Could Have Been A Legend

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Could Have Been A Legend

Post by Ratscoot »

I’ve thought about this a few times over the years players that never played for Leeds or did but only for a short period of time but you feel they would have made an impact here because they got us and the fans would have loved them. This doesn’t necessary have to be the most skilful but more about understanding the club, the fans and becoming part of it.

So I’ll start this off

Easy ones first:

Pontus if he’d stayed IMO he would have ended up a legend - Ben White is a much better player and again hope he stays much longer
Gaza very obvious as to why
Messie

A few perhaps not so obvious:

Jack Wiltshire I feel he would have thrived here and the love we gave him might of helped him achieve more than he has, obviously injuries aside
Joe Cole similar to Wiltshire all the skill in the world but never seemed to fully have the backing of the clubs he played for
Ryan Shawcross a very good and powerful CB but playing fir Stoke his career never went on to what he could have done
Jonathan Walters never the most skilful but put his all into every game
There was a French guy that played for us a few years ago but can’t remember his name as he stayed for a very short time before moving over the Pennines if he’d stayed I’m sure he would have had a decent career rather than slowly and painfully dwindling away
Troy Deeney like the Watford fans we would have loved him playing for us I’m sure
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Could Have Been A Legend

Post by 1964white »

All legends imo!

Pontus
Jermaine
Tony Yeboah
James Milner

Loan signings had they played for Leeds over a longer period

Mickey Gray
Dougie Freedman
Ross Barkley
Eddie Nketiah

Signings missed out on

Alan Ball
Asa Hartford
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Wasn’t there a rumour way back that Ridsdale was offered Fat Frank when he was leaving West Ham but thought he was too expensive?
There Is Only One United.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

billysboots wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:46 am Wasn’t there a rumour way back that Ridsdale was offered Fat Frank when he was leaving West Ham but thought he was too expensive?
Yes, that was back in about 2000. We ended up with Seth Johnson instead.....
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Maradona..🤔
Klinsmann..🤔
A. Ball..🤔
Shearer..🤔
J. Cole..🤔
Seem to remember we were linked with all these and probably loads more I've forgotten...🙄
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

I think Siaz would have ended up a legend for us, had his wife not got homesick. Harry Kewell in the same mould had he not.......
gessa

Post by gessa »

billysboots wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:46 am Wasn’t there a rumour way back that Ridsdale was offered Fat Frank when he was leaving West Ham but thought he was too expensive?
Lampard turned us down after meeting O'Leary, he didn't like him and said he couldn't play for him.