Player Ratings v Swansea

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Swansea

Post by 1964white »

Not a great performance so the ratings could be interesting

A win is a win though!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Swansea

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 8 - Thought he had a very good game, one very good save.
Ayling - 7 - Usual Ayling fare but supplied the pass that got us the win and some great work in defence
Dallas - 7 - Struggled a bit with their pace down our right but on the ball was very good as usual
White - 9 - It's kind of expected now, dominant in D and carried the ball well
Cooper - 7 - Couple of heart in mouth moment that probably would have cost us last season but he's a bit cooler now.
Phillips - 8 - Outside of the corners he was key in his defensive mid role, playing a little deeper always suits him
Klich - 7 - There was that lovely touch pass to Costa almost without looking and the work rate makes it very tough for opposing mids
Costa - 8 - Picked up where he left off, and some excellent work in defence.
Harrison - 7 - Greta cross for the Bamford header, unlucky with a bobble before his shot. Swansea did well to deny him room for about 60 min but sooner or later..
Roberts - 6 - Not the same type of footballer as Pablo, and still learning the position. Still love the potential and he never lets us down. Some nice work for half a game but he was always coming off at HT
Bamford - 6

Hernandez - 8 - Get's my MOTM despite White's performance, not as good as Thursday but plan A worked in the end..Plays from a lot deeper than Roberts who's a striker playing mid rather than a lifelong midfielder.
Alioski - 7 - Some good defensive work, less of an impact going forward
Berardi - NA
Shackleton - 6 - Wouldn't normally score so little time but the energy and vision in just 5 minutes shows us we have a player on our hands
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Meslier- 7 - Not a HUGE amount to do but acquitted himself well when called upon. Seems much safer at corners than Kiko did.

Ayling- 8 - How much energy does this guy have, busting a gut to get the ball into the box.

Cooper- 8- Very solid at the back, Swansea caused very few problems for us.

White- 8- see Coopers description, also some really handy runs out of our half. Nearly squeezed the ball through on a number of occassions.

Dallas- 7- Solid defensively guilty of wasting a couple of opportunities early doors (one shot which failed to go past the defender when better options around him springs to mind)

Phillips- 8 - Generally strong through and had Ayew (Petulant t**t) in his pocket.

Klich- 7- Put a shift in again, needs to be careful picking up yellow cards.

Roberts- 6- Love Roberts but really dont think the number 10 role suits him very well. Guilty of going for the miracle pass too often.

Costa- 7- Not as good as the Stoke game but looked lively, needs to build consistency.

Harrison- 7 - Looked good in flashes but wasteful with end product again. Put a huge shift in defensively as well.

Bamford- 7- Huge shift again. Desperately unlucky with the second of his two chances, keeper pulled off a blinding stop.

Subs-

Hernandez- 9- what is left to say about this man that hasn't already been said. Great goal. Fantastic ball to Harrison before the Bamford chance. Tracked back well (sometimes to his detriment). Reads the game stupendously well.

Alioski- 7- Huge energy, injects enthusiasm into proceedings.

Shackleton and Berardi- NA.

Bielsa- 9- seems to have sussed what went wrong last season. Has his charges looking calm and assured.

Ref- 4- Too harsh for the first 20. Too soft after that and let Swansea get away with murder.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

It's a tribute to Meslier that we don't spend days talking about his c**k ups like we did with kiko.. Messy goes about his business quietly and confidently and I hope he's in and around the squad when ...sorry ,if we go up.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:45 pm It's a tribute to Meslier that we don't spend days talking about his c**k ups like we did with kiko.. Messy goes about his business quietly and confidently and I hope he's in and around the squad when ...sorry ,if we go up.

One little fluff and taking the ball on the ground but otherwise did well. I think his weakness over Kiko is his shot stopping but he makes up for it in other areas and is calm and collected. Distribution great too, not jsut short balls but really Phillipsesque long balls too.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 8 - Called upon to make one excellent save; very assured and took charge well on set pieces. Distributed the ball very well.
Ayling - 7 - Not his best game, but Swansea rarely looked like scoring, plus his usual very high work rate
Dallas - 7 - Ditto what I said about Ayling
White - 9 - Snuffed out pretty much everything that came his way, sometimes well up the field.
Cooper - 7 - Ditto Ayling and Dallas
Phillips - 8 - Always there whenever any of the defenders got caught upfield.
Klich - 7 - His usual steady game
Costa - 8 - Made a couple of really great plays tracking back on defense when defenders pressed forward,
Harrison - 7 - Had trouble getting in to the game in the first half, but raised his level in the second
Roberts - 6 - Tough for him to be playing out of position all the time.
Bamford - 7 - Worked hard all day, broke up many attacks before they could get started and tracked back well. Would have been higher, but although a bit unlucky, he really should have converted the header.

