Bielsa Documentary

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Bielsa Documentary

Post by Irish Ian »

Bielsa: El Loco & Leeds

Was screened tonight on Sky.

Anyone see it?

Nothing really new for us, but it did remind me just how far we have come as a club under him. Nice comments from the guy who paints the murals around Leeds and from Potch and Pep about how they feel Bielsa improves not just players but people.

Anything stand out for you?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
rab_rant

Re: Bielsa Documentary.

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:37 pm Bielsa: El Loco & Leeds

Anyone see it?

Nothing really new for us, but it did remind me just how far we have come as a club under him. Nice comments from the guy who paints the murals around Leeds and from Potch and Pep about how they feel Bielsa improves not just players but people.

I thought Vickery was good with his analysis of Bielsa's style of play,
in that his teams control the field of play. They say this pitch belongs to
us, we own it, you can't have it, it is ours. We dominate it with the intensity
of the high press. The ball is ours, the possession is ours, we deny you space.
we are like terriers, we sink our teeth into the game and never let go, we worry
the opposition, exhaust them, leave them dazed and confused, so they do not
know if their arseholes have been bored or punched. They become delirious,
twisting and turning in the wind like out of control kites, eyes grazed, stamina
gone, tired legs, confused brains, blaming each other for all the mistakes they
make, numb and broken and glad that the referee blows the final whistle to
put them out of their misery. We torture teams with our relentless intensity.
Bielsa gives us hope and we renew our strength. We will soar on wings like eagles;
we will run and not grow weary, we will prevail and not grow faint. :-D :roflmao: :lol:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bielsa Documentary

Post by Leeds1000 »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:37 pm Bielsa: El Loco & Leeds

Anyone see it?

Agree with that Ian. Just hope he doesn't decide to bow out at the end of the season. When he makes his mind up, there's no turning back.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Sir Marcelo Bielsa has a ring to it!
Doubt we'll see it and I can't say how he would feel about it.
It could have diplomatic significance way beyond football, settling 1982 and all that.
The world of classy football managers who swear by his methods would be delighted for him.

Ah well!!
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:28 pm Agree with that Ian. Just hope he doesn't decide to bow out at the end of the season. When he makes his mind up, there's no turning back.
I believe we have him guaranteed for another season if we get promoted.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Its not the trophies you win but the lives you change and the love you receive.

I won trophies because of the clubs i was at, Marcelo would do the same in that situation.

Pep when he talks about MB is heartwarming. Never stuck the boot in over Spygate (despite the utter desperation from the media to do so).
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom