First positive test for Leeds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

First positive test for Leeds

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The Daily Mail has revealed that at least one individual from Leeds United has tested positive for Covid-19. The result comes after the latest round of testing where nine new positive cases from six separate clubs have been discovered after 1,094 players and staff were tested between Saturday 30th May and Tuesday 2nd June.

https://motforum.com/article.php?page=39533

Rumour is it's Robbie Gotts, not sure how much truth there is in that though. Journalist Alan Nixon revaled on Twitter this morning that one top club has three young players who have tested positive. Should we be concerned this might be Leeds?
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: First positive test for Leeds

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Not saying its not true, but also unsure where they got this information from given that we don't release the results of our tests? The Daily Mail are usually about as reliable as all the other rags which aren't fit to even be used as toilet paper so we will see.

Still over 2 weeks until season is meant to start so sure it'll be fine.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It would not surprise me if it was a younger member of the team. The senior players will be on higher wages, live in bigger houses, gardens etc can pay for shopping to be delivered and generally able to isolate far easier than someone on lower wages who has to do their own shopping, may be more reliant on their family etc. Younger players can be more easily 'distracted' by mates such as Man City's Phil Foden who went to the beach with friends.

Hopefully it won't derail us as it appears the squad were all able to get into great shape when isolated.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:10 pm Not saying its not true, but also unsure where they got this information from given that we don't release the results of our tests? The Daily Mail are usually about as reliable as all the other rags which aren't fit to even be used as toilet paper so we will see.

May have some inside contact at the Football League.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I doubt this will be the first positive test we get...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:26 pm I doubt this will be the first positive test we get...

I think a positive result was an inevitability, for every club.

How it's handled and how spread is controlled will determine how restarting the season goes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:00 pm Rumour is it's Robbie Gotts, not sure how much truth there is in that though. Journalist Alan Nixon revaled on Twitter this morning that one top club has three young players who have tested positive. Should we be concerned this might be Leeds?
Robbie Gotts? Oh thank god, I thought it might have been one of the playing staff
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:31 pm Robbie Gotts? Oh thank god, I thought it might have been one of the playing staff

:)

Cheeky!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Evening Everyone

I think we'll find out that we have three player with the coronavirus.

Nixon said this morning that a top club had three YOUNG players with the virus.

Gotts is obviously young, and obviously we are a top club.

Do I win a prize for surpassing 4000 posts?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:17 pm Evening Everyone

I think we'll find out that we have three player with the coronavirus.

Nixon said this morning that a top club had three YOUNG players with the virus.

Gotts is obviously young, and obviously we are a top club.

Do I win a prize for surpassing 4000 posts?
No Matt, but you are king of the breakfast topics :)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

:) Ill settle for that...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

If it is spiderboy we could be screwed....
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:17 pm I think we'll find out that we have three player with the coronavirus.
Interesting that no players/clubs were revealed by the media prior to this until the club announced it. WOuld be absolutely disgraceful if the EFL had revealed it to journalists as it goes against medical confidentiality as well as breaking the trust that should exist betwee the EFL and clubs - an attempt to derail us?

If it is true and we have either 1 or 3 players then the hope is that it is just 3 and that it would be youth players as opposed to first teamers. As training was initially in small groups (I think it was up to 5) then it is easy to see how 1 player could pass it on to others in that group. I am surprised that there haven't been any rules given out yet as to how many players a team would have to have out with the virus (if the whole team wasn't quarantined) before they could postpone a fixture.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Why is the youth team training ...Gotts is first team so I can understand that but no need for the reserves to be doing more than home fitness
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:04 am Why is the youth team training ...Gotts is first team so I can understand that but no need for the reserves to be doing more than home fitness
I dare say a fair few from the U23s will be training as if injuries, or a few first teamers had to self isolate for a while, then the youngsters would need to step in to the first team.