The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 28th May) Contact training to recommence next week

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 28th May) Contact training to recommence next week

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 28th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Opinion Split 50/50 on Ayala

Opinion on Daniel Ayala seems to be split down the line. Whilst some would not want the former Liverpool centre back within 50 miles of Elland Road, there are those that believe he could be the bargain of the Summer.

The 29 year old would certainly add some much needed height (6ft 3) and experience to the back four and as a free transfer surely it's a no brainer. It's looking increasingly likely that both Ben White and Gaetano Berardi will not be at Elland Road next season and due to Ayala's contractual obligations, he will be available on a free transfer.

During a recent interview, it was revealed by Daniel's wife that hey were house hunting in Yarm.

Leeds on standby following news that January target to be released at end of season

Another player available on a free transfer is Everton forward Oumar Niasse. The 30yo Senegalese International has not lived up to expectations since his 16.5m transfer to Goodison Park in 2016. He has enjoyed limited success on loan with Hull and Cardiff. The Toffee's will be releasing the former Locomotive Moscow Striker at the end of the season and will be available on a free transfer. Leeds enquired about Niasse's availability in the January transfer window, but nothing materialised.

Contact training to recommence next week

According to the Telegraph, Championship Clubs are set to begin contact training next week (and Berardi can't wait)! The EFL will send the proposals for phase 2 training protocols to all Championship clubs today, with a decision expected after the weekend though it's understood that there was little resistance. We can expect the season to recommence on either June 19 or 26th.

Where is the strangest place you've met a Leeds fan

We all love Leeds - as the saying goes. Even down here in Southampton I'll regulary be given the Leeds salute when I'm wearing club colours. We are everywhere! Where is the strangest place you've met a fellow fan?

gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 28th May) Contact training to recommence next week

Post by gessa »

Ayala only if we didn't go up.

No to the Toffeman, all sorts of rumours about a really bad attitude.

Not a strange place but went to Bulgaria in 1990, and on the beach with my top on, one of the life guards wanted to buy it off me because he thought he looked like Vinnie Jones and the top would make people think it was him. Tbf he did quite resemble him, he also had his hair exactly the same as Vinnie,'s .
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 28th May) Contact training to recommence next week

Post by BGwhite »

gessa wrote:Ayala only if we didn't go up.

No to the Toffeman, all sorts of rumours about a really bad attitude.

Not a strange place but went to Bulgaria in 1990, and on the beach with my top on, one of the life guards wanted to buy it off me because he thought he looked like Vinnie Jones and the top would make people think it was him. Tbf he did quite resemble him, he also had his hair exactly the same as Vinnie,'s .
I met a Leeds fan in the village I live in Bulgaria....turns out he is a neighbour !

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:02 am I met a Leeds fan in the village I live in Bulgaria....turns out he is a neighbour !

Do you live on the coast or inland BG
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Outside of going to games I don't think I've ever met another Leeds fan, but then I don't advertise I am.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

gessa wrote:
Do you live on the coast or inland BG
On the N.E. coast near Kavarna gessa. Lovely area but can get a bit windy at times .

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

hector

Post by hector »

It seems he's been gone too long.........
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lol
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I have met Leeds fans everywhere I have been.

Would take Ayala but not the striker
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Premier League to restart 17th June
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa

Post by gessa »

BGwhite wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:38 am On the N.E. coast near Kavarna gessa. Lovely area but can get a bit windy at times .

Used to work with a fella who moved over there about 10 years ago, he loved it there, no idea where though, all I know it was inland and he paid about £8k for a detached property. Nice country from what I saw of it.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Tutankhamen’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
He was wearing a Leeds away shirt and Leeds baseball cap, while I was dressed like Lawrence of Arabia (headwise) and we just got chatting.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Finnatic wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:57 pm Tutankhamen’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
He was wearing a Leeds away shirt and Leeds baseball cap, while I was dressed like Lawrence of Arabia (headwise) and we just got chatting.
Tutankhamen was wearing a Leeds away shirt? :shock:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 pm Tutankhamen was wearing a Leeds away shirt? :shock:
Tut

Ahem 😉