Hernandez - 9 - MOTM. What does it say about this guy that he wasn't quite as good as in the last game, but still merits a 9? I gave Costa MOTM vs Stoke because we win that game even if Pablo doesn't play. Not so today.
Alioski - 7 - Solid half of football. Nothing spectacular.
Berardi - NA
Shackleton - NA
Last edited by John in Louisiana on Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier - 8 - I haven't seen much of the lad but his distribution and command of his box was good today.
Ayling - 7.5 - Lots of wayward passing today from Bill, but he is always positive going forward and has bags of energy.
Dallas - 6.5 - A lot of teams seem to be targeting Dallas down the left. Linked up well at times.
White - 9 MOTM - Outstanding today against a competitive Swansea team. Reads the game so well and his comfortable on the ball.
Cooper - 8 - I thought Coops stood up well today against a side who exploited the holes in our Midfield, especially the first 20mins. Made some important interceptions
Phillips - 7 - I still don't think he's fully back upto speed since the restart? Strapping on his leg won't help. Keeps it simple infront of the back four.
Klich - 7 - Not his usual influential self today manily due to Swansea's work rate and tactics. Linked up well at times.
Costa - 7.5 - Worked hard had one great run but should have cut the ball back across goal. Good defensive work in covering Ayling.
Harrison - 6.5 - Another poor performance for me. Put in a honest shift and got into some good positions but blew his lines. Still capable of something special.
Roberts - 6 - Still probably too early to just him. He was Poor and ineffective first half. I'm not sure what his best position is tbh. He seems technically gifted but lacks awareness. I'm not sure you can instill that at his age?
Bamford - 6 - Worked hard against a well drilled Swansea side. A man in form should be scoring that header. Its a 9 times out of 10 chance.

Hernandez - 9 - There's only one. Influences the game again coming off the bench. Always probing creating space around him. The players come alive around him because they know he will be looking for them. All great players make things slow down for them. That goal was like a Matrix moment.
Alioski - 6 - Not one of his better substitute appearance.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

8 Meslier
7 Ayling
9 White
8 Cooper
7 Dallas
8 Phillips
6 Costa
7 Klich
5 Roberts
5 Harrison
7 Bamford
Subs
9.5 Hernandez MOTM
7 Alioski
n/a Shackleton & Berardi
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Quite often I find myself wondering if Graham Smyth and I watched the same game.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Why what did he say?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

faaip wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:32 pm Why what did he say?

8 Illan Meslier
7 Luke Ayling
7 Liam Cooper
7 Ben White
6 Stuart Dallas
7 Kalvin Phillips
7 Mateusz Klich
6 Helder Costa
7 Jack Harrison
6 Tyler Roberts
6 Patrick Bamford
8 Pablo Hernandez
7 Gjanni Alioski
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Thanks.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:20 pm Quite often I find myself wondering if Graham Smyth and I watched the same game.
I have stopped reading the YEP articles by him. He comes across as someone who doesn't really understand football.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:38 pm 8 Illan Meslier
7 Luke Ayling
7 Liam Cooper
7 Ben White
6 Stuart Dallas
7 Kalvin Phillips
7 Mateusz Klich
6 Helder Costa
7 Jack Harrison
6 Tyler Roberts
6 Patrick Bamford
8 Pablo Hernandez
7 Gjanni Alioski
He's a bit low on some of our best players on the day

Remember we were generally average today, far too many loose passes, conceded too many free-kicks, didn't create many chances & the ones we did we screwed up apart from our genius who showed the rest how to put the ball in the net

Not a vintage performance by any means!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: He's a bit low on some of our best players on the day

Remember we were generally average today, far too many loose passes, conceded too many free-kicks, didn't create many chances & the ones we did we screwed up apart from our genius who showed the rest how to put the ball in the net

Not a vintage performance by any means!
Performances are totally irelavent now. It's all about pts nothing else. We were treated to a 2nd half master class against Stoke but today was about grinding it out and wearing the b******s down before the hammer blow knocked them out. Theoretically that's the hardest game out of the way but nonetheless it's about the result over the last 3, if we get treated during that time to the footy that we know they can produce then brilliant but personally I couldn't care less about that .
Championys !!

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It was as good a performance as the one v Stoke, just a different one..Like last season Swansea are the best team we played