Brian Clough and Don Revie on a Calendar special after his sacking.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Brian Clough and Don Revie on a Calendar special after his sacking.

Post by DavidH »

Just watched this, and have to say, it was the equivalent of 2 world champions meeting in the ring. I never liked Clough for the things it's implied he said about us, but I did feel a little sorry for him in this interview. He seemed to take his punishment well.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Brian Clough and Don Revie on a Calendar special after his sacking.

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Clough openly disliked Leeds but more so Revie. Think that was basically the issue when he took over in 74. A bit of give and take on both sides and who knows what may have happened.
Can't really fault his record.!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can't dispute Clough was a great manager, one of my favourites. Was elated when we got him at the time. Clough stays we win more and we don't have the decline of the 80's... imo
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:03 pm Can't dispute Clough was a great manager, one of my favourites. Was elated when we got him at the time. Clough stays we win more and we don't have the decline of the 80's... imo
Agree Clough would have got it right in the end

Ex-players managing their club is generally the wrong direction to take