Player Ratings v Blackburn

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Blackburn

Post by 1964white »

Your ratings out of ten for the lads
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Blackburn

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 6 - Couple of errors I thought, not much to do though

Ayling - 7 - Decent game, thought he'd get forward more and little chemistry with Harrison
Douglas - 9 - Just about the best LB performance I've seen all season. Strong in defence and dangerous going forward. Tough cal who plays if Dallas gets fit
White - 9 - Sublime example of footballing centre back play.
Cooper - 7 - Battled away
Phillips - 8 - Lovely FK and much better corners, wasn't really needed today as defensive cover though much
Klich - 9 - The work rate is excellent, some wonderful runs and unlucky not to have three assists and a goal. KC for Bamford's opener, lovely touch pass
Roberts - 8 - Ball sticks to his foot like treacle at times, great feet and can use both. Getting better defensively too, what a steal that was in the first half to set Harrison away
Harrison - 7 - Not completely natural on the right, his right foot nowhere near as destructive as his left
Alioski - 6 - Decent game but Harrison was better so the best I can do here is 6 in that case
Bamford - 4 - Downside - Caught offside multiple times, poor positioning for the most part, lack of energy in the box, cheated the ref imo. The upside the goal was well taken (on his preferred left and laid on a plate by Klich, miss and this is a 1) plus my first ever nod of approval for him trying to get on the end of a Pablo chip. It was an unusually good move and attempt from him. Faded again after though

Hernandez - 8 - A few early miscues but a class act once the radar was working
Shackleton - 7 - We saw the class even with just 10 minutes on the pitch. What a lovely low cross into the box that was
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Yes faaip, can’t fault any of the scores or comments really. Douglas an 8 perhaps as sometimes played too safe for me when getting forward. The ball often ended up going backwards all the way to Meslier from past the halfway line. Better safe than sorry though I suppose.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

6 Meslier
8 Ayling
9 White
7 Cooper
8 Douglas
9 Phillips
7 Harrison
8 Klich
7 Roberts
6 Alioski
7 Bamford
Subs
8 Hernandez
n/a Shackleton
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:32 pm Yes faaip, can’t fault any of the scores or comments really. Douglas an 8 perhaps as sometimes played too safe for me when getting forward. The ball often ended up going backwards all the way to Meslier from past the halfway line. Better safe than sorry though I suppose.
So 4/10 was fair for Bamford who took his goal well & was unlucky with a shot on the turn which hit the post, plus he pressed their back four all afternoon. I'm by no means Paddy's biggest fan but I think 4/10 is ridiculous!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:04 pm So 4/10 was fair for Bamford who took his goal well & was unlucky with a shot on the turn which hit the post, plus he pressed their back four all afternoon. I'm by no means Paddy's biggest fan but I think 4/10 is ridiculous!
Thank you
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

For all his faults, Paddy did look like a striker this afternoon
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I don’t want to get at Bamford too much as he put a shift in today and managed to score, although it was laid on plate for him and I suspect that had it been on his right foot he might have missed. In my opinion he is not agile or quick enough and too one footed to ever be a really top striker, there were a few times today where he had to hit/pass the ball with the outside of his left foot where using his right would have been far more effective.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:38 pm I don’t want to get at Bamford too much as he put a shift in today and managed to score, although it was laid on plate for him and I suspect that had it been on his right foot he might have missed. In my opinion he is not agile or quick enough and too one footed to ever be a really top striker there were a few times today where he had to hit/pass the ball with the outside of his left foot where using his right would have been far more effective.
My opinion too :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:14 pmThank you
Respect your opinion Faaip, just thought the rating was a tad low.

Believe me Bamford frustrates the hell out of me too
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:09 pm Respect your opinion Faaip, just thought the rating was a tad low.

Believe me Bamford frustrates the hell out of me too
Doesn't frustrate me at all, I know he doesn't have it in him to be a good Championship striker. Today I thought his closing down was slow, his first touch was off and some of his passes around the box really poor. Got caught offside a load of times, got in the way of our mids at times and made very little attempt to get to good passes from Roberts and Hernandez. He has to be anticipating the pass a lot earlier.

Where he can play a bit is if he gets the ball at his feet, especially on his left foot. But even then he's average at best.

If I scored him say a 6 that would have to put Alio up to 7 at least, Harrison would go to 8 and Klich, Phillips, Douglas, Roberts and White up to 10.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:04 pm So 4/10 was fair for Bamford who took his goal well & was unlucky with a shot on the turn which hit the post, plus he pressed their back four all afternoon. I'm by no means Paddy's biggest fan but I think 4/10 is ridiculous!
Agree, tired in the last 20 but ran, pressed and took his goal really well today
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:38 pm I don’t want to get at Bamford too much as he put a shift in today and managed to score, although it was laid on plate for him and I suspect that had it been on his right foot he might have missed. In my opinion he is not agile or quick enough and too one footed to ever be a really top striker, there were a few times today where he had to hit/pass the ball with the outside of his left foot where using his right would have been far more effective.
Wouldn’t say the goal was on a plate he took it really well and his touch was really good. But it’s that what frustrates me about him he should be taking a lot more of his chances his missed id say nearly 20 easier chances this year :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 pm Doesn't frustrate me at all, I know he doesn't have it in him to be a good Championship striker. Today I thought his closing down was slow, his first touch was off and some of his passes around the box really poor. Got caught offside a load of times, got in the way of our mids at times and made very little attempt to get to good passes from Roberts and Hernandez. He has to be anticipating the pass a lot earlier.

Where he can play a bit is if he gets the ball at his feet, especially on his left foot. But even then he's average at best.

If I scored him say a 6 that would have to put Alio up to 7 at least, Harrison would go to 8 and Klich, Phillips, Douglas, Roberts and White up to 10.
Point taken if you pardon the pun
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Agree almost entirely with faaip, but I wouldn't be quite so harsh on Bamford. I'd give him a six and Ali a 6.5.

Bamford took his chances well today and was very unlucky not to have a second. He did some things defensively that were very valuable. His being constantly offside, however, hurt our chances on multiple occasions.

Graham Smyth of the YEP gave Bamford an 8.

I think we're all in agreement that that's a tad generous.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 pm Doesn't frustrate me at all, I know he doesn't have it in him to be a good Championship striker. Today I thought his closing down was slow, his first touch was off and some of his passes around the box really poor. Got caught offside a load of times, got in the way of our mids at times and made very little attempt to get to good passes from Roberts and Hernandez. He has to be anticipating the pass a lot earlier.

He’s had some howlers this season where a 4 would be deserved, even lower nice or twice, he took his goal well. He needed a decent performance to keep his place in the team with Pablo presumably starting soon and I think he gave us thar