA70-CE7645EC58DD.jpeg

My hebe was lovely this year.
Not a hebe. It's a Rhododendron I believe.
Last edited by gessa on Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:18 pm No you're right, but I'm addicted to sarcasm! The RHB trip was pre-lockdown btw.

I'm not going to open old wounds
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:22 pm Not a hebe. It's a Rhododendron I believe.
Really? I'm no expert, but the person who gave it to me called it a hebe.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Definitely not a hebe, maybe a cultivar of the Rhododendron family..azalea possibly
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:36 pm Really? I'm no expert, but the person who gave it to me called it a hebe.
No hebe's are generally but not exclusively glossy leaved plants, some flower some don't, but non with that abundance.
Plus they're a pain as the slugs devour them.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:38 pm Definitely not a hebe, maybe a cultivar of the Rhododendron family..azalea possibly

Was one of the 2 but pretty certain it's Rhododendron Simsii
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:22 pm I'm not going to open old wounds
I never had the opportunity to defend myself, so that still hurts.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Well, I've learnt something about hebes/ not hebes!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

293A04E9-BFFE-468B-8CBB-6339BE95B6E5.jpeg
Calendula? It's everywhere.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

A lot of different types of Hebe but they usually have a feathery flower if they have flowers. Don't think the leaf looks right for a Rhody, usually deep green but it fits with azalea, same family smaller less significant leaf..

May need Rab for the tie break and it's probably a phlox ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:44 pm I never had the opportunity to defend myself, so that still hurts.
Fair enough but there was an apology which was obviously accepted,so rather than let it fester or let things start all over again, perhaps pm whomever you have issues with and talk it out that way.
I'm on another forum where one thread about cv as caused a big divide between a few posters, it's gone totally out of control now , so much so, i don't bother reading or going on there any longer and I think the same would apply here if it was to come up again and not just with me.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

That is Campanula (Bell flower hence the Latin name), gorgeous plant that adds colour almost everywhere ..Ours is half way up several plants and has now seeded elsewhere in the garden
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

2E1DC685-2D39-4830-B8BB-31CF50FD8CDE.jpeg
Cowslips and buttercups.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 pm 293A04E9-BFFE-468B-8CBB-6339BE95B6E5.jpeg

Calendula? It's everywhere.
No idea on that one.
We have a plant in our garden that spreads like wildfire really lovely from now until mid September took it to 3 local garden centres and asked a few gardeners, non have a clue what it is.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What was that thing with buttercups under the chin girls used to do?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:57 pm No idea on that one.
We have a plant in our garden that spreads like wildfire really lovely from now until mid September took it to 3 local garden centres and asked a few gardeners, non have a clue what it is.
I've answered Sara's gonna need a photo or description of yours ...
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 pm I've answered Sara's gonna need a photo or description of yours ...
I don't know how to put photos up from my phone
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No I have no clue from my lap top...I tried again last night to no avail..
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

gessa wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:53 pm Fair enough but there was an apology which was obviously accepted,so rather than let it fester or let things start all over again, perhaps pm whomever you have issues with and talk it out that way.
I'm on another forum where one thread about cv as caused a big divide between a few posters, it's gone totally out of control now , so much so, i don't bother reading or going on there any longer and I think the same would apply here if it was to come up again and not just with me.
The apology was for the breakdown in moderating, not the personal slurs, but I take your point. I have no wish to speak further to either of the people concerned, but I would rather not be seen in the way they sought to portray me. Obviously I have no control over that, and people will think what they want. I wasn't intending to mention it again beyond the one jokey comment. The sheep are my witnesses!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 pm What was that thing with buttercups under the chin girls used to do?
Do you like butter. If the flower reflected yellow on your skin, then yes you did.