Unpopular football opinions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Unpopular football opinions

Post by Cjay »

(Stolen from another forum).

The place to express any footballing opinions you hold (LUFC related or not) that you think may be unpopular or controversial.

So i will start.

I dont think Liverpool are a great side.

Fully deserve the title but are fortunate to have VAR (nobody knows how many more or less points other teams of the past would have had).

But even more so, they are benefiting from the weakest Premier League in ages.

Case in point, ive gone back 8 or 9 Premier league seasons and only once would the 57 points Manchester City have in 2nd and 53 points Leicester have in 3rd be enough.

Thats not normally enough for those positions.

70,62 and 62 are the last 3 points totals for sides in 2nd place at this time of the season.

61,60 and 58 for 3rd.

And its the same story for 6th, Wolves have 43 points, last season 6th placed had 57.

The lowest points total for 4th over the previous 3 seasons was 56, Chelsea have 48 incidentally.

Nothing against Liverpool, fully deserve the title, but imo fortunate timing has played a large part.

Anyone got any? :)
Last edited by Cjay on Sun May 31, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mav
First Team
First Team

Re: Unpopular football opinions

Post by mav »

I care less about the natural talent a player has, more for how much they get out of that talent.

I would rather have a team of hard working average players than a superstar strolling around.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Unpopular football opinions

Post by The Subhuman »

I think everyone knows my unpopular opinion so I'll leave that well alone
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"